Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Best site for RS4 Evo + hop ups?

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM
JonKBMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best site for RS4 Evo + hop ups?

Broke my front A arm - want to get aluminum replacements - someone linked to a site but I can't find it - they had EVERYTHING all laid out for sale on a website hmmm
Old 08-15-2008, 11:24 AM
oneofakindtrini

Default RE: Best site for RS4 Evo + hop ups?

the site i gave was brooklyn hobbies they have basically all rs4 3 evo hop ups. this is the [link=http://www.brooklynhobbies.com]link[/link]
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: JonKBMW

Broke my front A arm - want to get aluminum replacements - someone linked to a site but I can't find it - they had EVERYTHING all laid out for sale on a website hmmm
Here you go http://www.gpmracing.us/ you can get most of the hop ups from fleabay new for half the price.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
JonKBMW

Thanks a ton guys. I have an RS4 3 Evo+... is that the same as
HPI NITRO RS4 RTR 3?

The brooklyn site has all the part numbers. the parts are like 1/3 - 1/2 the price on ebay! Anyone ever order from RC_MALL on ebay? If I order like 10 things do they all ship together?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:50 AM
241 racing

Thanks a ton guys. I have an RS4 3 Evo+... is that the same as
HPI NITRO RS4 RTR 3?

The brooklyn site has all the part numbers. the parts are like 1/3 - 1/2 the price on ebay! Anyone ever order from RC_MALL on ebay? If I order like 10 things do they all ship together?
Yes there all the same as long as you don't order anything for the hpi rs4 2 everything will fit with no issues.I have heard of RC MALL but never ordered from them.I order my stuff from Hobbies-Store on fleabay there out of Hong Kong but they ship fast and will combine orders so shipping is cheaper.They also include some free stuff with your purchase so thats a bonus.Hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Car-Tune

The best hop up parts you can use on you rs4 are from HPI. Any aftermarket will not work 100% like HPI would
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 AM
241 racing

ORIGINAL: C-Los

The best hop up parts you can use on you rs4 are from HPI. Any aftermarket will not work 100% like HPI would
I use gpm racing products and have no issues they are a direct replacement for stock parts and fit 100% correct with no modding,so whats the issue?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52415.jpg
Views:	2713
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1012583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10957.jpg
Views:	2287
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1012584  
Old 08-16-2008, 11:05 AM
JonKBMW

thanks for the re-assurance, just spent $150 on 95% of GPM's up grade parts for my RS4 evo+
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
l0lzpl0x

why.....they make the car heavier

by carbon fibre and 241racing, can i hav a link to fleabay, i cant find it
Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 PM
241 racing

thanks for the re-assurance, just spent $150 on 95% of GPM's up grade parts for my RS4 evo+

Did you get your stuff from Hobby-Store?I have a few more parts to buy come winter to complete my car.The other one I'm going to do the carbon fiber hop ups on so it should be sweet as well.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:22 PM
241 racing

ORIGINAL: l0lzpl0x

Take the fl and first a out and put in order For bashing it really don't matter if it's a little heavier,just use a bigger motor.I'm going to do the stock one in carbon come winter.For racing carbon is defenetly the way to go but for bashing the aluminum is great.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
JonKBMW

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

ORIGINAL: l0lzpl0x

Take the fl and first a out and put in order For bashing it really don't matter if it's a little heavier,just use a bigger motor.I'm going to do the stock one in carbon come winter.For racing carbon is defenetly the way to go but for bashing the aluminum is great.
Driving fast and powerful cars in real life I can say that having some extra weight in a chassis that is over powered is not necessarily a bad thing.

The RS4 is seriously fast out of the box - its really really quick and out of control WOT most of the time so far. Adding some weight can't hurt.

Where do you get carbon fiber bits for it?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Car-Tune

241 racing,
l0lzpl0x is correct, all that GPM you added to your car will only make it heavier. Use carbon fiber and it will lighten in up alot more.
What everyone wants is to make their cars faster and to handle better. GPM will weigh you down and wont let you handle as good.
And what would be the point of adding a bigger motor if youre going to slow it down with all the extra weight? I lightened my car as much as I could and still put in a big motor (O.S18TZ).
If you are going to use GPM you might as well keep it stock and save your money cus those parts are doing you no good.If you would of left it stock it would be ligher, faster and handle better (extra weight will make it oversteer) Dont get me wrong, it does look pretty![:@]

241racing, and the issue came when I purchased the GPM chassis, it looks lighter and it does not help when you use the 37/41 spur gears. Many people think wrong when they try to dremel holes to move the engine to get the pinion to reach the small spurs. What you need is to use HPI chassis, the holes are longer so you can move your engine further.

JonKBMW, the carbon fiber parts caould be found in towerhobbies. And having a lighter car will make you better.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:04 AM
CBM Racing

Some good hop ups are heavy duty diff gears, carbon fiber shock towers, heavy duty diff output shafts, super chassis, good selection of pinion/spur gears, spring selection. These are what I have on mine and the best so far is the chassis and shock towers. Some alloy might be a good thing on mine. The arms are SO soft that if I use stiff springs the arms flex before the shocks compress, and the hubs/knuckles twist so much that setting toe/camber is pointless, useless soft plastic. Maybe someone makes stiffer arms from carbon/graphite composite? The steering knuckles are to soft as well, the screws holding them to the c-hubs can and do pull right out causing the loss of the bushing in the c-hub, so maybe alloy will help here increasing durability. The alloy steering bellcrank with bearings assembly is not a bad idea because the squishy soft stock one soon develops a bit of slop, and the extra weight is set down low on the chassis so it may actually improve handling by lowering the center of gravity. Any extra weight set down low can be offset by lightweight components higher up. Like c/f shock towers, and c/f upper deck. This is the route I want to go because the plastic upper deck offers no stiffening to the chassis that I can tell. If I take it in my hands and lightly flex car back and forth I can see the plastic upper deck bending like a peice of rubber. Also if they are not included, turnbuckles are a worthy option, and cheap. Also a carbon break disk, my stock plastic one melted in 5 tanks. Basically stock I hate this car! The stock chassis bends like a willow in the wind, the diffs leak all but the thickest fluid, the dogbones snap like pretzels, the plastic is WAY to soft...other than that I like it.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:58 AM
241 racing

Like I said before I don't race so I don't care about a little extra weight.If I raced then of course I would go with carbon or keep it stock.All I do is run them in a school parking lot with my son so weight is not a issue for me.I will do the stock one in carbon come winter.To each there own but I like the aluminum and don't care about the added weight so do whatever you choose and I choose gpm parts.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
JonKBMW

I'll weigh the items I take off and the items I put on, and then weigh the car as a whole to see what the difference in weight is.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 AM
241 racing

I wish I had a decient scale cause theres not much difference between the stock one and the mostly alum one[:-]But I'll take your word for it that it is.Any way I like the alum and thats all that matters heavier or not
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Car-Tune

Oh yeah, my son likes to drive r/c too. I built him his own hpi drift car with the stage d kit. On his car I did add gpm part so he can tap curbs and wont brake anything like that. And by adding more weight to his car, keeps the drift longer cus the wight will shift over.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 AM
JonKBMW

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

I wish I had a decient scale cause theres not much difference between the stock one and the mostly alum one[:-]But I'll take your word for it that it is.Any way I like the alum and thats all that matters heavier or not
I have a good scale that I use when I am balancing pistons and connecting rods (for real cars)