Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:22 AM
SerpentCT4S
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Bigeye and Manic.......thanks for the compliments!

I started off with a 2 car garage, but got another chassis so I built and 2 car garage for it. I also built a rack for rims, a table and a lift.

Here are some pics of my garage.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 AM
FastRS4s
My Feedback: (2)

Wow serpent....pretty nice...real nice painted bodies!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
nickwillyhams

I'd like to know if poss?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
nickwillyhams

Ahh I see you posted :-/
Old 05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
FastRS4s

Would anyone have any spare wolfpack serpent foam 1/8 scale adapters laying around. I would like to see one along with the wheel so i can draw it in autocad and give to my machinist so i can start making them. From reading around the internet i found that wolfpack doesn't have anymore parts and isn't making them.....i will pay shipping both ways..let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out...?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 AM
Fuel Crazy

cant help ya on the parts...but id be interested in the wolfpack 1/8 conversion pieces if you do get to make them and will sell them.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 AM
FastRS4s

Actually, i think i am just going to buy some serpent wheels, and just make my own from scratch. I kinda have an idea on what i wanna do....probably the same as the wolfpack design....i don't know cause i've never saw them....

I'll let everyone know when i get too them..

Tom
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andyjk,is that Evo body on the electric RS4? that thing looks awesome but I can't find any pics of it other than your avatar...do you have a link to any bigger ones?

I've been polishing up the HG wheels with the Dremel and some Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish and they're coming along slow but looking great. I plan to order my fuel Friday when I get paid since it's apparently absurd for them to carry 30% at the hobby shop,haha.All I'll need then are a glow plug ignitor,the charger for the 6 cell receiver pack I got a week or two ago,and some AA's for the radio and it'll be time to break in the engine!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM
trellis

New body that just came in and finished painting.

HPI E92 M3

Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM
waynaldo

i have not long brought the nitro RS4 RTR3 Evo +

i have broken it in etc got thru a litre and half of fuel,
i have tried to lean it off a little as its running rich but everything i do that it stalls and wont start
till i turn the settings back,

i have also tried to tuning the idle screw as its idling to loud,
but then again it stalls. what can i do to help lean it out and stop
it idling very loud compared to a friends
Old 05-16-2011, 11:11 AM
FastRS4s

Try to turn the low speed screw on the carb counter clockwise about 1/8 of a turn....if you are hearing the motor rev up and die

If the motor is just plain out shutting down, try turning it clockwise a 1/8 turn.

What type on motor do you have. If anything,  i would return it to factory specs.

Also, make sure the clutch bell is spinning freely when off... if something isn't right it could affect the running motor when you apply gas.

If you have the t 3.0 liek i do, i have to tune the damn thing with any type of weather change....but thats more high speed needle tuning...

Tom
Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
waynaldo

ORIGINAL: FastRS4s

Try to turn the low speed screw on the carb counter clockwise about 1/8 of a turn....if you are hearing the motor rev up and die

If the motor is just plain out shutting down, try turning it clockwise a1/8turn.

What type on motor do you have. If anything, i would return it to factory specs.

Also, make sure the clutch bell is spinning freely when off... if something isn't right it could affect the running motor when you apply gas.

If you have the t 3.0 liek i do, i have to tune the damn thing with any type of weather change....but thats more high speed needle tuning...

Tom

Thanks for your reply matey,

Yes i also have the T3.0 engine, i have tried tuning it back to factory setting, but for some reason its not runing quite like the
first time.. my friends cars grey needle is almost all the way in yet if i turn mine in from flush it just stalls or stalls at full throttle
Old 05-16-2011, 12:59 PM
FastRS4s

You might have a air leak in the engine somewhere..

Check out this VERY useful read..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7340806

Read all the tips...they will instruct you how to check for air leaks in the engine...if you have any, that would cause your motor to not to have a proper tune.

Hope this helps!

Tom
Old 05-16-2011, 01:47 PM
SerpentCT4S

trellis........nice M3. I just picked up a clear one at my shop today!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
trellis

thanks.... what color are you going to paint it? I didn't know what color to paint mine so Ijust went with white like HPIdid on their website....I really like this body and i'm not sure if i want to use it now LOL ... be sure to post up yours when its done .
Old 05-17-2011, 06:06 AM
ntrain42

Hey folks, I've had an RS4 3 EVO sitting on the shelf now brand new and untouched for about a year. WIth most of my other projects done I decided I want to hop her up, but would like a bit of help from the folks with experience on this nitro roller. I decided this spring/summer Id take her out and start using her. This is my first nitro on road touring car so I was hoping I could get some help with the available hop ups.

So far all I have are some aluminum GPM A-arms(Yes I know aluminum bends, but this roller won't have issues with walls or curbs where it will be run)and will probably be getting some aluminum hubs and steering knuckles as well if they are available as well. My thinking is it will add a bit of weight down low and lower the CG just a bit.

Hop ups already on hand as well include Hitec HV 7954 steering servo and a HV 7940 throttle servo as well, along with a SPektrum SR3300T Telemetry reciever(Im using a Lipo RX pack)to monitor voltage and engine temps.

Engine hop up I believe I have picked out the O.S. 18TZ T nitro mill with the slide carb?(They make a rotary carb as well?)I believe this is the correct one. Its a rear exhaust engine so I believe I need HPI's optional header to fit correct?

Also will the HPI rotostarter work with this engine still and bolt up to it?

Other planned hop ups include HPI's aluminum shock set and their titanium turnbuckle upper arm set.

Any opinions or suggestions with the above so far?

Also I see HPI has an upgraded aluminum chassis,a bunch of CF parts(top deck,shock towers etc), suggestions on these?

Last, the drivetrain. HPI also has a 1 way diff available(worth it?)and some other drivetrain parts. This is where I want to make the RS4 as durable and rugged as possible, but I could use a helping hand here on what to grab.

Any help, suggestions, links etc appreciated. This RS4 won't ever be raced unfortunately(no tracks local to run nitro onroad ), but I would like to get the full potential out of this roller while I wait for my AE TC3 FT to get back in stock.

This thread is massive, so I dont have the time currently to weed through all the posts as its a hectic 2 week period at work for me, so I was hoping a few of the experts here could quickly chime in on my project so I can easily just order in all the parts so I have em by the 27th when I go on vacation.

The ultimate goal is a vehicle that can do an HONEST 65-70mph and still handlewell on 30% O Donnell's Speed Blend.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:43 AM
FastRS4s

Well hello!

So, your wanting 65-70mph eh?

Well, currently, heres my set up on my rs4 evo...

Stock everything mostly..lol...i upgraded the servos,,,,looks like you did too...thats a check..

If you put on the os 18tz, 70+ is acheivable.. Cause with mine clocked at 63 mph with a slighty port and polished t3.0 motor that came with the car.

The only other upgrade i did, is change the spur and pinions to a 41-45 spur and a 19-23 pinon. (just changing those gears will boost you up 5-10mph)

Just with changing the gears and to the tz motor, you should push about 69mph....

now if you steped up to a 39-43 spur gears you could be at about 72 mph.

And if really wanna go fast...put a 1/8 serpent foam tire conversion on there (good luck finding adapters...) you could be pushing 80mph.

So...we have:
-Motor - os .18tz
-Trans: 41-45 spur , 19-23 pinion
-You need to put some foam tires on there...atleast 1/10 scale ones.makes a huge handling difference.
-a decent body that will keep you on the ground.
- A thicker chassis so you don't chew up gears (2.5mm plus...i geuss some put two together to make one...but you can find 4mm thick ones easily.)

I hope this helps you out a little bit....i havn't put any money towards suspension peices just yet, cause it handles just fine at 63 mph...perfectly straight..

I've been looking at a big block conversion though...we will see...

Good luck...post some pics!

Tom

Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 AM
ntrain42

OK, well the HPI "Superchassis" upgrade is 3mm I believe, and Ill be doing HPI's CF top plate and shock towers. Also HPI makes a carbon F/R gearbox set as well. Ill do those too. So what about beefing up the drivetrain? Like CVD's? Center shafts? Outdrive cups etc?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Car-Tune

The one way is worthless, you can only use the stock aluminum front diff gearing.

Ive been waiting for my 37 spur gear to hit higher speeds but they are still out of stock but on pre-order.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Car-Tune

I tried uploading pics of my car but I cant cus Im at work. you can look at it from my file or send me a PM and I will email them to you. I think I have a perfectly built rs4 with an os 18tz.

Look and let me know what you guys think
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 AM
FastRS4s

Hey car boy, have you put in the different gears in the front and rear diffs? i know you can get a 13t and 38t insted of the stock 14t and 37t....whats the benefit of putting these other gears in? anymore top speed?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Car-Tune

Yes, more speed. And they are steel.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 AM
FastRS4s

Does this change the " Internal" gear ratio changing that? and what is the internal gear ratio for the HPI RS4 Evo +3? 2.1?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Car-Tune

It does change but don't know what it changes to.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Odyssey Dawn

I read from a thread that was posted back in '06 that the OS .18 CV-RX is a good engine to swap from the stock engine of the RS4 3 if you want some more power but not overpowered. Do they still make that engine or is there another one out that is similar to that one and provides about the same benefits?

I have an RS4 3 EVO+. Everything's stock.

Oh, and what's a good cylinder head for the stock engine? Or a brand of cylinder head that's good at ventilating heat in general?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.