Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Pre-Build; MXR4R - Need Advice, Please Help Me Out...

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Pre-Build; MXR4R - Need Advice, Please Help Me Out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
scud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Build; MXR4R - Need Advice, Please Help Me Out...

Hi Guys: I have jumped across a line... Last night I could resist no longer- I went out and bought a kit MRX4R and a Nova...

I am basically hoping a few key MRX4 guys see my post and decide to contribute some helpful words of advice, as I literally have zero experience in this arena:

First: Any building tips to bear in mind with the kit? I have to admit, I flipped through the instruction manual and it seems to me that the instructions were MUCH better with my MBX5t kit.. I noticed a few obvious ommissions, for example - the MRX4 booklet does NOT call for thread-lock on the engine mount screws.. Somehow I feel this is in error- could it actually be that on-road cars don't call for thread-lock???

Second: ANY ABSOLUTELY NECESARY UPGRADE PARTS BEFORE I BEGIN BUILDING??? I figure I might as well go through this and built it the best way the FIRST time. The only upgrade parts I have thus far are aluminum made upper-arm mounts in front- meaning the bulkheads where the front upper arms mount with the hinge-pin, to the chassis. The hobby shop guy was specific and said it makes total sense to have these, since the plastic ones will break with little 'effort'... If any of you experienced MRX4R guys have any others parts to advise, I would love to hear from you.

Three: Looks like the 'clutch situation' is a little different here, then it is on my truggy/buggy kits... Anyone have any links to some good "Street-Cars 101" where I can learn about how the BOTH clutches work on this car?? I would really like to understand things better, and from reading through the manual, there are alot of vague spots and I'm afraid I'm going to mal-adjust something or screw up this kit..

Thanks guys- again, I've got many years of experience, but with very different animals.. It's a little daunting, but I've been thinking about jumping into 4wd on-road for a while, and I'm happy I bought the kit... now I just wanna assemble it correctly!