Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

inferno gt or power racing xr80

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
dpsantoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inferno gt or power racing xr80

i'm looking to buy a 1/8 scale touring car rtr to use on a parking lot. every sunday a group of guys set up a track in a trainstation. i don't plan on competive racing just a couple of hours on sundays. i have narrowed it down to the inferno gt or powerracing xr80. i'm leaning towards the inferno because it's shaft driven and i heard alot of good things about it. any input on my decision would be great. i'll be installing my jr radio and servos in whatever i buy. i'm definately not interested in any kit. thanks pat
Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Harvz

Default RE: inferno gt or power racing xr80

For parking lot, definately go with IGT. XR80 doest not have a good traktion on most parking lot and handle horrible. One little stone on the parking lot can ruin the belt easily.
I have a lot more fun with my IGT, I sold all my 1/10 on road. I have a Mugen MRX4R with XR80 tires, it only runs great on a well groom race track. The only down side of the IGT is the tire doesn't last long and the 2nd speed spur gear is weak, it's cheap to replace. The tire, I used the foam tire and cut a motor bike tire tube glow it on and after it wears I can glow another. Saves me a lot of $ and it last pretty much the same with stock and it handles great after few runs.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 AM
sputnikxxx

Default RE: inferno gt or power racing xr80

I have to disagree on the xr80.. it handles great... but he is right if you are going to be lot bashing go with the inferno gt... It will not be as fast as the xr80, but it will be more durable... and less costly on part's the xr80 tires don't last very long either, and can be kinda pricy depending on the tires you run with it.....

I have not had any issues with chewing up belts, yet.. but I think ive been lucky on that part.. I do think the inferno gt would be a better choice, but if decide you want a xr80 I got one rtr I will let go for 300.00