RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Offical nitro tc3 thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3116733-offical-nitro-tc3-thread.html)

KaZaaV2 08-12-2006 07:36 AM

RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

As long as nothing is touching works for me.

kmwdesign 08-13-2006 08:09 PM

Is it possible to run a .21 in a NTC3 utilizing the wolfpack conversion?

http://www.wolfpackradicals.com/html...rank_case.html

Igotntc3andrevo 08-14-2006 02:47 AM

Ive heard of it being possible but you can;t use the stock chassis because the hole that the pull start covers is too large and won't allow the back of the motor mount screws to fit but there is a chassis that is made that doesn;t have the hole but i don't no who makes it

kmwdesign 08-24-2006 07:07 AM

I ended up talking to the guy that makes them, he said it truely wasn't worth all the effort. So we bought a EB mod .18 tz. Hell or high water, it should be pleasant.

losfer 08-30-2006 12:17 PM

Hi guys, I´discovered this topic and I´m really glad to see so many TC3 owners and so many posts. Well, I´m from Brazil and I have a NTC3+ bought from towerhobbies. well, I´m having this little problem, the front hinge pin (#2235) has loosen up a little and one of the caster clips (#2239) fell down. So, have any of you had this problem? How to lock this pin in the front suspension arm (#2233)?

losfer 08-30-2006 08:15 PM

Another question, is "the fix" necessary for the NTC3+ or AE has fixed that issue in its suspension v2?

jandb917 08-30-2006 08:51 PM

"the fix" as you are refering to is actually for the shock tower comming loose or actually breaking the diff case where the screws go into ( the ones that hold the shock towers to the diff case) thats the fix everyone talks about ......... now as far as your clips "falling down" as you said ..... well as long as they are still inbetween the arm and the shock tower and cliped on the hinge pin then your fine .... it doesnt matter where the lip (used to pull the clip off ) is at as long as the clip remains on the shaft you are fine ........ worst case if you loose one just cut a small piece of fuel tubing the same thickness as the clip and pull out the hinge pin and put the piece of fuel tube on the shaft as you insert the pin into its hole that should take caree of it

kmwdesign 08-30-2006 09:04 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=218951

If such an action would be deamed illegal according current forum rules, I am sorry. If not....take a gander, you might walk away with a nice set up.

losfer 08-31-2006 07:19 AM

Thanks Jandb917, but my right front hinge pin (#2235) keeps falling, is there a way to lock it in the shock tower?

jandb917 08-31-2006 04:49 PM

when you mean falling im assuming you mean commin out of the arm from the front or the rear of the arm correct ? if so ..... its either you have lost the screw in the front of the arm just to the side of the hinge pin hole and it is allowing it to come out or on the back of the arm where the hinge pin comes out ... that hole has been reamed out somehow which is allowing the pin to push all the way through .... the top pin should not be able to go all the way through the arm...............

losfer 09-01-2006 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi jan, I haven't lost the screw, it's still there. The pin that I'm talking about is this one.

jandb917 09-01-2006 06:49 PM

which way is it falling out from the front or the back of the arm... if its the front then that means you either have the wrong screw in the arm (too small of a head on it ) or like i said above if the back hole on the arm is ovaled out then it will fall out hte back of the arm which it shouldnt be able to

losfer 09-01-2006 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the pic of my front suspension. You can see the loosed pin and the screw in place.

jandb917 09-01-2006 08:22 PM

ahhhhhhhhhh ok i seee what your issue is ............ just take the screw out that holds the pin in and put a small washer on it to hold the pin in there.... thats what the screw is for but the head of the screw doesnt hit on it much so yours is proabbly just worn a bit .... so if you put the washer on the screw then it wont push out any more

TwistedTurbo 09-16-2006 10:21 PM

Sort of a dumb question, but hopefully someone can answer. I have been into nitro powered rc trucks for a while now and love them, great driving around and bashing at my parents 5 acre yard with no neighbors too close by. However I wanted something I could drive around my apartment area as well which is a real small quiet neighbor hood and alot of older people that wouldnt like the nitro truck making noise so I picked up an electric TC4 which is fun to run around on the streets...but I miss nitro.
My question is, how loud are these TC3 nitro cars stock? I have never been around a nitro car before so don't really know what to expect. I have some parking lots I can go to where there is less houses around so some noise isnt a problem, just wondering about how loud they are say as compared to a nitro truck. Quieter, same or louder basically. Thanks, im thinking about saying screw the neighbors and just buy the TC3 but want an idea of what its going to sound like first. Thanks.

losfer 09-16-2006 11:49 PM

I believe the noise is the same, or a little less lower depending the truck you have. I think if you own something like a Revo then the noise is lower.

TwistedTurbo 09-17-2006 07:45 AM

I have a Savage X, when it was stock it sounded about as loud as a low powered weedwacker. The neighbors could probably hear it as full throttle but nothing too annoying. Now it has an aftermarket pipe so it screams pretty loud.
Thanks for the answer.

chaseman81 09-17-2006 08:41 AM

Hi I have a savage stock and a tc3. The tc3 is a lot quiter than the savage stock. It's night and day difference. The only thing about the tc3 is the street has to be smooth because the tc3 is setup at 5.5mm off the ground. NO rocks No sticks Just a smooth surface. Plus alot faster than the truck.

chaseman81

TwistedTurbo 09-17-2006 06:35 PM

The parking lot I usually run in (my electric TC-4) was just recently repaved so its really smooth. Another parking lot I run in has some small stones that get the body all beat up and some times scratch the bottom of the car up but no biggy.
Thanks for the answer, thats what I was hoping for, someone that had both and knew the difference in sound.

chaseman81 09-17-2006 07:01 PM

Savage 25, NTC3, TC4 and looking at a RT 18B

TwistedTurbo 09-23-2006 09:30 AM

I bought a TC3 plus and it just arrived yesterday. unfortunatly it is raining so I didnt get to play with it yet :eek:

chaseman81 09-23-2006 09:43 AM

Take the time to go through your manual and get to know your car first. they are quick and you want to make sure you have a temp guage don't let it get over 120 degrees. tighten everything and wait for a great day on a clean surface. rocks are the enemy.

You'll love the car.
chaseman81

taildraggerdave 09-23-2006 10:37 AM

You also may find it difficult to get it to shift into second with the restrictor plug in the carb. I ran about 3 tanks through mine then pulled the plug. After that, it shifted nice and clean and was very fast. Also, 120* seems very low even for break-in. Not sure if that is a misprint or not. I thought the accepted temp spec was 200* to break in an ABC engine.

losfer 09-24-2006 09:26 PM

I guess chaseman meant 120 C, because the manual of the ntc3+ says that the temperature must be between 220 and 280 degrees F

Chaseman, did I guess it right?

chaseman81 09-25-2006 06:52 PM

Yeah I guess I had my head cross threaded and spoke in metric.

Good guess Losfer