Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

NEWB

Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
NerRepn815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWB

Hey my name is Josh, everyone calls me Ner tho. jsut wanted to get on and say hi, want to see how many people have a traxxas 4tec nitro. i got mine about 2 months ago. really enjoy it! wandering if anyone had anything to say about theirs or any pictures to post. if requested will take a few pics of mine. Have new Venom T10 body on it (truck). I like the new body a lot.
I also have a Micro Street Force. Lil electric car. thinkin bought putting a mamba 25 in that, makin it go fast. its mostly stock as of now, except for a m3 body and painted rims. will post those pics to if requested. ok thanks everyone. hopefully talk soon. cya
Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 AM
kevindouglas3

Default RE: NEWB

which 4-tec do you have i have both the 2.5 and the 3.3 there nice little cars but they need alot of work to keep straight have you done anything to yours? i have on my 3.3 sway bars, hard springs, foam tires on metal rims, new servos and futaba controller, venom 6 cell battery, venom fail safe/temp gauge, i painted the chassis black, and got a s15 body for it overall the car is very nice but i only use here and there not to much.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 PM
NerRepn815

where did you get the metal rims? what kinda are they i guess?? would like to pick some of those up , i keep breaking rims.

Also, tonight- bad night. drove my car into the river. motor full of water. rear servo is good front is questionable. its apart and sitting (air drying) right now. till prolly saturday
Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM
kevindouglas3

that sucks about your 4-tec which one is it though the 2.5 or 3.3? heres the site for metal rims they are just about the same price as the plastics but are a lot nicer adds a little wieght though http://www.rcmart.com/
Old 09-19-2008, 02:20 PM
NerRepn815

its a 3.3. hopefully everything dries out and maybe just replace like the servos and the starter. hopefully!!!! or i might be rebuilding the whole thing!!! haha either way im keeping it
Old 09-21-2008, 04:05 PM
kevindouglas3

hey if your going to rebuild it go with futaba servos and controller and get yourself a roto starter there less wieght and easier to mess with also check for leaks or breaks in any fuel lines or in the tank that could be a problem hey send some pics when you can.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:03 PM
CBM Racing

Dude! Just saw you were from byron! My bro and I race there whenever we can. If you drove into the river, I'm guessing you were at the boat landing. We race just up the road from there off hwy72 at the abandonded med.center. Kaiser dr., then first right in that lot. Small "track", but loads of fun!Park at the end by the dumpster, and use the islands for the track. It will be like a medium length straight, left around island, another left between islands, quick right to straighten out, then left back to straight. Kinda hard to explain, but if you go there, you will see what I mean. I live up in northern wi, so I don't get there very often, but when we can we have a great time there. Bro has a 4tec also, it is having major issues now though. Usually we drive our 1/8 ultra gtps there now, as his 4tec needs some work[:'(]. If ya want I'll pm ya the next time I'm gonna be in the area and we can tear it up some. Sorry about your car/river thing though, sucks. Good luck to ya there!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 AM
NerRepn815

yeah well i took the entire car apart!! sucked pretty bad but had to. there was water in the exhaust, in both the servo boxes, and in all the electrical boxes, in cluding the servo switch box. It all dried up though and it has been running jsut fine!!! bought some slicks, there ok, enjoyed the original tires alot more. also bought venom, and associated rims and premounted tires. DESTROYED them first day i used them (rims SHATTERED!!) so lookin gfor a good, strong, durable tire rim packag!!!!. o and i bought a Tailwhip by Sportwerks. Its a slick lil drifter!!! hit me back
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
oneofakindtrini

for a car like that if you want better gripping tires go with some foams or sumthin. but remember that you cant run foams evrywhere. for regular sufaces like your backyard, street, park (etc.) keep you regular radial on it.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 AM
NerRepn815

yeah i want a tire i can run on the street, with a nice solid rim!!! im always on a flast surface like the road or a brand new parking lot i got so no problem with bumps. just want something that will last longer than a 500ml bottle of gas. IM JUST STRAIGHT LINE DRIVING!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
oneofakindtrini

keep what the 4-tec comes with from factory. those are pretty decent.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 PM
CBM Racing

Go to hobbytown usa in rockford, and get some belted slicks like take off cs 27 or whatever they have in stock. Make sure they are BELTED though! If in nice new lots that are clean and smooth, go with 42 shore 26mm foam front wheels(they are premounted), and 30mm 35 shore rear foam wheels. You will not believe the difference it makes when you NEED to turn or stop in a hurry. I know it happens fast at the speed it goes. Right now my cars are set up more for handling, but I can change to speed runs in no time, hoping to get down there real soon before it gets to cold. Maybe show each other some thrashing spots as I am always looking for more options. Oh yeah, don't wanna jinx ya, but try not to crash before I get down to see what we got.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:31 PM
red4tec

hi, I have a Nitro 4tec 3.3 and it doesn't want to stop after a couple of full throttles. It keeps going on its own and you have to stop it yourself. Are you guys having the same problem?
Old 10-03-2008, 09:31 AM
kevindouglas3

yeah i have had that problem check your servo to see where the slide stops after full throttle then adjust it or just use your controler to do the same thing.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
NerRepn815

where you down in byron last weekend?