Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Evo won't shift....help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo won't shift....help please.

I had the RS4 out today and it wouldn't shift to second. I had Super Nitro RS4 wheels on it at the time, do you think the bigger wheels could be causing the issue? I haven't had it out since, but i have no idea why it won't shift....
Old 06-03-2007, 05:06 PM
hpi apollo

Default RE: Evo won't shift....help please.

that could cause the transmission to not be able to get up to such an rpm beause the engine doesnt have the torque, i would have tried different tires first and then suspected a problem
Old 06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
sfar785

Yeah, ecspecially since i left the stock gearing on there...it's like when i put bigger rims on my real car, i lost bottom end. I didn't have this problem before i put the Super Nitro wheels on there, so i'm gonna blame that until i go out again...thanks Hpi Apollo.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to the manuel that comes with the car and read the part about adjusting the shift interval on your car. using a allen key wrench there is a adjustment screw that can be turned clockwise or counter clockwise.(make sure you turn the right screw). turning the adjustment out(counter clockwise) might cure the problem. this adjustment screw on evo's has been known to slowly back itself out to far (counter clockwise) until it will not shift. adjusting counter clockwise makes it shift sooner, clockwise it shifts later. if the screw is out to far it will not shift. this happened to my evo. i took the screw out and put flexible thread locker on the threads and i've not had that problem since and i can still adjust it. i also took the tranny apart on mine just to see how it works and they are very simple in the way they work.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:01 AM
stephoon

take the a881 part and have a look if the grub screw for the second gear is machined on the right place. look at a part fromm the net and compare the 2.
thats what happened to mine and took it back to the hobby shop and dropped their jaws in disbelief as they thought that i was joking....well i wasnt. they replaced the part no probs. tested my rs4 3 evo today and its screams now wiyth second gear. hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:21 PM
evil

You will loose some bottom end if your engines down on torque as it takes more effort to turn the larger dia tyre from a standing start[&o].
Once you get going it should have more top end speed.[8D]
Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 PM
silverj

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm
I am sorry, but I believe IAMKAOS has it backwards. Turn it counter-clockwise to shift sooner and clockwise to shift later!! Goodluck!!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:07 AM
IAMKAOS

yep!!....your right, i had it backwards. i just re edited the post. hope that did not mess the guy up. but it is a fact that the adjustment screw backs its way out to far until it wiill not shift.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:12 AM
IAMKAOS

ORIGINAL: stephoon

take the a881 part and have a look if the grub screw for the second gear is machined on the right place. look at a part fromm the net and compare the 2.
thats what happened to mine and took it back to the hobby shop and dropped their jaws in disbelief as they thought that i was joking....well i wasnt. they replaced the part no probs. tested my rs4 3 evo today and its screams now wiyth second gear. hope this helps.
yes....i read on another post someone else was talking about that with their evo.