Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC On Road Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Community
Search
Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:22 PM
garynjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RS4 RTR 3 thread!!!!!!!Also type SS and others

ORIGINAL: ryuhito

No Fantom yet, I have to sell that 12SS first. Put the T-15 in my RS4-3 with the single-speed and swapped my pullstart over from the 15FE. If jury duty gets over quickly tomorrow (blah) I can test it. The CV-RX and Evo are in the shop, had problems break ing in. Going to get some dremel attachments tomorrow for porting the header and drilling new holes to realign the pipe. Any suggestions for which to drill, the header or the pipe? Also, just laid flexible primer on a new Silvia body.

As for the Nitrosta r, I know how you feel. You are leaking fuel from the shaft? Even I haven't had that problem yet. Good luck solving your 40 mph dilemma, I can't offer much advice, I haven't actually driven in so long...haha

êl
LOL... Yeah, I think that's where it is coming from... That means my seals are bad I think. I wonder if it had something to do with the new fly wheel? Although, I still have to run it again to make sure it is leaking. It could have come from when I pulled off the fule line for a second. Not likely though...
Funny you should ask about drilling the holes!! I thought of asking you the same question... LOL... Honestly, I think the pipe side would be easier. That way you don't have to waste a seal on the headder mount. Although if you are going to port it anyway... I ported mine before I even ran the pipe... LOL... Only took about 15 min. It's much bigger then the Stock header on the SS kit. So I was able to do the whole thing with the cone shaped stone sander. Then just pollished with 0000 sand paper... To a shinny finnish.

What happened with your break in? You have some serious bad luck with this stuff huh... LOL... I feel that way too sometimes.... I'm going to drill the new holes tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 04-26-2004, 12:13 AM
ryuhito

Went to get a grinding cone, couldn't find a drill bit smaller than 1/16th though, going to check the hardware store. Maybe some polish for the ball ends too. Going to drill the spring holes in the header side, I figure a header is cheaper to replace than my THS pipe, in the event that I screw it up. Let me know what size bit you use, I want to use something smalled than 1/16th if possible.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:06 AM
garynjr

Ok, All done. That worked great!! Excelent idea Ry. Thanks. I used a 3/64 bit. That is the same size as the original holes. Very small bit!!! Do you have a drill press? If you do, use that. It's way easier. I did drill the pipe itself. I drilled a hole in a scrap piece of wood and stuck the back end of the pipe in the hole to keep it steady. Then drilled the holes nice and slow... Worked great. Pipe is now sticking straight out to the side... Here are some pictures. Thanks, G
Old 04-26-2004, 10:08 PM
garynjr

Ok, HOLY CRAP! I cleaned my car today! I mean really cleaned it up. I decided because I was only getting 38-40 out of her lately to step up my gears a little. So I went to 41/37 spurs with the stock Pinions and boy what I found in the gear box! It was so dirty up there that my rear bearing was completely jamed up and the front one wasn't doing much better. Now, the jump in gearing should have given me an extra 6 mph at top end right... Well, I just hit 59 MPH! LOL that means my lack of maintanance was holding back about 13 MPH or so... Well that sucks but It's all better now and Now I'm just flying! There is a big difference between 40 and 60! LOL Hee hee.... So to all of you out there like I was who was too lazy or didn't want to take the time to really clean up the car well.... It's worth it! I like the gearing too. It was a strange fit on the motor mounting though. The new spurs are much smaller then the stock so I had to pivot the motor a little which makes the pipe touch the tank... But I don't care it's fast as hell now. Now it's worth all the time and effort I've put in to it...

Hee hee. darn thing got a little dirty again... LOL
Old 04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Christian_conzen

PS.t??
whats that?
havent heard about it yet!

ok another question.... where can i get a free web hosting service to host my website! cause angelfire is full of popup scripts which i cant get around, and.... is it possible to host a site on a local computer and just use a domain name to route to the target pages on my local machine??
thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 10:52 PM
garynjr

ORIGINAL: Christian_conzen

PS.t??
whats that?
havent heard about it yet!

ok another question.... where can i get a free web hosting service to host my website! cause angelfire is full of popup scripts which i cant get around, and.... is it possible to host a site on a local computer and just use a domain name to route to the target pages on my local machine??
thanks
That stands for Pull Start...

Ok, a little out of context but I'll try to answer that...
You can't get a free hosting unless you want to deal with the advertising. However, if you have Earthlink or Verizon or something for your web access you should have some free web space available to make a site.

As for hosting your own site, you would need to have a windows or Mac server running web service to do that. Probably not the best idea. I'm sure that doesn't really help but it's an answer none the less...
Old 04-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Christian_conzen

thanks!
sorry i should have clued into the PS.t thing! i work 2 jobs and i am kinda tired dude! (night shift and a day shift at different places) ne ways! awsome thanks!
www.cydots.de lets you register free domain names which is kewl!
ok back to rc related stuff....

my neighbour is a cop and the other day he had is cruiser in his drive way so i asked him if he would clock my car with the radar gun! it was sweet using that thing! andi clocked my RS4 3 at 57mph pretty good id think!
hey does a different air filter make a difference?

are you at alll a fan of the start boxes"?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
garynjr

Nice. Is that stock? I think the VSM usually is about 2-3 mph off to the slower side from what I'm told. I wish I had a real radar to verify. I used that street thing a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty close so...

As for start boxes, I don't use one but they are very popular in racing. It will save your arm. They are kinda pricy and usually you loose the pull start if you want to use one and it's just one more thing to lug around. I haven't had much for problems getting my car started so I just figured I'd rather spend the $$ on something else like my new pipe and fly wheel. That's just my opinon. They are kind of a lot of work...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:27 PM
ryuhito

Hey garynjr, I'm glad to hear the cleaning helped. I totally broke down one of mine this weekend, scrubbed everything and topped with a nice coat of WD. Isn't it nice to have a car that actually coasts again?

I'm going to get my Evo from the lhs, they've had it for days and haven't touched it. Hopefully tomorrow I will drive. First time in 2 weeks. Have to see if the CV-RX will let me whip my friends TC3. He's got the same engine but a one speed with no other hop-ups, so I'm optimistic.

Anyone have an opinion on those Yokomo drift cars? I just saw the pictures of the S-15 body and it made me start considering one...again.et
Old 04-26-2004, 11:34 PM
garynjr

Yeah, I hear ya on that one.... LOL Just have to remember that it costs so well now. LOL... Don't want to think it's stopping and run in to anything.

I was using WD40 for a bit but then realized it was causing more build up then it was helping. I now use something (Darn can't remember the name of it) that leaves a dry lube on the joints. It guarantees no exess buildup. It works well. I'll have to get the name of it. But anyway, it doesn't suck up the dirt like WD does. The only bad part about the stuff is that it's not good for the plastic... Oh well.

How did you make out with the pipe? Did you find a 3/64 bit?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Boost-Dragon

hey garynjr i see you still have the stock pinions try using the red pinions that will definitely push you over the 60 mark.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
JGRCNY

rs4 2 is better
Old 04-27-2004, 08:47 PM
garynjr

ORIGINAL: Boost-Dragon

hey garynjr i see you still have the stock pinions try using the red pinions that will definitely push you over the 60 mark.
Yeah, that's the next step! How does that do on the low end? Does it kill the get up and go?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:30 PM
JGRCNY

garynjr, no offence but..your stinger extention... is just plain Ugly!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:37 PM
garynjr

ORIGINAL: JGRCNY

garynjr, no offence but..your stinger extention... is just plain Ugly!
LOL Yeah, I ditched that actually a couple of days ago when I got the new pipe. It doesn't really fit the THS pipe. My Paris pipe dumped crap all over the car. I really hate having to clean up all the oil on the car after running it but the darn thing is ugly and gets in the way when racing so I took it off. It makes the pipe sound like crap anyway. That's really funny though thanks for the comment... LOL
Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
raceme

do you guys think this would help wit deflecting exhaust from the bodie.... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZ663&P=7 or make something like this but bring it down along the body and face it out
Old 04-28-2004, 12:47 AM
JGRCNY

Looks like it can come in handy in making a custom exhaust!
Old 04-28-2004, 12:56 AM
garynjr

ORIGINAL: raceme

do you guys think this would help wit deflecting exhaust from the bodie.... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZ663&P=7 or make something like this but bring it down along the body and face it out
I would stay away from putting that directly on your stinger. If you taged a curb or something it could rip your exaust or stinger right off.... LOL. That's why th rubber ones work well. Ugly but if you hit something it just gives...
Old 04-28-2004, 02:31 AM
ryuhito

I wish we could just get rear-exhaust engines and manifolds that stick straight out the back. There has to be a way to make a tuned pipe the size of a straightened-out manifold pipe. e
Old 04-28-2004, 08:00 AM
garynjr

You could always redirect the exaust for looks... Check out the Exaust thread.. It's prtty crazy what some people have done....
Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 AM
JGRCNY

What Exaust thread? Are they using the nasty copper plumbing pipe?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:51 PM
ryuhito

Haha, got the T-15 engine working, it was great! I actually got to drive! At top speeds it made a cool noise. It's probably a bad sign and all but its a cool metal-on-metal whirring noise! haha. So I was really pushing it, I've never seen a 2-stroke nitro grenade before, and I wouldn't be too sorry to see this thing go. I was laying on full throttle when I mis-read a turn and hit a curb. Broke my rear axle, the wheel came rolling all the way back to me. LHS out of stock of course, but they were working on the Evos CV-RX so maybe tomorrow I can try to break that. I should start my own thread: The Curse of Ryu or something.a
Old 04-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Boost-Dragon

yea the red pinions actually will kill the bottom end punch off the engine but overall top speed is increased. could always just keep first gear stock and go with a red pinion for your second speed as that's where your gonna be when attempting high speed runs.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 PM
garynjr

Boost Dragon:Na, you can't have more then a 4 tooth gap. I thought of that but it doesn't work so well.
Even the current set up is a little lacking in bottom end. I am going to lean out the bottom end a little...

Ryuhito: Man that sucks!! I broke my rear hub yesterday. In less then a minuite of driving. A car came flying out of a corner I swerved and taged a curb. Fortunately, my LHS had 2 packs left and I bought both. Second time this week I broke the left hub! Oh and that scream is what it's all about!! lol! Who cares if you are pushing it too hard. What fun is it to mess around if your not going to do it right! LOL

JGRCNY: I actually like this set up...from poosack I think it looks nice on just the car and more importantly looks great eith the body on...
Old 04-29-2004, 12:16 AM
garynjr

Carb Issues... Has anyone out there had problems with their carb sticking?
I couln't seem to get my low end leaned out enough and also in idle it would always want to go.
I reallized that I had the idle set scew completely backed out and still had too large of a gap in the carb for a low enough idle. Not to mention if I leaned it out on the low end too much it would lock the carb all together. ?? so after realizing that with the idle screw all the way out it should definately close all the way I investigated a little deaper and realized my carb had spun just enough to make it hit the engine block not allowing the carb to close enough. So anyway, if anyone out there is having idle problems or seem to have low end issues, check it out... Hopefully that will help.
G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.