Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 237 of 251 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 6264

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Nice site. I don't think 4 disk breaks is necessary. Maybe 2 is good. My savage uses 2 disk breaks and it's more than enough.

The turnbuckles added to the front is to reduce the wobble the control arms can't maintain stiff.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know where i can get a set of nice wheels and tires preglued that will fit my rs4 3 evo? Also a place to get a exhaust gasket made of metal?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pity about no metal gaskets... a nice soft copper one would make a great header gasket.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a gasket shop down the street from my shop I should stop in and see how much to make a copper one. Would you guys but them if the price is right?
    Youtube Id Jackedman23 Check it out
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I couldn't use it. I have a rear header and uses rubber coupling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would be interested if they could do a couple to fit the OS 18CV-R engine, its side exhaust style.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im thinking about foam tires though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the CV-r like the hpi 18 gasket? And what kind are you looking for
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far as I know, the OS 18cv-r and the HPI motor have the same exhaust gasket.

Maybe car or rx7 can say for sure if they have had both engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just making sure. also whats best for the gasket are you looking for
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I dunno i think i have an exhaust leak thats why i asked. My gasket looks like crap now so i want something thicker and stronger. The stock one seems like its made out of paper lol..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have a leak you'll have to use engine sealant for real card engines. You can buy at an auto shop.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok ill see what i can do
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, my RS4 3 "bling edition" arrived in the mail today. No damage from shipping.

The only plastic parts on it from the original RS4 is the lower front bumper support.

I'm trying to ID all the parts used on it, so far I see a ton of GPM aluminum, some Integy bits, the purple aluminum servo case tops are by Aggressive Technologies, the OS 18CV-RX has a roto start backplate from Tiger Drive. The aluminum battery box is from a T-maxx, I'll probably remove it, I don't really care for it.

So far, mystery parts are the cooling head for the engine, the shocks, the metal wheels, the clutch gears, and the all metal turnbuckles.

There are pictures of the car on my personal gallery, click my name to the left to see them. If anybody can ID the mystery parts, I would appreciate it.

As far as I can tell, the car has never been run or used since being rebuilt with all the metal parts. The only scratched up part on the whole car is the lower front bumper support. I'm not sure if the engine is new or not, it might be, its super clean, and no discoloration at any of the gaskets, the clutch bell is also not discolored at all, so could be unused.

Problems I can see with the car is the metal turnbuckles, I think for safety I need to replace a few of them with plastic, want to replace the gas tank with a racing type with no primer button since they leak. The throttle/brake linkage is bad, its the original HPI one, and doesn't fit the slide carb on the engine correctly, its also missing the spring for the brake lever. The tires are not glued to the wheels, and I don't even know if I can glue rubber tires to metal wheels. The motor mount brackets seem a little small, they are the correct ones for OSengines, but I would rather have some reinforced ones. The tuned pipe is also rubbing against the gas tank mount, so need to take care of that too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol, I have to completely take the car apart and put it back together, almost all of the screws were only finger tight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

old time rcer I think the head is from new era models i think. And wow thats a lot of purple bling
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Taking the car apart for wipe down and to retighten all the screws, I found some problems.

The transmission is binding, when its assembled, and mounted, the first gear won't turn smoothly when released, the aluminum trans brackets are squeezing the gear assembly a bit. All the aluminum parts for it look fine, but I think I see the problem. The 2 ball bearings for the 2speed trans, are not the same thickness. One is a hair thicker than the other, maybe thats the problem? If so, then I need to find the correct bearings to replace them in the transmission.

Also, on the brake, when I tighten the 2 mount screws that hold the brake pads on, they bind against the disk. Its as if the disk is too thick. The disk looks to be the stock plastic one that came with the car. I'm thinking I need to get a thinner brake disk. Seem to be a problem with the brake pad spacers, like they are a bit too short.

I'm disappointed in the blingy purple exhaust manifold thats fitted. Looking inside, its not a header with a smooth transition for the exhaust to meet the pipe. It has a rectangle passage machined that connects to a simple drilled round hole leading to the outlet. This is fine for a muffler setup, but there is no way a tuned pipe can work properly, the pressure waves from the pipe have no smooth route back to the engine. The pressure waves would come out of the tuned muffler, back to the manifold, and hit the dead end at the bottom of the drilled round hole, then have to blow sideways back upwards to the engine. Very bad design.. This should only be sold as a simple muffler manifold. I'm considering getting the Tsais rear mounted tuned pipe, I know its not as fast a say, the THS standard pipe styles, but I like the exhaust blowing out the back and not on the tires.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Found some sloppy assembly on the car when looking at the front and rear suspension.

The all metal turnbuckles are attached with larger than normal screws to the suspension, so whoever built the car drilled out the screw holes in the aluminum to make them fit. Have to decide if I will keep the metal turnbuckles, or go back to plastic ones. If I go back to plastic, I have to replace the shock towers front and rear, the metal steering linkage, the front wheel hubs, and all four wheel knuckles. Every part thats connected to a turnbuckle has had its screw holes drilled larger, so to me, its damaged..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow. that sounds like its going to cost alot too
    RUN HER TILL SHE BLOWS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, after pulling the suspension completely apart because all four lower arms were upside down, I discovered that I really don't like the shocks the car has. They are so cheap, the ball joints on them have a lot of play. I also found that one of the front dogbones was chewed up a bit, must have poped out during a run. Think I'll upgrade the car to CVD shafts all around. Also noticed the front differential is very tight, maybe it just has thick oil, but could be it needs new gears. I don't know if they are the heavy duty gears or the normal ones.

Dispite all these small problems, I'm still glad I got the car, they are all simple to fix.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If i get cvd shafts will they still pop out? Or are the cvd shafts one piece and thats why they make em?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ordered new parts for my RS4 to repair all the damaged bits.
    I also ordered a set of all 6 CVD shafts. I think the CVD shafts will really help with popping out, since only one end can move, instead of both ends.

The damn parts to fix all the damage cost a lot, 200 dollars. Thats replacing all the damaged metal parts, new brake setup, new normal turnbuckles, and the full CVD setup.

I still might get a racing gas tank, some high quality servo's, and I might go back to the HPI plastic radio tray setup. I don't like the battery, and receiver being exposed when using the aluminum top rack.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You don't need to do that. Everything is fixable. I didn't read through the entire list of issues but the few I did read can be easily fixed.

Tell me one of the issues and I will help you fix one by one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Further adventures with my all metal RS4 today.

I decided to upgrade all the screws on the car to nice allen head cap screws and countersink screws. There is a fastener specialty store near my house, so its very easy to get the size of screws the RS4 uses. While removing screws to replace them, I discovered the previous owner actually put red locktite on a few of them. OMG, don't ever do that, they were so stuck, they ripped the threads out of the aluminum, and another one just stripped out the screw head totally. Now I need to replace another damn aluminum part, the rear body mount bracket. When I'm done I'll have enough spare aluminum parts for about 80% of another car... lol.

Its a pity these all aluminum turnbuckles aren't better quality, I would like to keep them. But, they aren't very good, the ball joints on them have noticeable play, and I hate loose suspension parts.