Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Car-Tune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

where you get it from? what the part number? can you send me a link
Old 12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
*AT*Transmissions

ORIGINAL: RCN2ZST

Hey! i found this tread and is great. Well just posting a pick of the "ofna mod" i did on my brother's RS4 servo, the original servo saver keept geting stuck so i had it, got the parts and works like a charm.
Hey, I got about the same mod:

[link]http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/8180/hpirs4evo3alu06ac3.jpg[/link]
[link]http://[/link]

Works perfect, the stock servo-saver suks #ss, lol....

I got it as a linkageset from a guy here in the Netherlands. He makes them for lots of drivers here.
If you want, i could provide you with his adress etc.
Maybe there are more people interested, make it a group buy!!!!
The shipping etc. would not cost that much that way. I payed €17,50 i.e. about $25,- for the set.
Is available in different colors.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
RCN2ZST

I got all the parts locally in "Sunny C" (Souther California) here is the part numbers

they are all Ofna parts. i had it in my savage for a while and i found out it works withe the RS4 too.

if you mess with the last number it will be a diferent color. example: if you change the number 10725 to 10724 the parts will be in blue. same for all part numbers in the list
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94074.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1082304  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:07 PM
phoenex1

Hey GuysStill messing around with this RS4-2 I have an OS .15CV engine for it but, I'm having trouble finding the correct motor mounts that will fit the RS4-2 chassis. If anyone has any information I would certainly appreciate the help.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:37 AM
maoy

phoenex1, I thought the rs4 2 and the rs4 3 shared the same engine mount. Correct me if I'm wrong. As I can remember, the engine mount below was used for the super nitro rs4. I believe all rs4's share the same engine mount. Try your current engine mount from your nitro rs4 3 on it. If that works, then the mounts are universal.

P#A863
Old 12-06-2008, 08:35 AM
phoenex1

ThanksI will check
Old 12-06-2008, 09:19 AM
mkoresh12

ORIGINAL: maoy

mkoresh12, I believe all sg shaft engines come with slide carb (correct me if I'm wrong, that is what I have seen from my experience). You will have to purchase an ofna slide carb linkage kit or some other slide carb linkage kit. You will also have to buy a clutch nut (substitute for pilot shaft). Everything else should be the same. When I mounted my OS .18tz engine SG shaft version, the engine seemed to push my gears forward and the pinion gears would not connect properly with my transmission. I ended up going single speed. Not sure if it is the same for all sg shaft engines. You should contact nitrohouse.com and get an adjustable engine mount for the ofna cd3 or ld3. It will allow you to drop in almost any engine and move the engine forward and backward. That should be about it.
This is what I found trying to mount an SG shaft engine to the RS4. The shaft is slightly short for using the rear mount holes. The front holes would probably work, however, the slide carb will hit the disk brake. The stock flywheel would not fit either. I could shim and use the rear mounts, however, to push the clutch bell far enough forward you can only get 1-2 threads on the clutch nut. I'll see about getting that adjustable engine mount. The only other solution I see is changing the carb to a rotory. Do you have a part # for that mount? Is it an OFNA part or a custom part?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 PM
maoy

mkoresh12, I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that all sg shaft flywheels will fit on standard shaft but not vice versa. I encountered the same problem as you did in regards to pushing the engine forward. Just get the ofna adjustable mount. The mount is the stock engine mount on the nitro cd3. Look at the link that I have below. Look closely at the picture of the ofna cd3 and you will see the adjustable engine mount. The mount is only $10. It should work because a guy on another forum used the same mount to drop in sg shaft engines.

Ofna P#38150, get it from nitrohouse.com
Old 12-06-2008, 02:12 PM
mkoresh12

No problem, you've been a great help. What flywheel do you recommend? The new engine by the way is a diablo .15
Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 PM
joeyhatch11

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with my Nitro Star.15. It could be dead at this point but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys thought. I noticed today that when I go to prime with motor, the fuel doesn't move in the tube toward to carb. What would make it do that? I hook the rotor start up and the motor turns but the fuel stays put. I have to take the line off the exhaust and blow into it to get it to the carb. Even holding my finger over the exhaust hole doesn't work. What gives? Do I have a bad seal somewhere? I took the motor off, sprayed it down with break cleaner and stood it next to the car, where I hook the hoses back up and tried priming it again, but with no luck. Thanks for the info, Joe
Old 12-06-2008, 03:56 PM
gladcow

an sg crankshaft for a small block or big block are identicle. any flywheel for a .21 engine should work. This one from hpi for a savage will work, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDLF7&P=SM

Old 12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
gladcow

check to see if all your fuel lines are ok. the way the fuel line is routed with the stock fuel tank places it dangerously close to the gears and a break in you fuel line means no fuel to the engine. but you say you can get the fuel to the engine if you blow on the fuel line? hmm nevermind that thoght then. once you pressurize the system are you able to get the engine started and does it run ok?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
maoy

gladcow, that is true. I use flywheels from big block engines for my small block in the past.
mkoresh12, get any big block flywheel from your LHS. By the way, the diablo .15 is a good motor. It runs consistently and revs very high. I ran 2 diablo .15s in the past and they are very good from my experience. The power of the .15 will not compare to the Diablo .18 at all. If you get a chance to get a diablo .18, you will see the huge difference in power. They are very easy to tune and will hold a very good tune. The diablo .15 and .18 are very similar to fantom fr15 and fr18. They are both manufactured in Taiwan by Golden Lion. Same with some of the old Orion .15s and .18s.

joeyhatch11, it seems like you have something blocking the carb Either that or it must be an air leak. I would say check to see if there is any leak on your fuel tank. Then, trace your fuel lines. After that, also check your fuel filter if you have any. You can also take the needle value out of your motor and clean it. If you don't want to do that, you can sell the motor on ebay and get a Diablo .15 engine from Stormerhobbies.com for $39.99. Cost just a little more than buying a new carb for your .15 engine but it is worth it. Decent power and top end.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:34 PM
joeyhatch11

Once I get fuel to the engine after blowing in the top hose on the tank, it doesn't start. I think the motor is dead. It's had a hard life hahahaha but if you guys say I can get a Diablo for $40 I'm in. Thanks for the help. Joe
Old 12-06-2008, 04:43 PM
joeyhatch11

What end bell do I need for the Peak Racing Diablo? Do they have one that's a direct drop in? So I don't have to buy anything else? I know i can get another Nitro Star on Ebay for $59.99, I'll probably just go for that.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM
maoy

joeyhatch11, sorry but they don't have the direct drop-in version with pullstart anymore. If you already have a starter box, get the version with a standard shaft and side exhaust. It is a non-pullstart so you will have to get an engine mount that will lower the engine. Should work with everything else that you have. You will also have to get a lower engine mount. I guess you are better off just getting the t-15. If you still want the diablo, look at the link below. Tell me which one you want and I can give you some instructions and what parts you need to drop it in.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:31 PM
maoy

Forgot the link, ID10T error.

URL:
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/pdf/Engine3.pdf
Old 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM
joeyhatch11

I'm looking at the PEK6033 with pull start. Need to know what else I need. Will the end bell and clutch shoe that I have now fit on this?
Old 12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
maoy

For the PEK6033 version, you will need the following:

1) flywheel that will fit an sg shaft. Get a big block engine flywheel like a sportwerks flywheel. Depending on the flywheel, you might have to use 3 piece clutch shoe instead. For sportwerks, you will have to get a 3 piece clutch shoe. It is nice to get a new set of clutch shoes for a new engine. You can use the old ones to break in the engine, but use the new ones for better grip.
2) clutchnut (Look on ebay, you can find deals like a combo on flywheel, clutch nut, and clutch shoes $20 or so).
url:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-8-RC-Truck-Car...ayphotohosting
3) ofna clutch bell kit (P#10099) - used for shimming and fitting the engine on.
4) Use your current slide carb linkage kit.
5) Your current clutch bell will drop right in. Use the shims in the ofna clutch bell kit to help eliminate gaps. Make sure your clutch bell can still move freely.

I think that should be it. Hope you have fun.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
maoy

Also, get this engine mount. It will allow you to slide your car engine back and forth. SG shaft engines will not line up as your regular engine did. Good luck.

Ofna P#38150, get it from nitrohouse.com
Old 12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
venom69_420

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem with my Nitro Star.15. It could be dead at this point but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys thought. I noticed today that when I go to prime with motor, the fuel doesn't move in the tube toward to carb. What would make it do that? I hook the rotor start up and the motor turns but the fuel stays put. I have to take the line off the exhaust and blow into it to get it to the carb. Even holding my finger over the exhaust hole doesn't work. What gives? Do I have a bad seal somewhere? I took the motor off, sprayed it down with break cleaner and stood it next to the car, where I hook the hoses back up and tried priming it again, but with no luck. Thanks for the info, Joe
i had this problem with my revo, i took the carb off blew it out and it ran perfect. musta had a chunk of crap in it. hope that helps
Old 12-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Jeremy123
My Feedback: (3)

Hey every body.
Just for kicks i orderd a rs4 drift and a rb innovations supercharger.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
*AT*Transmissions

ORIGINAL: Jeremy123

Hey every body.
Just for kicks i orderd a rs4 drift and a rb innovations supercharger.
What would the supercharger bring you? I think it's pure waste of money...
Old 12-11-2008, 11:03 AM
joeyhatch11

i took the carb off and apart, blew everything out and re-installed everything. Still nothing. At this point I believe the motor is dead. It's about time for a new one anyway. This motor has about 6 gallons through it, plus it's also had a hard life hahahaha But thanks guys. Joe
Old 12-11-2008, 11:50 AM
k20_94_dc
My Feedback: (2)

Heys guys can anyone on here calculat the top speed of my rs4 for me. If someone can help just let me know what info u need thaks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.