Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Need a good 10th scale nitro

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:42 AM
MaxxP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a good 10th scale nitro

I have been in and out of rc racing (bashing) for the last 3-4 years. I may want to get into actualy racing now that I have my own car and can actualy get myself to the track, so I do not just want a car that is just going to go fast in a straigt line. I have had 2 electric cars, and one nitro. The nitro was an exray nt18. I have lately been wanting to get into 10th scale nitro though. I would onlly like to spend at most 350-400 on a car and I would prefer it to be a kit, however rtr is fine too. (I always like to fix my cars whenever I crash, however, the first time is a nightmare to figure everything out sometimes, so a kit could give me a 1up on the knowlege of how the car oparates, but mainly, I love to put things togetther) Lastly, I do not want some gem that should only be driven on perfectly paved track conditions, I would also like to be able to mess around in the street.

As RTR's go, I was thinking something like any of the HPI rs4 2's or 3's or Cen ct5. I am open to others as well...

For a kit, I have no idea.

Any sugjestions on both the RTR catagory and the kit catagory?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Cypriot Boy

Default RE: Need a good 10th scale nitro

your not very specific on what you want, you want that But you also want that!!! as for  racing cars get an xray nt1 or a kyosho rrr or a mugen mtx4 or a team magic g4. as for the models you metioned above none of them will do for racing or track use. i am selling my race car team magic g4rs with lots of hop-ups and spares for just $350 shipped!pm me if you are interested.
hope this helps
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

ntc3 is whats hot
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM
f575gtc

im selling my team magic g4rs brand new for $260, you get a brand new kit to learn and work on.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
MaxxP

Any more choices other than mugen mtx4, xray nt1, kysho rrr, team magic g4, and associated tc3?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Brent Davis

You can get two OFNA LD3 cars which are very similar to the NTC3 for $289 for this years Fathers Day special.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=11122
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
f575gtc

isnt the LD3 an old car? can parts still be easily found for it?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: f575gtc

isnt the LD3 an old car? can parts still be easily found for it?

yeah it is old, just like the NTC3 and yes nitrohouse says that they have enough parts for the next 5+ years let alone other hobby stores that have a stock on parts like amainhobbies and hobbypeople.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
RC all out!!!
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: MaxxP

I have been in and out of rc racing (bashing) for the last 3-4 years. I may want to get into actualy racing now that I have my own car and can actualy get myself to the track, so I do not just want a car that is just going to go fast in a straigt line. I have had 2 electric cars, and one nitro. The nitro was an exray nt18. I have lately been wanting to get into 10th scale nitro though. I would onlly like to spend at most 350-400 on a car and I would prefer it to be a kit, however rtr is fine too. (I always like to fix my cars whenever I crash, however, the first time is a nightmare to figure everything out sometimes, so a kit could give me a 1up on the knowlege of how the car oparates, but mainly, I love to put things togetther) Lastly, I do not want some gem that should only be driven on perfectly paved track conditions, I would also like to be able to mess around in the street.

As RTR's go, I was thinking something like any of the HPI rs4 2's or 3's or Cen ct5. I am open to others as well...

For a kit, I have no idea.

Any sugjestions on both the RTR catagory and the kit catagory?

Thanks

HPI, OFNA, TC3, or CEN are not race car they are all strait line cars. MTX3 or 4, G4, RRR, 710 or 720 AND THE XRAY ARE the cars you want to look for, nothing else will handle the track, and you can still kick but OUT LAW!!!!! racing, go on ebay and you will find some sweet deals with the money that you have to spend.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Over_revO

I have a lightly used ofna CD3, with kawaharas tires, and a modified Big block .21 P9R ABmods Stage 2 in it (high end onroad race engine)

Car have 4 tanks run throught it, engine have 1 gallon.

It is VERY stable, and extremely fast.

Heres a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4rjjFEU1I

just PM me if your interesed... 360$+shipping.

It all depend if you plan to do serious racing or a mix of racing and bashing... the CD3 handle pretty well and is though.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 AM
olkleaf

i used to use my tc3 at the track and i hated it becouse it would always break. i woundn't even crash hard just tap the wall and the rear arm would break right off the hing pin some times it just happend with out even touching anything. it was so annoying to have to fix it every time you touched something

im now running the kyosho Vone rrr evo2 i love this car. but any of the high end rc cars will be just as good (like kyosho, mugen, xray, serpent this are the most commen cars a my track) the reason they are better is b/c they are more adjustable the a easy to work on and they are very tough. i mean this cars can take a beating. i have only broken (it was cracked) a rear hub on my car but i put a longer screw on the rear hub nd i havent broken it sence. i think it would be best for you to buy one of these cars if you want to race. i know they are out of your budget but they make life a whole lot easyer then driving a tc3 or any other basher car.

i would also see if your track follows roar rules. my track follows them pretty strickly.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:59 AM
MaxxP

Well, my local hoby shop does not carry team magic, rdlogics, kyosho, xray, or mugen parts. I definately want one of these cars, I would just like to see some places that you guys get parts for these. I live in SoCal, so a store around there or even in Cal in general would be best to get the parts I may need asap. A close store that caries the parts for these cars may be a bid deciding factor in which one I choose. Thank you guys for all of your help.