Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Ntc3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
onebdgti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ntc3 ?

Hey guys just found this forum and all I can say is how usefull it is. Now down to the ? I have a Team Associated NTC3 and the front wheels aren't turning when I run the car. When I hold it in the air with the car off and spin the wheels all of them spin. But when I hold one of the front wheels the main drive shaft quits spinning.. I've pulled the rear diff out and everything looks good. Could this be the cause of a poor adjusted diff?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Osirisf16

Default RE: Ntc3 ?

Maybe your center differentail's oil is too thin. Or maybe you should check your front diff what's going on. And check if everything is in its place as it should be
Old 06-08-2008, 06:17 PM
GYNAIKAS

Does NTC3 have a blocked front diff?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM
scottywilkes

no, the factory team kit comes with a locker diff, but the standard RTR is a normal ball diff front and rear.
Seeing its the front diff thats not turning have u removed that? Sounds like u may of stripped a pinion gear

Other reasons could be a stripped out wheel hex, all the power would go to the stripped wheel, not giving the wheels drive.

Also a CVD could be broken at the joint, there are many things
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
onebdgti

Nope the front diff is fine. What was wrong with it was the rear diff was too loose and not transfering the power to the front driveshaft. After I tightened up the rewar diff it works fine now.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
GYNAIKAS

Are the final gears ok?
Old 06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
onebdgti

Yeap all the final gears were fine.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 PM
oneofakindtrini

hmm. i may have a answer to this. there is a pin behind the wheel hub adapter. make sure that it is there.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
onebdgti

Yeap its still there. I've already checked that out cause when I noticed that the main drve shaft wasn't turning when a load was put on it that was the first thing that I checked. But it seems that I have fixed the problem when I adjusted the rear diff. I'm assuming that the preveous owner luved to drift the car so he loosened it up. Now that I tightened it back up the front is turning now under a load.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Doonagoowin

If you drift, you lock the differential not loosen it
Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
onebdgti

Didn't know that you tightened it to make it drift. But since the front wheels are working now the thing handles 10x better. Now I just have to find some better tires.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:17 PM
onebdgti

I was wondering what do people do to these cars to make them handle better? Put sway bars on them or do they put a one way diff in it. Any help would be great cause I.m not new to the R/C hobby just new to on road cars. The only thing that I have messed with are my RC10's and my T-Maxx's.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:10 AM
j8to33

ORIGINAL: onebdgti

I was wondering what do people do to these cars to make them handle better? Put sway bars on them or do they put a one way diff in it. Any help would be great cause I.m not new to the R/C hobby just new to on road cars. The only thing that I have messed with are my RC10's and my T-Maxx's.
I don't have my ntc3 yet but I have a jato and the swey bars don't do anything. But I don't know about it on the ntc3.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Igotntc3andrevo

Hey onebdgti

I have a nitro tc3 thats pretty decked out and a few things help it control better if you play with the diffs to get them right that is one way but putting a solid diff in it i do not think would help you we normally put the solid diff in the tc3 if we are trying to have both wheels spinning equally at the same time ie. drag racing but if you want the best handling characteristics then definitely stick with the diffs. you can change to foam tires given that the area you run is pretty smooth with few rocks (imho the best upgrade).

another thing to check is that all the adjustments such as camber, toe, akermen, are all adjusted correctly. setting up the suspension and if you have the rtr getting the aluminum shocks with the threaded ajdusters would be great. You should also purchase the factory team spring set from AE and test out the different spring weights to your liking. other than that there isnt much for you to do because for its time the Ntc3 was the best handling shaft car out.