Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

nitro engine into a tt01

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Skydive2144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro engine into a tt01

ok so i have a tamiya TT01 chasis jsut running the stock electric motor it came with. i am really into doing engine swaps in real cars so iv been wanting to put a nitro engine into this chasis. anyone ever done this? i have jsut about an unlimited amount of tools and fabrication equipment to make any mounts i need for it. i want to do this more jsut to do it and had a nitro tt01 car then anything. let me know what you think
Old 06-13-2007, 09:38 PM
hpi apollo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro engine into a tt01

dont do it, an electric chassis is not made durable enough for a nitro engine, and the whole chassis is designed to accomodate a motor not an engine bo it will be majorly unbalanced, way more effort than its worth, not trying to discourage you but im just saying that its going to take way more than its worth and if you break a part then its not something that you can run down to the parts store for
Old 06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Skydive2144

well i know its going to be a lot of work, but the only thing that i will really be spending money on is teh engine. i dont really use this car any more because i got very bored with electric cars once i got into nitro. i just want to get a small used .12 or .15 for like 80 bucks and go from there. i have acess to make any custom parts a need at a presision sheet metal shop. i was just wondering if any one has done this before. im most likely going to do it and if i do ill keep you posted and post pictures of the process. anyone have an engine for sale?
Old 06-16-2007, 03:34 PM
xxpaRkerxx23

go 4 it m8 get a cheap tt .12!! reliable

trust me mines hada rite bashing