Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

help with HPI RS4 Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
changd82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with HPI RS4 Nitro

Just wanted to know if anyone could help me with my problem. I have a HPI RS4 with a .12 Nitro Star engine. When I start the car, I could drive it for about 3 minutes, and then all of a sudden, my engine shuts off. I can open the throttle all the way, but the car just dies after a couple of minutes. I tried opening the throttle a little bit wider, but I am still having the same problem. If anyone can help me, please let me know. Thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 05:43 PM
ferrarimk13

Default RE: help with HPI RS4 Nitro

you might have a leak in the fuel lines, so u can try changing it, and that would also happen if you half a crack or hole in your fuel tank, so you should check those
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
changd82

I just changed all of the fuel lines yesterday. I also checked the fuel tank, and that seems to be good also. How can I check if the engine is flooded? I am a noob to R/C cars, so I don't know how to check it.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your problem is in the tuning, here, read this all the way through and then read it again, i wrote it for noobs http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm