Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

HPI RS4 dilemma (or maybe not)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM
oekundar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RS4 dilemma (or maybe not)

Wow...my first post in a LONG time (and my second overal post) YIKES...but to the point.

I have owned an HPI RS4 2 for several years and recently renewed my interest in the hobby again, anyways...I found and bought an HPI RS4 RTR 3 for a pretty decent price, and I'm now sitting here thinking if I'd be better off selling my HPI RS4 2 since the RTR 3 is much newer, and appears faster...

Your thoughts?
Old 06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: HPI RS4 dilemma (or maybe not)

Go for it.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
NitroTherapist

Its easier to find parts for the rtr 3 so i would also say go for it
Old 06-16-2008, 02:37 PM
oekundar

I actually did buy the RTR 3...question is do I keep both or sell the RS4 2?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
GYNAIKAS

Your choice! If you no longer use the RS4 2 then sell it and get hop ups for the 3.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM
oneofakindtrini

he is right. sell it and get yourself some hop ups.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 PM
NismoGTR

Same here..I just recently got back into it and started running my older RS4 RTR which came with the .15 FE Engine. I went on Ebay and found a Nice price on a RS4 3 RTR with the 3.0 engine and wow what a difference I see when I run the 3.0. So my idea was to buy a new engine for the RS4 3 and put the 3.0 engine in my orgingal RS4. So if I had to repair one I can still have fun with the other. My main idea is to Hop-up the RS4 3 and just have the older RS4 with the 3.0 with headers and exhaust. Currently my RS4 3 is completely stock and my older RS4 has 2 Speed(which was not standard at the time) and different suspension. That is how I am going about it, so hopefully that gives you some thought of what you can do. Also you can have a friend use your older one if you need someone to run with. Good luck

BTW a friend you can trust that will take responsibility if he decides to go full throttle into a wall
Old 06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
oekundar

ORIGINAL: NismoGTR

Same here..I just recently got back into it and started running my older RS4 RTR which came with the .15 FE Engine. I went on Ebay and found a Nice price on a RS4 3 RTR with the 3.0 engine and wow what a difference I see when I run the 3.0. So my idea was to buy a new engine for the RS4 3 and put the 3.0 engine in my orgingal RS4. So if I had to repair one I can still have fun with the other. My main idea is to Hop-up the RS4 3 and just have the older RS4 with the 3.0 with headers and exhaust. Currently my RS4 3 is completely stock and my older RS4 has 2 Speed(which was not standard at the time) and different suspension. That is how I am going about it, so hopefully that gives you some thought of what you can do. Also you can have a friend use your older one if you need someone to run with. Good luck

BTW a friend you can trust that will take responsibility if he decides to go full throttle into a wall
Sounds like sound advice! I will certainly keep both, at least for now...they are just different cars...even though the rs4 2 needs some little things here and there...of course there is also the familiarity thing...

Thanks all!

Ola