Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 PM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

ORIGINAL: RUSTYREVO

where everybody at
..................Out running their stuff!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
nitrohead5300

Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

Man I just finished up adjusting my V1RRR so I can get my Kawahara wide 40mm tires on so they don't stick out of the body. But man those tires are kinda ugly dirty white can't wait till I wear the foam off so I can dye the rims and mount my own foams
Old 02-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Brent Davis

I aint doing much lately with the cars as they are dressed and ready to run. I have had my latest attention towards my new Savage XL but with a Picco P3 and my Pro-Mod car since test-n-tune is mid March. You don't come out there with your chit not right.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM
nitrohead5300

Did'nt know you like Monster Trucks too, cool!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

oh yeah man, I have a Revo that is a beast using the Picco P3 BUT I have blown enuff transmissions to build a brand new truck so it is now up for sale with the brand new K5.9 that came on the Savage. I convereted the transmission to a single speed and it now has not broken that at all since going single speed. It has the Spektrum radio with two recievers, some new in the package parts, big joe wheel/tires........BTW, I JUST ADDED THESE TIRES so it was not them that was breaking my transmissions as I had the stock Revo tires on it and breaking transmission gears/pins. It has the New Era big block engine kit as well as a roll cage.

I will be running my cars pretty hard this weekend as the weather is supposed to be very nice and about 65 degrees.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Over_revO

Keep us updated as you always did bro, nice truck!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:02 PM
ByronRC
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ByronRC

Rusty, where in the world did you get that awesome body?[8D]
Does anyone know?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

oh yeah man, I have a Revo that is a beast using the Picco P3 BUT I have blown enuff transmissions to build a brand new truck so it is now up for sale with the brand new K5.9 that came on the Savage. I convereted the transmission to a single speed and it now has not broken that at all since going single speed. It has the Spektrum radio with two recievers, some new in the package parts, big joe wheel/tires........BTW, I JUST ADDED THESE TIRES so it was not them that was breaking my transmissions as I had the stock Revo tires on it and breaking transmission gears/pins. It has the New Era big block engine kit as well as a roll cage.

I will be running my cars pretty hard this weekend as the weather is supposed to be very nice and about 65 degrees.
.................I have a Losi LST2 and a XTM ST monster truck.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:54 AM
nitrohead5300

Hey Brent check this out, this is what you need for offroad bashing when you get done then you can ride it home!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEPiMS7TFc
Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Brent Davis

Hey Brent check this out, this is what you need for offroad bashing when you get done then you can ride it home!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEPiMS7TFc

LOL, now that thing is an absolute beast man but I will have to pass on that to keep the smaller 1/10th scale cars as I am just too into them. I ran one of my CD3's that I put in a modded Picco P3[X(] and DAMN is that thing torquey down low. The top end is very good too but it is a tire shredder fo sho. We plan to go out today and make some hard passes so I will try and get some footage of that. Any runs from the NTC3 with the narrowed rear end lately?

I also have been enjoying my new Savage too as it runs very good with the stock P3 in it.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:00 PM
nitrohead5300

No running for me until my gout leaves my hands, jumps from one hand to the other!![]
Old 02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Brent Davis

No running for me until my gout leaves my hands, jumps from one hand to the other!![]
Dang man. Sorry to hear about that. Well hopefully you will be able to get it out soon and show what that thing will do with those tires on it now.

Get well too

N. E. body else running or building a car?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:55 PM
nitrohead5300

Dang man. Sorry to hear about that. Well hopefully you will be able to get it out soon and show what that thing will do with those tires on it now.

Get well too

...........Thanks Brent , I have great expectations for the Nitro TC-3 it was fast last summer and it was not shifting into 2nd gear. I finished up the V-1RRR rear end too . If it does well it might get a extremely modified .21 in it . Did you do ant reunning today??
Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get well too

BOATS BOATS AND MORE BOATS!!! i havent used any nitro cars since mid december but i have used and im still tweaking my brushless set up, the idea of carrying all the nitro stuff i need for a day of nitro fun kinda turns me off right now!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:27 AM
nitrohead5300

Get well too

..............Now I am finishing up my old R-40 that I am putting a .21 in. Just a few more things to do and it will be ready to go. Hey Brent it looks like CRC racing is starting to discontinuing its extra wide 35mm tires that is too bad[]
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
hitechglobalgroup

I'm proud to announce she's almost complete. Taken about 6 months...Damn long time. Lots of mods...couple things to tidy up...I did post pics late last year...but here are the recent one's. I had an Nova 21 plus 5 in there which I sold...Yes..what you see is a Cordoba Nova 35 plus 21 Collari motor, exhaust just mounted (What a pain that was).
Geared for top end.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11921569@N08/3323926953/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11921569@N08/3323928909/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93360.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1148958   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60447.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1148959   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72495.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1148960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49607.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1148961  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 AM
MiamizFinest

Nice set up high tech, i got 2 questions for you! when are you going to test that sucker out??? this week ill prolly bring out the racer 2 this week asumeing the temps dont get too low, anything under 65 degrees and i refuse to run my nitro's

second question, your planning on running foams right?? those wheels you got look great but theyll blow off realy quick with that motor and gearing (i blew alot of those x pattern tires back in the day)

Brent, i just noticed you picked up a savage, i use to have a FAST savage back in the day what are you plans for yours??

I actually had a second one for offroad fun

Both are long gone now.....The only MT's i kept and im keeping for the long run are the LST2 and Revo

PS i did a switch around as far as motors goes, the VG had a HORRIBLE top end, while the LRP had a GREAT top end and bottom end punch, i still got that same LRP motor stored away but the 30VG is long gone on ebay
Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
hitechglobalgroup

Hey Miami'z

Definitely foams...just used those wheels for setting up ride height and fitting the components. I still have a bit of work to be done on it regarding aero dynamics. Might even remove the rear wing and place a smoother one with less transition. Coming from a racing background, I can tell you that after 75 mph is when aero kicks in.
How does your car feel when it hits 75 and up? Does it stick more? Or is it just a blur....

Alan Sutherland
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
nitrohead5300

HlTech what is the chassis under that body??
Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Brent Davis

hitech, the car looks good man. Like nitrhead asked, what brand chassis is it that you are using?

Miami, man I had major transmission woes with the Revo even with the stock 3.3 engine and still on the stock tires. Although I will admit that the Revo was a great truck otherwise. I ONLY had tranmissions go so I then locked out 2nd gear after replacing first gear for about the 5th time. Well the locked out 2nd gear wasn;t going to cut it either and it was heating the heck outta clutches with the Picco P3 in it so I decided to look into the Savage XL since it was built around a big block engine and also has a 3 speed on it AND steel gears. A friend of mine has a Revo too and he installed the steel Robinson Racing gears in his and they stripped the first weekend that we had the truck out so no steel gears for the Revo for me to break those too. So far I just plan to run the Savage in the yard, dirt areas and such and not try to break landspeed records with it at all. It has a modded P3 in it and man is it a blast to run. I beat the living crap out of my friends this past weekend with their Savages that use the K4.6 stock engines and also my one friend that has the Revo still with a modded .21 TM on it. Now they all want a Savage XL because when that biatch hits 3rd gear, it is OVER.....lol.

My CD3's are like pit bulls in training man. The one that I had the modded 3.3 in now houses a Rbmods Picco P3 just to see how well it will run in a car that it wasn't designed for is just plain tricky. This thing makes sooooo much bottom end torque that it aint funny man. The cahssis is screaming to handle the power this engine is putting to it. I think it will pull my .21 off the line with both of the hooking up. I have yet to hit top end with it yet though.

Thanks for all the "Nasty" big block 1/10th scale car guys in here that have built or building their cars. I have recieved a ton of PM's asking how to build one and all that but alot of it is on your own and I will share as much as I know to do on parts and what I did and I think I have already have too.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM
MiamizFinest

Brent its too bad to hear abotu your revo, ive never stripped a revo gear ever, i never ran the 3.3 motor from day one i bought the new era engine mount, picco 28 RB modded ofna 086 and some tall gears, i never ran mine off road and nearing the end of 2006 i had the revo topping out at about 63-65 MPH with no tranny issues, also i replaced the whole clutch system with one off a savage useing mugen aluminum shoes with 1.1 springs to bullet proof it, i still have the truck but have no used it since the end of 2006. I got pic's there old ass hell but the truck looks exactly the same, i might take it out soon and give it a spin and some video i never got of a video of this things running and if im not mistaken i think the fastest revo on youtube is in the low 60'

Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
MiamizFinest

High tech you car looks pretty well set up, leave that wing on ive pushed it to trippled digits with my electic TC4 and had no issues it works great, the only problem your gonig to have is unless you fiber glass the whole front end of the body its gonig to fold over once it starts breaking wind

If you see the flat spot in the front of the body is going to make the body collapse horribly, and since the front end is so smooth its not reinforced anywhere, pick you self up a zonda body ull be much happier weve pushed the zonda to the limits and its just works great, check this pic from when i first built my TC4.

See how the front of the zonda has bends and curves all over the place?? it helps the body keep it's form while brakeing wind, my only complain about the zonda is the crappy lexan wing it brings from the factory, but you already have the pastic HPI one so just throw that sucker on the zonda and your set, its a direct fit.

Normally the only body id recomend is the protoform pan car, but it wont fit you RS4 3 what so ever becuase of the front shock tower on your car, SO the zonda comes in a VERY VERY close second place, i pushed my red zonda body to 105 MPH in the TC4 and it kept the car stuck to the ground like glue.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Brent Davis

well Miami, I guess I can see why you never broke a trans gear because of your gearing. That is pretty tall whereas I was spinning like crazy off the line with mine. Oh well, I like the Savage alot better now though.

BTW, if anyone is interested in a brand new 235mm body, I just bought it and do not need it any longer. Send me $30 and I will ship it out.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
MiamizFinest

For the revo i was running 21/34 then swtiched to 23/34......in the pictures i think its still 21/34
Old 03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
hitechglobalgroup

Hey guys,

It's an HPI RS4 3 chassis. Lowered front towers. Angled inward like the racer 2's. Chose this chassis because not to many people think it can be done except for the support from you guys. I had a guy tell me that it would't be possible to do because (a.) the shocks sit to high in the front not allowing low profile bodies....Well, I made the mods that same night. The sit very low now ha. I will shoot some pics of it later on.
Goal is to hit a buck (100). Aero package comin soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.