Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Thunder Tiger TS-4n issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 AM
AdaminNauru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger TS-4n issues

HeyI'm new to glow nitro RC cars and just got a Thunder Tiger TS-4n SC sport with a pro-12 engine. I got it run in the other day and have some questions that some experienced guys might be able to shed some light on...Here is what I have and am usingThunder Tiger TS-4n Sport SC, Pro12 engine, 10%nitro fuel 20%castor. The car sat on the shelf for a few years i reckon before I bought it. The foam air filter discintergrated so I temporarily replaced it with sponge till the new one arrives. The belts were moldy...but abit of a scrape took care of that I run the car on Nauru, a small central pacific island where it is hot all the time and usually humid.1. So the directions say to open the high speed needle 3 turns from closed for the run in setting and I could not get it to stop flooding (I'd take the glow starter off and the engine would stop) till I set it at like 1 1/2 turns. Is that normal? I have the car running but it still stalls at full throttle...so does that mean it is still running rich? There is plenty of smoke from the exhaust.2. The pictures in manuals etc say there is like a screw and nut on the front of the carb where the throttle servo connects, for mid-range tuning, only mine has a small phillips screw only. Is that still an adjustment or just connecting the servo the the carb?3. My front tires are bald from 5 tanks running, is that normal? I drive the car on aspalt. I've struggled getting it to run straight and measure the distance in mm between the front and back of the front wheels to get them even...but it's still not running straight... any suggestions? I ran it without the tyres glued for a few tanks, but finally got them glued on the other day. If the tyres are older would that make them wear quicker...so new tires might last longer? would running them on dirt/dusty concrete be better for tire longevity?4. I can use fuel that is 10% nitro and 15%castor and 5%synthetic would that make it run better/different? can i dilute the fuel, to lessen the oil % that might make it run better? what would i dilute it with?5. I have no tube for the antenna/arial any ideas for a stand in? There is no model/hobby store on Nauru 6. I'm using some sewing machine oil for after run oil...is that ok? is it meant to go in the glow plug hole or the carb opening? Would 30W motor oil be better?Well thats it for now, I'm probably the only Nitro RC owner on Nauru...so any advice would be very helpful.Thanks againAdam on Nauru
Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
mick1987

Default RE: Thunder Tiger TS-4n issues

is it the pro evo 12 engine with the purple heat sink
Old 09-13-2010, 03:49 AM
AdaminNauru

Default RE: Thunder Tiger TS-4n issues

it is the standard engine, with silver heat sink...the only markings on the motor are pro on one side and 12 on the other maybe PRO12BXS is my guess.