Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 AM
GYNAIKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

It's ok but try to use the yellow sway bar especially at front with that kind of setup...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 PM
ferrarimk13

why is that?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:59 PM
GYNAIKAS

anti roll bar...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:32 AM
ferrarimk13

i do have sway bars, and i have it set so it nhas less on power, to matchthe track.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 AM
drift*king

lol 4real even I can see that you have the orange one on the front... So hows it running for you? That header hit your righ rear tire when you turn cuz it looks like its close to hitting it now?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 AM
ferrarimk13

the header in the normal position would rub on the tire , so my lhs owner welded it upwards so it faces downwards but doesnt rub.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 AM
drift*king

You should ask the drag forum if anyone can make you a header that will lay your pipe down and move the header further from that tire it has to heat the tire up.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:47 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

i do have sway bars, and i have it set so it nhas less on power, to matchthe track.
Try using the HPI's yellow ones instead of the orange ones.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
GYNAIKAS

Sorry my mistake...the latest version of HPI's sway bars at medium stiffness changed to red.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
ferrarimk13

lol, are u going to plan on upgrading anything on your car or u like it stock, it looks real clean, and organized, nice
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
GYNAIKAS

basicly I'm not a fan of carbon fiber for reasons that I often mention. I dont use the adjustable turnbuckles (non adjustable are more flexible in a possible crash when bashing and there's no need for adjustments) and the sway bars (I like sliding when I'm bashing and sway bars don't help) when not on track. When on track things change...I also have a set of progressive springs that are way too expensive just for bashing. Also the ported 18ss is more powerful than OS CVR series except from the tz version. The only thing missing: CVDs I like my car look stock...I know what's beneath that and i like watching people questioning themselves...
Old 09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
maoy

Damn, haven't been in here for a while. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the newer, updated version of the Kyosho Inferno GT. If yes, what are the changes done to it? I also wanted to know is it worth it to get the older version and then upgrade the parts to the newer one because I wanted the calsonic Z body not the ferrari?
Old 09-11-2007, 07:12 PM
GYNAIKAS

Well since this is the RS4 thread dont expect many replies. I've not seen the new GT so I can't tell the differences. Try visiting kyosho's homepage i think you may find something there.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
ferrarimk13

i dont think theres any differences, but gynaikas, i understand what you're saying, its cool if u put a stratus body on your car, and perform well, people ask what car it is, since theres no HPI decals, and i say "well what does it perform like?" and leave it at that
Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM
drift*king

Sup guys I just got my new under-body neon kit today took like 5 min to install and looks bad azz. And omg it took so long to find a purple kit no one likes to make purple under car light kit. But thank god for Hong Kong they make every thing lol and the only one I could find was from a comp. named Squat of all names lol but names aside it is a nice clean kit works good and is very bright so I'm happy. I'll post some pics of it as soon as I am done with my new Honda S2000 body I have in the works now..
Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

i dont think theres any differences, but gynaikas, i understand what you're saying, its cool if u put a stratus body on your car, and perform well, people ask what car it is, since theres no HPI decals, and i say "well what does it perform like?" and leave it at that
E X A C T L Y !!!! [8D]

PS: I'd love to see pics from drift*king's project!!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
ferrarimk13

lol, hey drift*king, did you buy the cv-r?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
drift*king

I got the cv-rx yes, I think I will put it on this weekend. Not sure if I'm going to spray it yet I want to see how its going to run first, break it in good first then spray it a few times and see what happens lol
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
mattio79

i just got a used rs4, and it doesn't run
it has good compression, but settings seem to be wacky
i put a new glow plug in it, and fuel, but no dice
Old 09-13-2007, 05:17 AM
GYNAIKAS

Do me a favor. Visit www.hpiracing.com and identify the car and especially the engine you have. Then find the car's manual at the same site and download it. You will find the default needle setting in it. Be sure that the glow plug igniter has enough battery so that the glow plug flashes properly, reset the needles and the car should work fine. Or maybe there's a leak at the silicon tubes (usualy the fuel line) and fuel never reaches the carb...give it a check. If still nothing happens open the engine and check for cracks on the crankshaft. Even a small piece of dust stuck to the carb's fuel intake may have caused this. Try them out and if it still denies to fire up we'll figure out other scenarios.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
gladcow

I have a question for anyone who remembers what their rs4 evo was like stock. I've noticed excessive wear on the inner edge of my tires. I was expecting some because there was probably more than less negative camber with the stock suspension setup but this is severe. I first blamed it on the placement of the body because i noticed black marks on the wheel wells on the under side of the body (especially in the rear where it was worse) so i raised the body up assuming that the spoiler was pressing the body down on the tires at high speeds. I dont want to waste a new set of tires to determine if that is the case, so has anyone had problems with excessive tire wear on the inside edge? especially on the rear ones to the point where the treads look almost new on the outside but bald on the inside?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 PM
GYNAIKAS

Have you changed the suspension mounting positions? If yes then camber should be readjusted. I can't think of anything else wrong since I own an 18ss and none of my familiar EVO owners has ever experienced such a problem...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
ferrarimk13

why not cut the wells a little more.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 PM
gladcow

No i haven't adjusted the suspension settings. and the thing is that it isnt rubbing where the body was originally cut. here i tried to get some pictures up so you guys can see what im talking about. There is a groove near the edge of the tire, and the guy at my lhs told me (without seeing it) that the groove is normal because of the amount of negative camber the stock setup has. so what it really comes down to is trying to figure out if i need to adjust my setting before i prematurely wear out another set of tires.

P.S. The more i try to word my problem the more im more than willing to bet that the body was pressing down on the wheels. especially cause the situation is normal for the front wheels. but i still want to make sure no one had to adjust settings because of an issue like this.

P.P.S Sorry if this last extra question is in the wrong place but ive been curious about those rechargeable receiver batteries. I noticed there are some 5-pack and 4-pack ones. (6 volt and 4.8 volt respectively) Is the only option for rechargeables the 4.8 volt pack? It doesnt seem like there is any normal way of mounting the five pack. so does everyone normally use alkaline batteries, so they can get the higher performance out of their servos with the 6 volts?
*EDIT* what confuses me is when i see something like this that says its compatible with the nitro 3 series [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFJT2&P=7]HPI 5-cell Rx stick pack[/link] so hopefully someone can set me straight
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89010.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	762600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49882.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	762601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm22803.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	762602  
Old 09-14-2007, 02:48 AM
GYNAIKAS

The problem is only at the right tyre or at the left too? Look what happens is that while up and down the arm makes the tyre touch the body and the wheel's torgue forces lexan to bend. Check the picture below. (1) is normal to happen and is caused from the outer tyre side that is not harmed. (2) is the area that bends in and like a blade damages your tyre. try cutting 2mm more of it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63851.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	762639  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.