Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

car breaks when im in neutral

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 AM
kyosho evolva M3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car breaks when im in neutral

Hi people I have a Kyosho Evolva M3 and I'm having problems setting the throttle with the brakes.when thr car is in neutral I can push freely bur then the brakes don't reli brake that well.I know it sounds like I need to tighten brakres but ithen the car will be stiff in neutral,I,e the brakes will come on when I leave the throttle without putting the breaks on.If anyone could help me I would be greatfull

Cheers.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:24 AM
D.DJ

Default RE: car breaks when im in neutral

How is it that you cant brake that well? It should be set (this is how I do it) so that when the throttle is in neutral position, there are no brakes and there is only the slightest gap between the throttle and the stopper screw to make it open ie. i have to move the throttle arm only a little bit before it actually revs up.
Then I set the stopper screw that activates the brakes so that once I start moving the trigger backwards (start braking), the brakes have some travel before they actually start working. If i feel there isn't enough stopping power, I just move the stopper back so it pulls the link more.
Your problem could actually be that the link is not being pulled enough to make the brakes work well, like adding more torque but not enough travel. I would move the link on the servo to a hole more towards the outside of the horn if that's the case. If not, send us a pic and we'll try to figure it out.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
wrcsti

Default RE: car breaks when im in neutral

Make sure your servo travel is correct and also you might need to fine tune the screw for the brakes.