Which Tire Compound?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:04 AM
sell682
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Tire Compound?

Hello All,

I was wondering what conditions should I look for to help me choose the right tire compound for a race, SOFT, MEDIUM or HARD Tire?

I currently practice on mostly asphalt or concrete race tracks, with slick tires. My current way to decide is put a tire compound on and see what works but is there a rule of thumb for fast selection? Like track temperature, weather temperature, dust, a race line is present on the track from car tires from past races. I like to race in a the Inferno Gt Stock series to foam tires are not allowed at the moment, but kyosho rubber slicks are.

Input is greatly appreciated.

Sam
Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
WalawalaStore

Default RE: Which Tire Compound?

If you use rubber tires, you should focus on temperature, use hard compound in hot weather. If track is dusty, you can move to radial tires. Choosing the right inserts is also the key to the winner's circle.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM
chewyjr13
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Which Tire Compound?

for foams it depends on the track i kinow where i run 42 rear adn 42 front work the best. Then i true them depending on the current conditions. Ask around see what brand and shore poeple are running. I run jaco, exceed, nitroshoes they are all the same and usually run a 62 60 or a 60 58 on my nt1.