Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Are rc blasphemy
    Be smart show heart and act rong

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, calling another member "spammer" just because you don't like "x" product... IMO is an insult and acting like a troll.
    If you can't tell the difference, then thats your problem.

I'm done here...
    Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rondondo

sorry for all the stupidness everyone
    Apology accepted.

Let's get this back on track please, multiple posts deleted.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Herrsavage, try the Losi long wear clutch shoes, they work great and fit very well in the clutch bell, still have mine that I used in my DM-1 1/7, and are now on my GT2, still going strong, (1.0springs).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DM-1 CB's are so d.amn hard to find, I hate getting them all mangled with alu shoes. The biggest problem though is having the small bearings in the front grenade, then you can't get the rings out - CB toast..

I've tried several different clutches, and only one - the Fioroni Vario(actually, it's rebranded under the name PSR here..) fits perfectly with the three bearings and extension up front. Every other one I've tried has only been possible with maybe two small bearings up front, with some shims.. But too many shims, and not enough shaft for a third bearing.. What I want to do is run a .28 (LRP Spec 3/Losi 454) with my Fioroni carbon slider clutch, then hopefully forget about clutch hassles for gallons and gallons like in my MT's, truggies, SC8, etc.. As is, right now I'm constantly worried when running the car about a clutch issue causing a fried spur gear..
    Nitro > stamp collecting, watching grass grow, cleaning room, etc.. > electric.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been using ceramic clutch bearings for a while now, they hold up to heavy abuse! give it a shot.
    Also dynamite max life aluminum clutch shoes are very good with durability.
    HPI Super nitro RS4 RB .28-HPI RS4 Nova flash 21 (102mph)
    HPI RS4-3 RB Xenon-R .21-HPI Racer 2 OS .18-HPI R40 OS .18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ceramic .5x.8's? Three with the Ofna extension? Really worth it?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well since I've stopped blowing up bearings, yes I would say it's worth it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1.) You were blowing up bearings too? Thought I was the only one.. Everybody else is always saying how they run forever with no probs... (OK, have only really "blown up" bearings on one, max two CB's.. Mostly I just can't get the damn bearing outer rings out of the CB.. Whatever the case, they really don't last..
    2.) OK, will look into it.. Recently got a shiny new CB delivered with 15/19 pinions.. Will try it. Three with the Ofna extension I assume..

Thanks..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From my 1/8 MT days i ran dynamite max life and those were the best things i ever bought for it.. Altho im pissy about having a ultra smooth free spinning clutch bell. I just purchased a set and im curious how this will effect an on road
    Call me what I am. I am Kolossus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The dynamite shoes are all I use now for every nitro car I own, never going back to anything else!
    I even toasted the buku kevlar shoes in my RS4 doing speed runs, but the dynamites held up!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, thats what I meant Herr, the Dynamite shoes, (I said Losi), are excelent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, try the ceramic bearings, you'll be surprised as to their durability.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I was looking to get on a podium id buy the pointy shoe box that is spam advertised to death it must not be that great or us sell more of em without having to market ur product on forums ud have enough money for real advertising
    Really dude?

There’s no spam advertising of anything, what’s wrong with pictures of GT cars, bodies and happy GT racers in this forum about GT cars dude?

Instead of personally bashing anything, maybe try designing, testing investing and manufacturing a body that works; let’s see it. lol

O yea…. Andmaybe try making in the USA and available with a street peice of about $45 dollars too.

I’ve been playing and racing GT cars since 2007, when the first Kyosho GT’s hit the streets. I remember when Jeffrey Lin first raced the DM1s in Chicago. Having also organized the four largest GT only car races on earth and an avid GT racer doing everything possible to help grow GT racing, makes my posts far from any spamming.

I don't post weblinks to Ipanema's site; you've got google search for that…… [8D]
    Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

Every small rc company out there will advertise their product all over different rc forums. THEY ALL DO. And thats fine with me.
    But there is a huge difference between the ones who spam and does nothing else.... and the ones who sell a product, but will also contribute A LOT to the rc community... (In this case, jspeed and the GT community)

we don't have many bodies to choose from, they are not cheap.
    So... ''this guy'' comes out with a new body, fits different wheelbase, looks cool, inexpensive, track proven, 141mph proven...

Too many haters.

+1, thanks dude!
    Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oskygt

Gee, maybe it's because it's a racing body for GT cars, try one on your DM-1, you'll like it.
    Yep thanks dude +1

Have you seen this one yet?
    Cool looking paint job, nice look huh?

Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the warrior that's sucks because if I'm wanting a sexy scale body I would never buy the warrior cause its base off no car just made to be a performer if there were true la mans scale looking body's made from ur company that would be another story.
    Scale bodies costs money in licensing fees to be paid to the full-size car makers, that’s why only Kyosho does it.

There has been some β€œbootleg” copies of originals out there over the years, but they’re usually caught and get fined for copyright infringement, it’s always funny when they get busted too.

That’s why there’s not many GT bodies out there, so be happy that some people spend money to offer toys. lol [8D]

Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fdjizm

I've seen a lot of things in my days of internet... but a fight over an rc car body has to be the first lol
    Its just some guys that seem to always have an axe to grind, lol
    Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

sorry for all the stupidness everyone
    Apology accepted.

Let's get this back on track please, multiple posts deleted.
    Have you run at the big track in Athens?
    Have some GT friends there, if you're interested. [8D]
    Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice paint on that Warrior!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes scale bodies do cost money for licenses and copyright issues but that's only if u make a perfect scale of the car I could make a body that looks almost identical to a Bentley or Chevy or any brand but have minor slight altercations to make it ur own u don't have to call the body the true vehicle name but can say basses off of and ur in the clear. I've felt with these can of issues for real car parts I fabricate I know all about it..and enough about this gt body like 3 pages of people whinning is getting old everyone needs to agree its a great racing body, but that where it ends if u want sonething sexy ur stuck with the to scale bodies ofna has for us(( kyosho not the only licensed body maker due ur reserch Jspeed))

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Yes scale bodies do cost money for licenses and copyright issues but that's only if u make a perfect scale of the car I could make a body that looks almost identical to a Bentley or Chevy or any brand but have minor slight altercations to make it ur own u don't have to call the body the true vehicle name but can say basses off of and ur in the clear. I've felt with these can of issues for real car parts I fabricate I know all about it..and enough about this gt body like 3 pages of people whinning is getting old everyone needs to agree its a great racing body, but that where it ends if u want sonething sexy ur stuck with the to scale bodies ofna has for us(( kyosho not the only licensed body maker due ur reserch Jspeed))
    Partially agreed, all body design works of art are inspired from previously available cars; as is the case of the Warrior and should be evident if looked at objectively.
    Its flowing body lines were envisioned to provide aerodynamic performance and look aggressive too.

A non-creative person could always try to make β€œknock-off” version of someone else’s research, hard work and vision to try to β€œmake a buck”.
    Sometimes a sense of integrity is the ultimate prize in the end. [8D]

Here’s a sneak peek of a new 325mm GT car body design in progress. It’s been CAD wind tunnel tested in simulation software to provide a very nice balance of low drag coefficient, down force and a sinister appearance.

All the best fellas!

Team Ipanema

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please tell me you can make a few for the DM1 1-7[]
    Call me what I am. I am Kolossus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see nothing wrong with the owners of small companies showing their wares on these forums.....I think it shows that the companies care and are here in person to represent their products.... Would everyone rather deal with some large faceless corporation that doesn't give a rats ass about the common joe on the forums ? Would you rather call a helpline and deal with some jackass in customer service that doesn't know a dam thing about RC cars ? These forums are what keeps many of the small companies alive....and many times the small companies offer customer service far beyond what any of the large corporations do...... How can anyone criticize the owner of a small company for being here in person on the forums representing their products, dealing with people one on one....just shows that some of the people on these forums really have nothing better in their life to do then to pick on other people.....
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I disagree. It's spam when people plop in and try to sell stuff to people, unsolicited. I don't think that's picking on anyone - I just think it's crass. This thread is for discussing, asking about, and helping people with an Ofna DM-1, and not a platform for people to hawk their wares. My opinion anyway.. We're all entitled to one.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast