RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   HPI Nitro onroad cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3060828-hpi-nitro-onroad-cars.html)

quik_d 06-10-2005 11:05 AM

HPI Nitro onroad cars

Hi my brother has been offered an HPI on road nitro car from a mate of his and we just wanted to know how good it is. Not sure of model but the blokes said theres two types of the same model, one with belt drive and the other with shaft drive. The one he is selling is the belt driven one, better version apparently. Does anyone know which one it is and what its like? Howmuch do they sell for with a few shells and few spares and all electrics? thanks guys

snowbl!nd 06-10-2005 12:03 PM

RE: HPI Nitro onroad cars

HPI are a very reputable manufacturer of rc cars, and have been for some time.
Not sure exactly which model you are talking about, but it will probably be the nitro "RS4". There are loads of versions of this car, the first two of which i believe are belt driven cars. The newest reincarnation is the "RS4 3", which is shaft driven. This is the most recent of the RS4 "bunch" and there are many different versions of this car, which all share the same chassis, but have different engines, 2-speeds and other features. These include the RTR 3 (RS4 3 RTR), SS (kit) and 18 SS (the newest addition with a .18 engine).
So you are probebly being offered either an RS4 1 OR an RS4 2, and a more recent RS4 3. I would say the shaft driven car (being the most recent) would be better, but i dont own one so i dont know. Try to get more information and look closely at the cars before you part with any cash. Also try to get a demonstration so that you know the engines work. I would say around £200 - £250 for the lot.

Go to www.hpi-europe.com for more information. Look under rc cars (and discontinued cars for RS4 1 & 2)

cardriverx 06-10-2005 12:13 PM

Sounds like he has a RS4 1 or 2. They are awsome cars, not the fastest out there but they are next to impossible to beak. If it is in like new condition and with all stock parts I would say about 200$ maby alittle less would be a good price. They are great cars, if hes selling it for a good price buy it. Also there are still many many many parts for it, you can find any OEM part you need, and it has amazing aftermarket support. By the way ive had my RS4 for 4 years now and have broken less than 3 parts on it:D.

Edit- I think the belt vertions (RS4 1 and 2) are better, I think HPI should have stayed with belts when they made the RS4 3.

quik_d 06-10-2005 03:55 PM

well in that case think gonna tell my bro to go for it as the guy wants quick sale of £100 ono for it and my bros doing work on his 1.1 car which will cost him about that much, i feel a swap coming on, labour for RS4 :D

snowbl!nd 06-10-2005 04:58 PM

Make sure they are in good condition first! There is no point spending £100 if they are all smashed up and do not run.

cjennings 06-11-2005 04:49 PM

And man that guy is either

A. Lying to you
B. High on somthing
C. doesnt know a thing about Nitro RC cars

The reason for this is because the belt driven one is in no way better then the new EVO shaft driven one

cardriverx 06-13-2005 11:05 AM

why not? I think the belt ones are alot better, and the fact that they are belt or shaft isn't really the reason, the rs4 1/2s was designed better in my opinion. But I like belts alittle better, smoother acceleration and no toque steer.