Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
SLiM Evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Here's my Evo..

All I did so far was front CVD's I didn't get to the rear.. I tried to put the engine in myself.. But I was having trouble with the fit.. I didn't have the tools to grind the pull start holder.. So when you see the pictures.. My pull start holder was actually shaved off earlier.. I couldn't complain my Hobby Shop did it for 10 Bucks.. The Next Upgrade Is The Red Gears..

Anybody ever heard of these? I have a order in.. Supposed to give you mad speed.. Out Of A O.S. CVR 18

Here:
http://www.hpiracing.com/parts/en/10053.html

Might of fact what is the Right Running Temperature for the CVR?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11285.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	784456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11233.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	784457  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 AM
maoy

Hey, does anybody know if this exhaust will give any performance?
URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hpi-rs4-3-ss-Evo...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, will it fit my rs4 evo because my rear body mount posts seem like they are two low. I don't have the long post as shown in the picture.
I'm sold on the looks though.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 AM
magnus213

SLiM Evo: When I was using Blue Thunder Race fuel, I could not tune my CV-R to anything over 195 degrees or so. That was at maximum performance as well, full plume of smoke at high speed, etc. However, when I switched to a different fuel (shop didn't have Blue Thunder) my temperatures spiked to 240+, which was very annoying, and I had to retune. The optimal running range is somewhere in the lower to mid 200s.

maoy: I'd stay away from that exhaust. Tuned pipes are shaped to help produce sufficient backpressure for the motor, and that thing, in addition to being absolutely hideous, doesn't seem to serve that function in any way.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: maoy

Hey, does anybody know if this exhaust will give any performance?
URL:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hpi-rs4-3-ss-Evo...QQcmdZViewItem

Also, will it fit my rs4 evo because my rear body mount posts seem like they are two low. I don't have the long post as shown in the picture.
I'm sold on the looks though.
Not only it wont give any performance but it's gonna be much worse!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 AM
SLiM Evo

Thanks magnus213
Old 10-17-2007, 10:49 AM
maoy

Thanx for the help. I've seen the Tsais rear exit exhaust and I wanted one but it's too costly. That's why I decided to check this one out. I don't want side exhaust anymore because it's too messy. After every run, there's like a thick layer of grease on the side of my rs4. Let me know if there's any rear exhaust for a cheap price.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
GYNAIKAS

Rear exhaust ruins the engine's high end and acceleration too! Don't go for it you'll regret paying for such a system! If you don't want your car to get "messy" from oil, then put a rubber tube at the pipe's output. If problem remains then your problem is not from the pipe!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
ferrarimk13

yeah, and its super hard to fit right on the body.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
GYNAIKAS

Not to mention the great weight increase! And the weight balance disturbance...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
8man

Not to be a pain... I use the Tsais rear exhaust on my car. I like it. My engine is an HPI 12r sc Evo.II. It screams with this setup.
The oil not going everywhere makes clean-up a snap. There is hardly any to do. It has a good tone to it as well. I am not a racer, and for that this setup MAY be terrible??? For me making runs in parking lots, and on this street, I couldn't be happier. Feel free to make your own decisions, I just wanted you to have the other side.

I thought it was too expensive too. I bit the bullet and gave it a try. I am glad that I did.
My opinion, that's all.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: 8man

Not to be a pain... I use the Tsais rear exhaust on my car. I like it. My engine is an HPI 12r sc Evo.II. It screams with this setup.
The oil not going everywhere makes clean-up a snap. There is hardly any to do. It has a good tone to it as well. I am not a racer, and for that this setup MAY be terrible??? For me making runs in parking lots, and on this street, I couldn't be happier. Feel free to make your own decisions, I just wanted you to have the other side.

I thought it was too expensive too. I bit the bullet and gave it a try. I am glad that I did.
My opinion, that's all.
Man you're right...maybe we are thinking more as racers than hobbyests...for parking lot running the best is not the fastest but what makes you happy. So yeap I like your point of view...! I should calm down a bit from the "run faster laps" mania...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
ferrarimk13

yeah, i agree, maybe thats why i bought the vantage pipe, not the best performing, pipe, but surely the prettiest, lol
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
jackee

this is the RS4 3 EVO+ i got and i just cleaned everything and just took a pic of it and show it on this thread =]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 PM
ferrarimk13

very nice! those are 2 different bodies right? and what blue fuel is that in the picture?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
tylert6785

Im going to be buying an rs4 evo in a couple weeks off a friend, its in almost new condition... is $250 too much for it? He is including everything that'd come with it brand new... also, what hop ups do you all suggest? This will be my first on-road car...
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
ferrarimk13

well you can buy it new for 320 or so, so i guess its not too bad of a deal, i recommend immediately new exhaust pipe, and new tires, foams are the best for traction
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
GYNAIKAS

Definately new tyres!!! Stock RS4 tyres are designed for endurance so their grip is awful! $250 is a good price for an EVO in good condition.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
tylert6785

which tires do you suggest? I heard foams are best for grip but is there a certain brand i should look into?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 AM
GYNAIKAS

Any brand will do the job file...get hard foams cause evo doesn't have the 18ss heavy duty parts to handle the stress. Get #40, should be fine. Don't get the 30mm ones get 24mm wide front and 26mm wide rear. When you upgrade to heavy duty go for #30 24mm front and 30mm rear.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:21 PM
nickrage

K i have a couple things

Racing tires on parking lot.. Just did 3 tanks on my "new arrows racing tires " there rubber slicks at first i was like a drifting car but now major grip..

I have the ss kit and am wondering how to get my initial throttle to get up and go.. right now very good top speed . may be running a bit hot but.. The take off is still not great.. I have given my low needle almost a half turn every time gradual and still want some more punch at the start anything as far as help woudl be great ..

In case you missed it here is my ride

http://www3.telus.net/public/jay_sam...ture%20018.jpg
Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 PM
jackee

the fuel is blue thunder 20% sport formula pretty good i like it the x-pattern tires i have they are really gripy they stick to the floor really good
Old 10-19-2007, 10:16 PM
maoy

Hey, how are the hpi sway bars? Do they really help stabilize your car while turning?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:59 AM
magnus213

I had quite an experience with my Evo yesterday...

I hadn't run the car in a while and I was starting with a new fuel (Blue Thunder sport, I used to have the race stuff and loved it), the needle settings weren't too exquisite but the car started with a little love and tenderness and everything was pretty good for having been stored. The parking lot I found is terrific, freshly-paved and without a single marking or curb. On one side is the street and on the other a chain fence. I was running without the body since I was tuning and warming the car up, and my failsafe was tucked atop my radio tray pretty securely (so I thought). While nicely-paved, the parking lot wasn't quite free of debris. I made a large, sweeping u-turn at about 25-30 mph when my car suddenly revved to full throttle, completely out of my control, into the fence. My OS .18 revved insanely high for the 10 seconds or so it took me to reach the car and kill it.

Now, I was completely baffled when this occurred because this is the kind of thing I bought the failsafe in order to avoid. Turns out, the lead from the failsafe to my throttle servo snagged on debris and disconnected, planting the car at full throttle and leading to the rather traumatic collision. Luckily my steering knuckles only popped out, and I took the temperature of the motor as soon as I stopped it (expecting something horrendous) and it only read about 230 F. I guess it was a combination of the richness of my needles and the low running temperature I've experienced with Blue Thunder that saved my motor.

I ran for a little bit after that (motor was fine) after a complete cooldown and motor look-over until it got dark. The sound of my car revving to 10 billion RPM haunts me, though...

In more upbeat news, my CF upper deck got here tonight so I'm installing it as we speak... I'll get those wires safely tucked away!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:32 AM
mattayl

hey guys i just ordered my hpi rs4 3 18ss+ what fuels and glow starter and stuffdo i need before i start breakin her in also i am tossin up between gettin the mx3 and the xs3 radio what do u think is better? so yeah any other suggestions for parts to get as i have a spare 50$ left over for minimal upgrades and yeh whats ur overall oppinion on the car?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 AM
jackee

damnn sorry to hear that but get them wires tuck nice haha, yeah i have blue thunder too! but then now im trying o' donnell high performance racing fuel , but im thinking after this bottle im going to just stick with blue thunder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.