Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

TS-4N upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Tiger88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TS-4N upgrades

Ive got a TS-4N Plus. I want to upgrade it with 2-speed transmission and tuned exhaust or maybe engine engine swap. What kind of parts have been used before and where to get hold of them. Cheers guys
Old 02-24-2009, 05:46 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TS-4N upgrades

Here's the two-speed transmission [link=http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=14549]<clicky>[/link]

A good set of bearings will reduce rolling resistance, improving acceleration and top speed - the [link=http://www.avidrc.com/shop/?action=category&id=1]Avid Revolutions[/link] are very good, and cheap too
Old 02-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Tiger88

Cheers fo the advice mate. I looked all over model sport yesteray and couldnt find the 2-speed lol. Im guessing i have to remove the bearings and measure them to match them up?????

Cheers mate
Old 02-25-2009, 01:24 PM
snowbl!nd

Yeah, I think there's only three different sizes you need (hubs, bulkheads & steering). I tried finding the e-mail conf. for the order I made to give you the sizes but it's long gone so no luck i'm afraid.

Try and get hold of some titanium pivot balls for the front too if you can, the stock ones are like butter and you'll be forever replacing them if you're as bad a driver as me lol.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Tiger88

Cheers mate thanks for the advice. Last question lol.... Where do you get your TS-4N parts from. Alot of the places i have tried seem to have nothing in stock?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Tiger88

Is this the kind of Ballrace kit i will need?

[link]http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=11719[/link]LINK
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
snowbl!nd

I got all mine from Modelsport but I haven't used the car in a while so haven't had to buy any. If you get really stuck try googling the part number - that'll sometimes turn up something.

Yeah that'd be fine, but the Avid bearings will be of much better quality if you don't mind ordering from the US.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 AM
BEENO132

hiya guys i also have the ts4 i have smashed it to oblivion on many different occasions
i still am looking for some cheap easy to do upgrades im not verry good with this car i havent got to know it and my m8s dad builds tamiyas test cars so he allways fixes myn 4 me
the worst thing i can think of with my car is if i have a crash the exaust slips out of the silcone pipe and makes one hell ov a racket is there any meetings for geeks like me to go to?

i used to build mardaves (small electric kits) all the time and sort ov miss the whole geeky bit so i went out and bought a thunder tiger
Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Tiger88

Hello there BEENO132, How you finding the Thunder Tiger? Ive upgraded my RC so im selling my TS4N with a few upgrades. If you interested let me know and i will fill you in.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
sjmikey

hi ive got a ts4n as well, and i got a tuned exhaust from end of line rc there part of cml so there pretty good but its all ( as name suggests lol) end of line so if you see something you want get it quick cos when its gone its gone! i got the tuned pipe for £4 they got plenty of foam wheels as well which i think give a lot more grip than rubber.
what up grades you gonna go for?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 AM
nitro-mouse

Helo. I have 2 TS-4N's and lots of spare parts to build another. I am in London and the LHS (308 Hobbies) stock spares for them.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:48 AM
BEENO132

well i am actually interested in a little nitro rc for my brother nothin serious hes only ten so im after a cheap 2nd hand runneer for him to toy around with till he finds his feet lol i say that now but ive been doing it years now and still dont know what im doing and i have a nasty habit ov smashing the piss out ov my cars ,apprently i have broken a gearbox case or gear case or something on my car luckily the guy whos fixing it has ordered and fitted one in 2 days cost me 6quid
if any ov u guys have or know where i can buy a cheap little nitro car let me know i dont want no shower of **** tho bear in mind its for a kid he wud start skryking if it was tatered lol gr8 to talk again speak soon BEENO out lol

there are no strangers in this world
only friends u havent yet made
Old 03-26-2009, 08:54 AM
BEENO132

hi guys i have seen some crazy videos of nitro rcs with twin exausts made from copper i kinda get the principle of it and it could be quite easy but will it have any effect5 on performance could i get any advice on if you have seen any of this kind of thing