Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2475

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

ORIGINAL: roadrunner ss

im letting every body now that im letting go a racer 2 with a rb 21 modded engine this car is very fast i only run this car three times that it i only ran aÂ* half quart thur it so it still new the pinoin on the car is 30 in the spur gear is 36 he car was clocked at 101 mphÂ*i put 1500 dollars in it im letting it go for 400 to 500 dollars so inbox me if u need info i will pay for shipping in handleing
    Roadrunner you got any videos of this car running 101mph??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All,

Thanks a ton for posting in this thread. I've had alot of ideas and moments where I come back in here and go thru page after page reading and re-learning a few things here and there. I recently have been running my home built carbon fiber chassis CD-3 car with a 2012 Picco .21 TQ motor and also a 2011 Picco .21 TQ motor. The new 2012 motor has a little more bottom end over the 2011 because the crank has the tungsten slugs installed in it whereas the 2011 .21 TQ motor doesn't have the slugs at all. I must say that with a few tricks to the engine sleeve timing....particularly to the exhaust side, the Picco is making probably more HP than my best Kangaroo engine is BUT I also know why that may be the case. The Picco has a TON more crank timing over the Kangaroo out the box. With all that said, the Picco just simply roasts my Kawahara tires down to the rim. This car is so much fun having a .21 in a 1/10 scale car that HANDLES it well enough to keep it straight and run with some 1/8th scale sized cars too. I have not given up on my kangaroo engines just yet but pending some track test runs with the new Picco's in my drag car, that will determine the final word if I keep the 'roos or not.

Anyways, keep the thread alive with your builds and suggestions on 1/10th scale BIG BLOCKED cars.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys sorry I know this is off the topic but have you guy seen the Traxxas Xo-1 coming out? It claiming to do 100mph out of the box for a costly price of 1100 dollars. Here is a link if you want to take a look for yourself, http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SpeedyNitro92

Â*Hey guys sorry I know this is off the topic but have you guy seen the Traxxas Xo-1 coming out? It claiming to do 100mph out of the box for a costly price of 1100 dollars. Here is a link if you want to take a look for yourself, Â*http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

why pay $1100.00 for a car that only goes 100mph when you can slap a big block and a single speed to an old as.s rs4 and do 103mph for 1/4 of the price?(wink)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rchabits

ORIGINAL: SpeedyNitro92

Â*Hey guys sorry I know this is off the topic but have you guy seen the Traxxas Xo-1 coming out? It claiming to do 100mph out of the box for a costly price of 1100 dollars. Here is a link if you want to take a look for yourself, Â*http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1

why pay $1100.00 for a car that only goes 100mph when you can slap a big block and a single speed to an old as.s rs4 and do 103mph for 1/4 of the price?(wink)

Yes, you can do that OR build some mixed parts RC and convince yourself its the fastest thing on the planet. Thats always cheaper!!!!

Speedynitro there is a 18 page thread in the electric onroad section about the car, good info on it, i plan on picking one up looks like a great car!
    -= 100 Is Only The Beginning =-
    -= Made In Dade =-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rchabit yeah that is true that you can built a car that will go 100mph+ for half the price with the right concept but I'm not going to lie the x-01 look pretty interesting with that giant motor in it, and the way they built the chassis and body foraerodynamics is really interesting with whats on the market right now.

MiamizFinest Thanks, ill go take a look at the thread to see everybody comments on it. I was thinking on picking one up too to give it a try

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, new to this thread. I should have been checking the forums here a long time ago. I do have one of these cars. I was trying to make the 100mph HPI RS4 I seen in a video years ago. I think I suceeded but haven't had the chance to try it out before going in RC coma. I come back and it's now 100 mph out the box and 160 to 200mph for new RC speed records?

Well here's my recipe and one day I'm still going to find somewhere to do this run. I just want to find a more wind friendly (aero) body.

HPI RS4 Super Nitro with XTM 247 modded engine from a XTM Mammoth ST.

I\'\'m working on it! No it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not a comeback, more like a \"Get There\".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NBCTANK

Hello, new to this thread. I should have been checking the forums here a long time ago. I do have one of these cars. I was trying to make the 100mph HPI RS4 I seen in a video years ago. I think I suceeded but haven't had the chance to try it out before going in RC coma. I come back and it's now 100 mph out the box and 160 to 200mph for new RC speed records?

Well here's my recipe and one day I'm still going to find somewhere to do this run. I just want to find a more wind friendly (aero) body.

HPI RS4 Super Nitro with XTM 247 modded engine from a XTM Mammoth ST.

Car looks great man BUT I think that the engine will not run 100 MPH. What is your gear ratio for top end runs?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I recently had to dremel some strip hex screws out of a used serpent 960 I recently purchase. I had to cut into the chassis a bit to make a nice line on the screw so I can screw it out with a flat head. Has anybody try to use jb weld to repar a chassis?

NBCTANK You might want to look into better tires as well. I don't think you are going to have as much grip with those tires

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i got to tune my baby up in get her back on the road real soon
    Made In Miami-Dade,Florida
    catch up or get left behind (beep beep)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, I haven't been into the RC game in a while (last posted 5/2010, just dusted off a few cars to mess around!
    Little update from a looong time ago, I wasn't able to break 96.4mph with my super nitro RS4.
    I have a new engine to mess with for it, RB WS7 L2G. (also have a xenon-r I haven't even broken in, but leaving that one nice and safe in the box)
    I may make some gearing changes, some guys on here were right about calculations being that I didn't take load into consideration.
    So the old .21 (gotech) just stopped pushing the car at that speed and also I was having some lifting problems with the front end with the body on!
    But when it gets nicer around here I am going to see if I can finally break 100mph on the new setup

The two speed setup really help the car not be boring, low end is pretty weak as you can imagine with the low gearing all around but the 2 speed helps get it going much better than one speed.
    I pulled out the 32t diffs in favor of the stock 39t (32 with a 20t pulley was bogging out of it's mind)
    HPI Super nitro RS4 RB .28-HPI RS4 Nova flash 21 (102mph)
    HPI RS4-3 RB Xenon-R .21-HPI Racer 2 OS .18-HPI R40 OS .18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an HPI RS 4-3 that I want to upgrade from .18 to a .21, where could I find the adjustable motor mounts ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an HPI RS 4-3 that I want to upgrade from .18 to a .21, where could I find the adjustable motor mounts ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Car-Boy

....................Do a search on this thread for adjustable motor mounts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Car-Boy

......................Do a search on this thread for adjustable motor mounts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this my baby it have a rb mod 21 engine its a one speed i got to put it back on the road it been sitting for a lil min now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj22501.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	1721749  
    Made In Miami-Dade,Florida
    catch up or get left behind (beep beep)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello!

I was wondering if yall can help me out. I'm currently trying to shove a Losi 3.4 engine in my NTC3 I have laying around. The Losi 3.4 bolts in perfect with the stock NTC3 engine mounts. BUT the Losi 3.4 doesnt have a 2 speed clutch bell. So i swapped the stock NTC3 clutch bell over. BUT, its too big(the shoes wont swing out far enough to contact the bell) and it doesnt mesh with the spur gear correctly.

stock losi motor and clutch bell assembly. Fits great!!!! Haven't ran it yet like this.

Losi engine w/ stock NTC3 clutch bell. could shim it out or make new engine mounts, but still doesnt fix the fact that the bell is too big for the 3.4 shoes.

So I'm looking for a 2speed clutch bell that would fit a Losi 3.4 engine. Any help was be greatly appreciated.

I need to get my micrometer from work and measure the bell on the 3.4 motor, that might help finding a bell that will fit
    93 Jeep Cherokee
    2\" lift
    White Fender

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: roadrunner ss

this my baby Â*it have a rb mod 21 engine its a one speed i got to put it back on the road it been sitting for a lil min now
    How is the bottom end? I didn't like it when I tried the high gear one speed.
    If I can't hit my goal I may throw my RB TM928 in a.k.a "the kraken" with a one speed lol
    HPI Super nitro RS4 RB .28-HPI RS4 Nova flash 21 (102mph)
    HPI RS4-3 RB Xenon-R .21-HPI Racer 2 OS .18-HPI R40 OS .18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Swapped the whole NTC3 clutch/flywheel assembly onto the Losi 3.4. Now the problem is when I tighten the bolt that holds clutch bell in place, it will prevent the clutch bell from free spinning. Like its loading the bearings and not allow the clutch bell to spin freely,.. I even used a dished/curved washer so it would tighten agained the inner race of the outer bearing. still no dice

Does the bolt on the end tighten up against the bearings/clutch bell? Or does it tighten up against the crankshaft and the washer holds the bell on,...?

Losi 3.4 engine, NTC3 Flywheel/clutch assembly. I'm probably gonna rock with this gear mesh for starters. If i need to move back the engine I'll make some mounts.
    93 Jeep Cherokee
    2\" lift
    White Fender

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Nitrohead, here are some updated pictures of my kyosho v one rrr rebuild part 2. This time I took my time with it and took everything apart clean and check everything then replace few parts and spray printed others. I also clean and polish every screw with a dremel wire wheel least no body sells screw kit for it anymore. You were right im really surprised how this handles with all the power. Sorry I wish I had better pictures. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo41513.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	1725217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj28362.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	264.6 KB 
ID:	1725218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ze85364.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	1725219  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Speedy, glad you are enjoying your car!! But take it eazy with that hopped Nova!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Nitrohead I will lol, I haven't been able to really push it. I'm waiting for the temperture to get a little warner it been kinda crazy lately one day it's in the high 50 and the next day it snows. I drove it for about 2 minute beforet I had to leave to work but the was about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe you are really going to enjoy your car. Now take your time and select a good body for it. And put a killer paint job on that body!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SpeedtNitro I just saw a new Os .19 High Output buggy motor a speedtuned 19XZ you might want to check it out to see if it has any potential but it cost so much....like appox $450.00[] The weight of this engine is 343g, RPM 4,000-40,000 , HP 2.7 @ 34,000rpms.

Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast