Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need desprate help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
kcdano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need desprate help

Help. I need help. So i have a new HPI rs4 evo+ and the big problem is two major things. 1 the other day I installed a new venom fail safe and when I start the car it has one speed max as soon as it starts it's all out 100% thtl. problem 2 is today I pick up a new Fut radio 2.4 ghz and 3 receivers, and the same thing happens the car starts and 100 full thrt. I also have a new traxxas nitro sport and no problems at all. So what up with the HPI? Please help!

Thanks
Dan
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM
mkoresh12

Default RE: Need desprate help

Check you throttle linkage and throttle servo. I had to adjust mine right out of the box because the throttle was too open when the servo was in the neutral position. Take off the air filter. There should only be about .5-1mm opening when the throttle is at neutral. If its open more then theres your problem. I just unscrewed the servo saver and moved it a few teeth to get it where I wanted it. If you do this make sure you check the brake and adjust that as needed. The other thing to do is turn the ball end of the linkage to where you need it. I find its easier to move the servo saver. As for the traxxas working, it may be the trims are moved on that radio and it happens to work. Now that I think about it. If that one works double check the trims on the other radios. Maybe this is your problem.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
kcdano

Well, I have the new set up on both cars, I bought 3 recievers for three cars and one radio to run all of them the futaba pm. I just don't understand way the HPI will only work with the factory reciver and It will not work with the vemon plugged in. I will say that when i run the car on with the futaba set up both of my servo are very loud and i can't adjust them out with the radio. The same set up works great with the traxxas.[]
Old 04-23-2009, 10:30 AM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like you have to set your failsafe. There should be a button on the failsafe that you should push while holding the brake on the remote. Also check the settings on your remote because if your servos are loud, it might be in digital mode and you will eventually fry your servos. If you have the "2.4g" futaba, Im going to assume that you have the fasst, and if thats the case, make sure that when you turn on your remote it has the letters PP on the upper right hand side of the screen, if not, then its on digital mode and you have to change that.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
kcdano

Okay so that was my first mistake, had the radio in HSR mode, switched to PP. The other ting I don't like about this radio is that the manual stinks, and two the radio will not save my settings.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
GT100
My Feedback: (1)

Again, something must be wrong there. I had the Fasst and had 7 cars on it and every single one had a different setting and it would save them all. After you get done with your settings, turn the radio off and back on real quick and see if it holds it. Just remember to turn the car off before you turn the radio off.