Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looking to get into street racing...

I have an Xray XT8 and XB8 now, both are top quality off-road trucks that hardly ever break. I'm looking to get very durable street car for racing locally, on asphalt. We use cones to make the track but for the most part not too technical, track size within 60 ft from end to end.

The local guys have 2 sizes, 1/8 and 1/10.

I have found a lot of 1/10 but I'm more interested in the 1/8 size. I have looked at the Kyosho Inferno GT2's and they look ok. For 1/10 I like the Xray (surprise). I am going to stick with rubber tires.

1. What are the best models for 1/8 street racing cars?
    2. Is the Kyosho Inferno GT and GT2 durable? Any cons??
    3. If I was to consider 1/10 scale, what are some of the best models? I see the CEN has one that is fast, but is it durable? I know Xrays are highly tune able and durable, but any other models to consider?

I try to get high quality kits to minimize repair time, and my buggy and truggy are both the most durable trucks on the track, and I have collided with a 35lbs 1/5 scale more then once. The guys are still waiting for it to break, they have resorted to bashing my truck but that ends up breaking theirs

Since I'm completely new to street RC cars, I just need some direction in what is good vs something that is crap, what should I stay away from?? I have bought crap before and I would rather not go through that again.

I found the sticky thread after I posted, but any new ones to add? What about 1/8 scales? I would be interested in a pro level kit.

Pro level Kits (random order)
    1. HPI R40
    2. Kyosho V-one RRR
    3. Nitro TC3 Factory Team
    4. Mugen MTX4
    5. Ofna CD3 Pro
    6. Serpent

Thanks for any input you have!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: looking to get into street racing...

For 1/8 rally game car the Kyosho is nice but need lot of upgrade to makes it run fast. Try the ofna models as they are really nice and good value. For 1/10 you may consider the Edam which is cheap but will all pro level feature.
    All about R/C ehirobo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Serpent makes a 1/8. I think its a 960 or something like that. Another high level 1/8 is a Kyosho Evolva I think is the car. I've heard good things about the EDAM as well. Can't think of too many other 1/8 scales off the top of my head.
    Of the 1/10 scale cars you listed I'd take the R40 and CD3 off the list. I know the R40 is discontinued and I believe the CD3 is as well. If your looking for an upscale kit go with the NT1, serpent or Kyosho. I've heard good things about the Mugen as well. Its really up to you. 1/10 gives you a few more choices and levels of cars.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go for the 1/10 category you wont regret it. asuming from the inferno you are talking about the rally game category. the most exciting of all categories is the 1/8 lola but its the most expensive of all.
    so i would recomend to you to get an nt1 or the edam, it looks very promising....... also if interested i am selling my team magic g4 which is too a pro level entry car(pm me for more details on that)
    New Season new ride, Xray NT1..... Thanks to the Cyprus Xray Team.... Thank you...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the 1/8 infernos the best. I agree it would cost some to get it to go fast, but are they durable? If I spend the money on modifying it for speed, while it handle is as it? Any weak components?

For racing, I think I should go with 1/10 (most guys have 1/10 locally). I have looked at many brands, thanks to you guys for the info. I think I'm going to go with xray for 1/10 since I can get parts for them easily. For the others, like EDAM, Serpent, Team Magic, I not able to get parts as quickly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You mentioned that you have trouble finding parts for your Team Magic car. Please try us. We have a huge inventory of parts. We also have the EDAM RTR and Kit in stock.

Thanks,

www.wolfhobbies.com
    www.wolfhobbies.com
    Your Source for Everything Team Magic!