RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
dominicevans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello all

I never thought that I would really be posting in the onroad forum but here I am. A friend gave me his nitro on road car to try to get it started because he has never go it started after he got it from another guy which I am guessing is his friend. The Car is an hpi with a .15 engine rotor start. everything is a really good condition except the engine of course there is fuel still sitting in it for over a year now :O . all electronics are working great. I got it last night so i didn't really get a chance to try to start it but I did check the glow plug and it is dead.

So any suggestions before I try starting it would be great and can any one help me in knowing what car it could be? 1/10 scale hpi onroad with a .15 thats all i got, will post pics when i get home
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Cypriot Boy

Default RE: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

it must be an rs4!!! well no suggestions so far, just try starting it if not then we will see....
Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 PM
oneofakindtrini

put sum after run oil in it, n turn the engine over a few times. get a new glow plug. also check to make sure the air filter is clean.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM
dominicevans

omg guys... I put in some fuel in, flood it through the engine a few times, same with some after run oil, then i changed the plug, put in some fuel, prime it then bam it start 3rd rotation the engine made.. the engine is running as strong as ever...btw it doesn't even have any air filter fill (the sponge) LOL...used a diff filter of course... but I am surprised that this thing even would work much more to run to smooth and powerful damn... didn't get to run the car tho (no where to run it.....YET!!!!....) but I'M SURE IT WOULD FLY... I finished adjusting the brakes with the rest of my time and did after run maintanence asusal and put it away....

I know it now seems that I made this thread for no reason but I honestly thought it would have been hell to start

THANKA GUYS
Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 AM
CBM Racing

That's the way it always goes! Take great care of an engine, stored properly, perfect record of after run maintenance, fresh fuel=frustratingly hard starts. Take an old rusty dirty engine with no airfilter stored in a bucket of mud and sand=pops right off. [X(][:'(][:@]
Old 09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
oneofakindtrini

btw, what type of engine is it.like model or whatever. n wha car is it in.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
dominicevans

I am guessing its an RS4 not too sure here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94177.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1043957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89043.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1043958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82206.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1043959  
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
CBM Racing

Yup, rs4 3 maybe evo vversion. My advice is to lose that pipe asap! Not sure on the engine though. I had(have)one and was so dissapointed in performance I changed it out right away to an os 18. Then, after trying to get it going as well as it should, realized the pipe sucks big time! I mean, it killed the t-15 stock engine, and also the os 18 I put in. So get a decent cheap pipe and the performance goes up like you won't believe. The t-15 engine was trashed after 3-4tanks though, the pipe cost so much power that I overleaned it, then after pulling it, the crank snapped when tightening the flywheel down [:@]. Tell your bud to invest in a pipe, an 18 tz, heavy duty diff gears, and hang on tight! I run from 19/22-21/25 clutch gears in mine, and if yyou think it's fast noe, you got another thing comming! I run a c-vec pipe, os 18 tm bump start, and 21/25 clutch and 39/43 spur gears, and ut is crazy faast for the price.Noyt rteal impressed with the handling, but speed is crazy fast after some cheap mods and learning to drrive it
Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 AM
dominicevans

oh ok kool...0S are big $$$ but I"ll see how it goes, i'll try to take it off his hands really cheap (doesn't know what they are really worth nor have appreciation for it)....Then mod it