Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

nitro mini rs4

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 AM
cajunyankee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro mini rs4

well i had an issue with these hong kong parts for my mini , i currently redone the whole front end in aluminum, when i put on the the fixed front turn buckles i had a major camber issue i went through a 40 dollar set of tires in about 5 tanks , so i cut and made my own adjustable buckles , now i have an issue with the dogbones falling out , i put some rubber washers in my cups and still they keep poping out , does anyone know of a set of cvd's i can replace these with from a difrent model , beings they never made a set for this little bugger .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50992.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1465369   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56513.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1465370  
Old 07-09-2010, 11:47 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: nitro mini rs4

The aluminum a-arms are probably out of tolerance. Put the plastic ones back on, they are better.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Jpsonoma

Ahh, the HPi nitro mini! Still one of my favorite cars.
HPi themselves made universals for that car, and depending on whether or not you feel like ordering from over seas, they are still available from here [link=http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/for-hpi-hpi-rs4-mini-c-595_737_865.html]http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/for-hpi-hpi-rs4-mini-c-595_737_865.html[/link]
I've bought stuff from RC Mart numerous times without issues. In fact thats were I bought my set of universals from.

Also, MIP made CVD's for these vehicles, they are hard to find now but they do pop up on Ebay from time to time (if I don't beat you too them, lol) Really the only parts you need are the actual short bones for the mini, the axle pieces are fom the standard RS4 and the pins and sleeves are all the same for 1/10 scale, I have seen just the bones for sale on ebay as well.

Aside from that I don't know of any other ones that fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26625.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	1465457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn86382.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	1465458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci46038.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	1465459  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
cajunyankee

well im just worried about them cvd's being the same length as the bones , it calls for 30 mm bones , i guess im hoping that someone will read this and know their bone size , id guess i need a 32 mm , i`ll probablly end up trying to put rear cups in the front and just grind them down till they clear the c hubs ,
Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Jpsonoma

The problem with dogbones is that they are free to float in between the diff cup and the axle cup, and more than likely you are having issues with the front ones falling out when you turn, correct?
With CVDS you have a fixed point that doesn't telescope. so all the float comes from the other side of the bone, and that is the side that doesn't see the extreme angles from turing your wheels. So they pretty much eliminate the chance of the bone falling out. I hope that makes some sense, but I'm pretty sure CVD's or universals would solve your problem.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:11 AM
out_door_man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know where I can get a body shell that will fit the HPI MINI RS4 nitro. Bought one from a car boot last w/e but at a wheel base of 225 I can't find a shell anywhere.
Help
Old 09-29-2017, 09:21 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by out_door_man
Does anybody know where I can get a body shell that will fit the HPI MINI RS4 nitro. Bought one from a car boot last w/e but at a wheel base of 225 I can't find a shell anywhere.
Help
the bodies from the HPI cupracer fit.