Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Old 03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Well I don't see a "OFFICIAL" DM-1 thread so I started this one. I am pleased so far with the car and am endorsing it to anyone intersted in one. The stock .28 is a decent motor as long as the con-rod stays put.

Here's my DM-1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FbPrBWDhFtA
Old 03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OFFICIAL OFNA DM-1 THREAD

Good stuff Brent, give this car more exposure! Not enough people have it, I actually might be getting hired for an official job now, if that happens, there will be an Ofna DM-1 Pro at my doorstep within a few weeks[8D][>:] I love it this car, buy it people!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
annie_himself

Why isn't there a class for this car?! It gorgeous!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 PM
MiamizFinest

nice video!!! but brent open up that LSN need that thing is running out of fuel!!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
nitrohead5300

This car is fast too wow!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
ferrarimk13

theres no class, because a lot of tracks are too small, and not too many racers own them, they had a class at floyd bennet and it was super boring, 3 cars, 2 went out of the 5, lol
Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 PM
mbaulfinger

Hi Guys, It just so happens that there is a new class in my area for racing the DM-1 this year. Geared toward the 1/8 scale racer on a budget. That should be pretty neat. I have a question to ask...Does anyone know how a Ofna DM-1 handles and accelerates as compared to something like a 1/5 scale FG Sportsline or Comp? Just curious as I've always loved the large scale but think that my pockets aren't deep enough to play with the big boys. I think the Ofna may be a nice compromise. I'm going to get a DM-1 to participate in the local series.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Jeremy1976

Very nice Brent! That baby flys like the birds!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:00 AM
PAPE

ORIGINAL: mbaulfinger

Hi Guys, It just so happens that there is a new class in my area for racing the DM-1 this year. Geared toward the 1/8 scale racer on a budget. That should be pretty neat. I have a question to ask...Does anyone know how a Ofna DM-1 handles and accelerates as compared to something like a 1/5 scale FG Sportsline or Comp? Just curious as I've always loved the large scale but think that my pockets aren't deep enough to play with the big boys. I think the Ofna may be a nice compromise. I'm going to get a DM-1 to participate in the local series.

Funny you asked this, I wanted an MCD rally and I bought the DM1 insted. I own fg large scales and to be honest there is noting to compare a 2 wheel drive large scale to a 1/8 scale nitro 4 wheel drive.

aceleration and turns I chose the DM-1 hands down. I am verry happy I bought it and will never buy a MCD like I was planing on. and if your planing large scale get a Monster truck its more fun. than the onroads.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:05 AM
mbaulfinger

Pape, Thanks for the reply. I was thinking along those terms. I'll definitely get a DM-1 to participate in the local race series. Those large scale off road cars just seem like a lot of fun too (even if they would seem to be very expensive to maintain). I guess it all boils down to...why choose? Have fun with it and run what ya brung!

Brent, Sorry to hijack you thread and super job on the build up of your car. Thanks for sharing the information with the rest of us.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Brent Davis

Miami, yeah I did richen it up a bit after that.

Thanks Jeremy.

mbaulfinger, man you are fine. This is good information for us all to have. You are fine.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Fecal Freddy

Does this car have much in the way of ground clearance, or does it look like it can be set up to have some?

My Inferno GT is lonely out in the dirt.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 AM
rc_racer123

hello all my friend just got a dm-1 and he needs some help finding out what came in the car from the factory as far as diff oil and shock oil if anyone knows please post it and if you can convert it in u.s fluids i.e losi 30 wt 40 wt or losi 10000wt or 15000 wt you know what i mean thanks.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:45 AM
rc_racer123

hey mbaulfinger whats up i see you live in hamilton? that is about 5 min from me. a bunch of my friends all bought inferno gt''s and my one buddy got a dm-1 to run up at joyce park we try to get together on tuesdays for some test and tune at the track i have a inferno gt and love it i have also driven the dm-1 and it is a monster as well i really cant say which is better i am sure they both have there pros and cons it probaly all boils down to what you best suits your driving style. if you dont have anybody to pit with feel free to come hang out with us.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:50 AM
mbaulfinger

Hi rc_racer123, thanks for the heads up on the test and tune. Any idea what times you guys will be out there? I''m actually in Liberty Township too. Hamilton Hobbies has a tricked out version of the DM-1 sitting in the showroom on display right now. The owner of the car did a super job of putting it together and painting it up. Really makes me want to put one together and join you guys over there for the races. Have they started the series yet?

Mark
Old 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
rc_racer123

Hey whats up Mark we usually get together about 4:00-4:30 sometime around there and basically just run and help each other out until whenever, the series/season starts this sunday at joyce park me and my band of buddies will be there bright and early probaly around 8:00-8:30 we park along the fence and pit right there as well there will probaly be about 7 of us pitting together. Do you plan on getting your car this week and running sunday? and where is hamiltin hobbies at? are you referring to tri-state? Lonnie.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Jason.H

Any advice for a new guy that is planing on buying a DM One Pro?? I am planing on using the Axial .28RR spec 1 XS3 pro radio I have a bill of about $860.00 for all the extra stuff for the car.. Do you know of any Hop Up parts that you can buy for this car?? Is this car going to be easy to break of is it strong enough to handle some abuse? please let me know if this is a good car to invest this kind of money in be for i buy one thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 08:24 PM
rchabits

The DM is no match against the inferno GT and i own a dm1 so im not hatin,ill put my serpent killer up against any dm anytime anywhere
Old 04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: rchabits

The DM is no match against the inferno GT and i own a dm1 so im not hatin,ill put my serpent killer up against any dm anytime anywhere
What are you coming from with this? Nobody is saying that the DM-1 is better than a IGT or Serpent so take that chit and hide with it. All of these cars have their ups and downs.

Jason, ditch the Pro kit single brake pad and use the dual RTR brakes. I bought the RTR from the start since another board member said that the Pro brakes were junk and that is why he went to the RTR brakes on his.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Jason.H

should I just buy the RTR or stick with the Pro and upgrade the brakes? because if all i need to do is upgrade the brakes I will do that I don't want the engine or radio that comes with the rtr so for me I think the Pro might be a better deal thanks for the brake warning though..
Old 04-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Jason.H

by the way I have been up in the air on choosing between the DM one and the Inferno GT I like both but i like the layout of the DM One better I think. IGT just looks like it has a lot of ground clearance.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Brent Davis

Jason from what I was told by some guys that bought the Pro version was that they simply installed the RTR dual brakes and that was it. Everything else was fine.

I too was tossing the idea of a IGT and the DM-1 and mostly because you can get a IGT for $365 shipped versus $400 from towerhobbies with a coupon for the DM-1 which was a no-brainer. The DM-1 is newer and has REVO style looking suspension. The DM-1 also has more scaled looking car bodies than the IGT.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Jason.H

Right on man, Looks like I will be ordering the DM-1 real soon also getting the axial .28RR for it should be fun I guess we will see.. thanks for the advice..
Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Jason.H

Ok one more question from the new guy for now I am sold On the DM-1 I want to use the Axial .28RR in this car what clutches flywheel and clutch bell should I use, or will the one's supplied with the kit work with this engine... I want to have all my eggs in one basket when I place my order.. i do not want to be missing anything that I will need to complete the car.. I Hate when I have to wait on parts I am an automotive technician I wait on parts to finish crap at work all the time and I hate it.. thanks for all your help and If you can think of anything else I am going to need please let me know..
Old 04-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Brent Davis

Are you getting the RTR now? If so, the clutch, flywheel and parts will work just fine. To be honest, the RTR is just as good as a Pro version IMO. The Pro version has the lightened chassis which to me leads to flexing and it has a cooling fin for the shocks and that is about it and for an extra $50.......bs IMO. the RTR has the better brakes of the two anyways but the chassis is a tad heavier since it doesn't have alot of material cut out of it. Heck if you bought the RTR, you can sell the motor for more than $50 alone and just install your new Axial motor using the Ofna flywheel and clutch and hang on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.