Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
oskygt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

If Jspeed and Ipanema don't showcase it's boddies, how are people going to know about the options open to them? it's done on other types of forums, ie monster trucks, crawlers, etc,etc, so lets all share the knowledge and stop trying to shoot down one of the "small" company's responsible for GT racing. I still have my old DM-1 (1/7) scale, with the mercedes body for display, but when I want to run it, it sports a Warrior body painted black, why? because it works and I love the Daytona prototype look it has and it's alot cheaper than a stock body which are a lot more delicate. So lets support a "small" company that's looking out for us and is fanatical about GT cars, racing or bashing.

'

Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't feel like "supporting" anyone.., and certainly don't want to be pressured to feel like I should. I'll buy what I want.

It's one thing when somebody says "hey, X is a good product, check it out..", but something else when it's like "hey, buy what I'm selling".. That is spam and should therefore be explicitly banned afaic.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
oskygt

What ever turns you on.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:30 AM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

I think everyone has got way way way off track here everyOne step back from the key boards have a beer or a smoke if u smoke maybe smoke a jay if ur into that and think about how dum this argument is no one should be knocking jspeeds body's since they work good and is another body for our dm1 but that said we need to get bak on track about how there's no body support and stop *****ing about the body's we have avalible.. And Jspeed maybe if u want more people to buy ur body's or more addvertisement make a sugesstion list of style of bodys the people want not just make a body then try to flog it just a idea.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: supertib

I see nothing wrong with the owners of small companies showing their wares on these forums.....I think it shows that the companies care and are here in person to represent their products.... Would everyone rather deal with some large faceless corporation that doesn't give a rats ass about the common joe on the forums ? Would you rather call a helpline and deal with some jackass in customer service that doesn't know a dam thing about RC cars ? These forums are what keeps many of the small companies alive....and many times the small companies offer customer service far beyond what any of the large corporations do...... How can anyone criticize the owner of a small company for being here in person on the forums representing their products, dealing with people one on one....just shows that some of the people on these forums really have nothing better in their life to do then to pick on other people.....

Neal,

What’s up, hope you’re doing well building those great racing engines of yours.

Don’t you find it funny when you see a few of the same guys “hating†on some people, but not others?

Keep doing your “thingâ€; you’re an asset to the international GT community and much respected by many in it.
All the best to you Bro, keep up the great work! [8D]
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 AM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

I think everyone has got way way way off track here everyOne step back from the key boards have a beer or a smoke if u smoke maybe smoke a jay if ur into that and think about how dum this argument is no one should be knocking jspeeds body's since they work good and is another body for our dm1 but that said we need to get bak on track about how there's no body support and stop *****ing about the body's we have avalible.. And Jspeed maybe if u want more people to buy ur body's or more addvertisement make a sugesstion list of style of bodys the people want not just make a body then try to flog it just a idea.
This is funny since I'm not trying to "flog" anything as your post suggests.
Whats happens is that when ever I post a cool picture of the Warrior body, the same few "hater" guys attack it.
Then I must make sure they don't try to influence people to join their hate group.
This upsets them, because I always make it known that they're just "haters" who do nothing positive for GT racing. lol

As far as any “lists†of desired bodies, honestly I’m personally not looking to become a “rip-off or copy-cat†car builder. As a long time GT enthusiast and body builder, I have no respect for anyone that makes “un-licensed†replicas of someone’s work of art body design. Call it morals or ethical integrity, whatever, but being a “scab†is not for me.

Making lexan GT car bodies takes dedication, skill, knowledge and a pretty large financial investment to accomplish. When I read personally attacking “hater†guy posts being made by the same group of guys, it makes a person wonder if it’s worth making anything new at all.

The customer may always be right, but if you yell at the cook, he just might spit in your food, lol
Keep that in mind when you read “hater†posts or are at a restaurant ordering dinner, lol

Old 10-24-2012, 12:07 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I disagree. It's spam when people plop in and try to sell stuff to people, unsolicited. I don't think that's picking on anyone - I just think it's crass. This thread is for discussing, asking about, and helping people with an Ofna DM-1, and not a platform for people to hawk their wares. My opinion anyway.. We're all entitled to one.
You're entitled to your opinion, but your personal attacks are not doing yourself any favors.
Get over yourself and your "hate", the rest of us GT guys don't see it or you "hersavage" as a positive energy for our sport/hobby's continued growth.

When ever any of you GT guys ask for a new body to be created for your toy cars, maybe people should realize that very few are made because if people with attitudes like herrsavage. You all have guys like him to thank for lack of company interest.

All the best fellas! [8D]
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Haha no the reason there no support is because There very limited 7th scale on road cars do companys don't put money into areas that arnt going to generate a large profit since the world and everything done in the world is to make the most money without spending really any and about ur bull crap about copying other people's bodies Jspeed is a joke look at every car manufacture out there 99% of cars have a twin made by A different company and if u know cars u would know most cars share the same parts because all parts are made in giant factories then relabeled for the company the products going to for example the new camaro is all vokal (Australian cars) suspension when it has a corvette motor but labeld a camaro so I guess Chevys a rip off car builder along with every other car company out there since they all do the same thing and creating lexan bodies is not a large finachile investment to make a vacuum form cheap large enough element((dam 7th bodies to big for songal broiler))to heat lexan before forming take two Oven broilers from a scap yard and bam u have ur heat element and to sculpt a bodie very simple if u have art and creative skills I like high density foam or mdf to sculpt them out of most expensive part is the lexan and I've already done this and it works perfect so don't say that wouldn't work just haven't on a 7th scale because don't the room ATM because my dam show car I'm doing a motor swap taken up all my space
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM

And stop feeding into these haters u keep defending ur body from these random few people anyone with half a brain and or is not a lil kid trying to get a rise out of people will read these post with a open mind and c that hey a body that perfomance at 140 mph must be dam good regardless what someone has to say that's never purchased ur body. Because I know I've never bought one but I think it's a decent body although not to hot on the style but on the track style come last compared to performance
Old 10-24-2012, 12:47 PM

So new subject what's everyone gonna do with there dm1 for the winter ?? I have a pond that usally freezes up near my house was gonna try to make some ice tires and a track on the ice this year c what happens only issue is ground clearance I think but I also have some narrow trugy tires that will lift it a inch and still maintain for steering (without a bodie) should be a riot
Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Haha no the reason there no support is because There very limited 7th scale on road cars do companys don't put money into areas that arnt going to generate a large profit since the world and everything done in the world is to make the most money without spending really any and about ur bull crap about copying other people's bodies Jspeed is a joke look at every car manufacture out there 99% of cars have a twin made by A different company and if u know cars u would know most cars share the same parts because all parts are made in giant factories then relabeled for the company the products going to for example the new camaro is all vokal (Australian cars) suspension when it has a corvette motor but labeld a camaro so I guess Chevys a rip off car builder along with every other car company out there since they all do the same thing and creating lexan bodies is not a large finachile investment to make a vacuum form cheap large enough element((dam 7th bodies to big for songal broiler))to heat lexan before forming take two Oven broilers from a scap yard and bam u have ur heat element and to sculpt a bodie very simple if u have art and creative skills I like high density foam or mdf to sculpt them out of most expensive part is the lexan and I've already done this and it works perfect so don't say that wouldn't work just haven't on a 7th scale because don't the room ATM because my dam show car I'm doing a motor swap taken up all my space

Such long posts from you and nothing to show for it, lol

Lets keep it short and sweet, shall we…..
Go ahead and try to mass produce your own GT body.
Lets see it, don’t talk about it, just do it! Lol

Here’s mine, where’s yours? Lol

Looking forward to taking a look at your new body design C-Fraser..::HPI::..
!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:55 PM
rondondo

This body discussion is a sensitive subject anybody try a xo1 body?? Does it fit??
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM
iexion

ORIGINAL: rondondo

This body discussion is a sensitive subject anybody try a xo1 body?? Does it fit??
Thats an interesting idea but with traxxas they tend to call their scales a little off vs other companies.
I would be willing to try and fit an x01 body IF i find one for a decent price
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
jspeed

There’s nothing sensitive about it dude, lol.

You rondondo, hersavage…. seem to like to attack me personally for posting pretty pictures of GT cars and answering questions about them.
You opened your “pie-holes†in attack mode and I rammed my foot up it.

Don’t like it?
Then don’t make any more personal attacks, very easy….
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: iexion

Thats an interesting idea but with traxxas they tend to call their scales a little off vs other companies.
I would be willing to try and fit an x01 body IF i find one for a decent price
How much does it cost?
What happened to the price of it?

Kinda funny to hear people cry "hate" against a Made in the USA body that sells in hobby shops for about $45 dollars, lol

Maybe the price of it should go up, lol
Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM
iexion

Theres no price on the clear xo1 body... jesus chill. Im talking about a clean unpainted un cut shell ffs
And for traxxas scale, they call the Tmaxx and Revo 1/10 monstertrucks but now sell those both with 17mm wheels... you know... like the kind a 1/8 scale ofna uses. Point being a traxxas 1/7 might be more like a 1/6
Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM
rondondo

JSPEED. Lol I never personally attacked u but ur demeanor makes me want to for sure u sound like a pompous dick and if u think u rammed ur foot up my pie hole ur also delusional as well I even apologized to you trying to be the bigger person but u just can't let it go for being an rc gt self proclaimed god and savior for the sport such as u are ur lacking in a bit of social skills thanks for all the "pretty pictures" and ur contributions to the rc world now keep my name off ur posts cause I asked a perfectly good question and am truly tired of ur disgusting attitude. P.S. sorry for no punctuation [:@][:-][][:@][]
Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
iexion

AWwww SNAP[X(]...lol
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

All this irrelevant crap should be dealt with via PM, not wasting space in a valuable thread.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM
jspeed

JSPEED. Lol I never personally attacked u but ur demeanor makes me want to for sure u sound like a pompous dick.......
BLA Bla Bla [>:] [:@][:-][][:@][]
Ah rondoesnothing, lol

Here’s another pretty picture, just for you, hope you enjoy it.

Want more radumbo?

Just say the word, there’s thousands more where that came from, wanna see em all,? Lol
Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 PM
rondondo

Lol keep the wife drive rc car up her ass.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
rondondo

Oh please j speed show all ur glorious pictures of ur awesome rc dynasty u truly rule bro I dream of having thousands of pics and rc super wisdom like a legend like u
Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
jspeed

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

All this irrelevant crap should be dealt with via PM, not wasting space in a valuable thread.
I think its better if the "haters" stop hating, or just make them shut up.

Pretty funny, you guys are asking for more GT bodies, but they want to "Hate" one one of the ones that fit on your DM1 cars and I could make make another one for your cars. In all truth, if you guys feel its ok for them to promote "hate" for the Warrior, don't expect me to make anything that will fit the full length DM1 again. So skin of my ...... its up to you.

Keep dreaming or wait until c-fraiser makes his foam scale "rip off" of someone's design, lol

Good luck fellas! [8D]
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
jspeed

Lol keep the wife drive rc car up her ass.
I heard your ol lady takes two up it at once, lol [8D][8D][8D]
Can you say GAPE, lol
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
rondondo

Lol ipanema sux

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.