Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

cannot get car to handle please help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

cannot get car to handle please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 11:33 PM
coving21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cannot get car to handle please help!!

Hello,

Well here it goes went out and picked up brand new duratrax street force gp2. Once home ran around 6 tanks for break in period. Once I felt she was good and ready I started picking up the pace, however the car under 75% throttle is uncontrolable its not even fun b/c I am so worried about crashing the dam thing. I have only been able to have the car in second once and that was just a brief moment before car spun out. I tried adding more suspension spacers than what came stock and that made it worse (offcourse) removed those and then started removing smaller width one's that came stock with car. No matter what I do the car darts in usually in the right but somtimes left direction. I have taken car to very clean smooth blacktop and it still does the same thing. I read on one post about these cars and second gear, that you can counter clockwise turn a screw behind the gears and car should go into second gear easier but can't find the post anymore if anyone has pictures of this screw or better details on what to do much appericated. I have ran offroad rc cars for a long time but never on road cars. The motor sounds great runs so good, however getting this car to handle is a pain! Oh yeah tried to mess with steering trim darn thing is so sensative you can't get perfect adjustments however I not convinced this is causing the car to handle poorly......any help greatly appreciated!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cannot get car to handle please help!!

you can probably set your steering to dual rate where its slow at the first 50% of the turning radius, also, i kept spinning mine out at first too, mainly you have to make sure it tracks straight, other than that, its all a matter of getting use to it
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
blazenevader

humm check if the wheels in the front are perfectly straight. iff there facing outwards just a little that is deffinatly causeing the problem. set them to slightly facing inwards.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
D-Nicest

Put a set of foam tires on the car