RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Offical nitro tc3 thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3116733-offical-nitro-tc3-thread.html)

osofast 12-20-2005 09:24 AM

RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

Ok thank you i will check them did yours come with a droop tool.

dsmfreaks 12-20-2005 10:02 AM

hey guys hows it goin/ well this looks to be the most active tc3 thread out there.. So i got a question for you all ? i have a NTC3+ and have converted everything to alloy but the rear A-arms and hubs carrires and shock tower. does anyone know where ican find these parts in alloy the car has the ver2 sus so i am having a lil trouble finding them.. im almost tempted to convert it to ver1 just so i can get this project done.. any help would be great...

Igotntc3andrevo 12-20-2005 01:39 PM

Im thinking thats what you are going to have to do because I haven't seen any version two aluminum rear parts and i am an avad ebay surfer

dsmfreaks 12-21-2005 10:26 AM

man that really sucks i really like the look of the ver 2 and its way stronger then ver1 there is no need for THE FIX on ver2.. owell ill give it one more dayof net surfing then ill order all the ver1 parts.. i just cant believe that no one has made them yet..

osofast 12-21-2005 10:52 AM

hey dsmfreaks what do your name stand for

fastest_ntc3 12-21-2005 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Igotntc3andrevo

now im curious can u give me a link to the place where u saw this i need to know because i work at a hobby shop
Thanks in advance
I asked Team Associated about what is the difference between the two kits. They said that the #2035 is the newer kit with the updated version 2-rear suspension. So the only difference between the two kits is the new rear suspension.

raptorddd 12-23-2005 02:31 AM

guys i cant see or notice my ntc3 changing gears i have a savage and i can hear that when its changing i take the ntc3 by the handle and i am not sure if its changing i feel a little jump in the car but i can barely notice it hard to be sure if it is.

dsmfreaks 12-23-2005 09:55 AM

the DSM in dsm freaks is for the mitsu i drive

osofast 12-23-2005 11:01 AM

ok cool thatg is what i through i use to drive a 2 gen with a 20g turbo and all greedy things in it i miss my dsm.

raw1 12-23-2005 09:24 PM

i am stuck between a tc4 or tc3 plus or an rs4 they both seem pretty close but i think the ae radios are better help me

webwiz2600 12-23-2005 09:47 PM

I vote NTC3+.

Isn't the TC4 electric only, or is there a Nitro version?

natone 12-23-2005 11:26 PM

i would say a tc3+ too it's my favorite car i've tried.( a lot of cars)

fastest_ntc3 12-27-2005 04:21 AM

Get the tc3 plus.

dsmfreaks 12-27-2005 10:31 AM

i think the ntc3+ is a great car.. i had 2 hpi rs4's and i am way happier with the tc3..

fastest_ntc3 12-27-2005 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the fastest NTC3s... Here it is before I completely strip it down and upgrade it. My other NTC3 is in pieces right now, it has retired from the A-main and is going to be completely outlaw. The one in the pic is going to be for the A-main. Just waiting for the parts.

dsmfreaks 01-04-2006 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cool looks good. :) heres mine right befor a race and drift event during the summer

Homeroduff 01-06-2006 10:17 PM

Hello everybody.

I used to buy Ellegi and Jaco tires for $11.00 Dollars a pair delivered to my house from a Tiger guy from China.:D
But he is not on Ebay anymore. Can any body tell me where to get foam tires at this price????
I don't whant to pay $20.00 for one pair at Hobbytown.[:o]

70cuda 01-09-2006 12:38 AM

Hey guys. I took the engine out of my ntc3 plus to clean it up and have some questions about the two speed transmission. If I spin the larger gear with my finger it drives the wheels, however if I spin the smaller gear it just spins freely. Is this correct. Is the smaller gear the high speed gear? I thought it would be the other way around. Also how many turns out should I turn the screws to get the car to shift. i think I may have lost track of how many turns out they are so can you simply turn them back in till they are tuight then turn them 3 to four turns out. Will the screws bottom out or can you ruin the springs?

BlackPixie 01-09-2006 02:05 AM

You can buy tires from RC Mart. Jacos foam tires goes for about $7.10 and Ellegi foam tires for $7.20.

fastest_ntc3 01-09-2006 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: 70cuda

Hey guys. I took the engine out of my ntc3 plus to clean it up and have some questions about the two speed transmission. If I spin the larger gear with my finger it drives the wheels, however if I spin the smaller gear it just spins freely. Is this correct. Is the smaller gear the high speed gear? I thought it would be the other way around. Also how many turns out should I turn the screws to get the car to shift. i think I may have lost track of how many turns out they are so can you simply turn them back in till they are tuight then turn them 3 to four turns out. Will the screws bottom out or can you ruin the springs?
The smaller gear is the high speed gear. It is suppose to spin freely. It will engage once the engine spins the transmission fast enough. I turned the screws a half turn out from factory settings. It shifts really early because I drive on a small track. Since you lost track of how many turns the screws are, you can turn them all the way in and then back out. Don't over tighten them though because you can ruin the springs.

fastest_ntc3 01-09-2006 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackPixie

You can buy tires from RC Mart. Jacos foam tires goes for about $7.10 and Ellegi foam tires for $7.20.
Isn't the shipping price for RC Mart expensive?

70cuda 01-09-2006 06:28 PM

How far in do you turn them then, just until they stop?

iacolb12 01-10-2006 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: 70cuda

How far in do you turn them then, just until they stop?
Yes, well it may not stop completely. But it you really only need to turn it till it requires significant pressure. Use a small driver to resist the temptation to ham-fist. That way you can only use your fingertips.

Homeroduff 01-12-2006 03:42 PM

How do you modify the original .12ae

Thanks.

99GTP 01-14-2006 12:38 AM

Hey does anyone know about how long one full tank of fuel should last in a Nitro TC3+ with the stock AE .15 engine? The one I have is my first nitro vehicle and I got it so it starts on the 3rd or 4th pull and it runs through a whole tank of 20% nitro fuel in about 5 minutes with me just revving it up. I'm not driving it yet because it's too cold up here in MN. I think it may be running a little rich. But I can rev it up pretty good and then just let off the throttle completely and it comes right down to a really nice idle and just stays there. It's really smooth.