RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Compagnucci Super Beetle / F1: Nitro and/or Gasoline (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3203240-compagnucci-super-beetle-f1-nitro-gasoline.html)

cormierone 07-26-2005 07:54 PM

Compagnucci Super Beetle / F1: Nitro and/or Gasoline

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

I told everyone that I would get that Compagnucci 1/8 gas Beetle. Well, I finished painting it and added OFNA true 1/8 wheels. I haven't run it yet, to give you a review but I will. What I can say I'm pleased with it. Here are some pics.

Cormierone

______________-

Edited title: Compagnucci Super Beetle / F1: Nitro and/or Gasoline
-2 threads, 2 forums - Relocated First Known Thread.

Dr Honda 07-26-2005 08:30 PM

RE: Compagnucci Super Beetle

Is that the one with the little Gas engine??? If so... lets see some close-ups of the engine.

jeepfreak1972 07-26-2005 08:43 PM

Thats real nice. Can't wait to here how it runs and how reliable it is.

cormierone 07-26-2005 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dr. Honda,

Yes...that's the one with the little MAC engine, it's capable of running on gas or nitro. My battery in my camera went dead and I'm charging it now. Here's a pic from the manufacturer.

Cormierone

cormierone 07-26-2005 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dr. Honda,

Okay my battery is charged, here are close ups of the chassis.

Cormierone

icecreamslick 07-26-2005 09:05 PM

Ah Ha! [sm=thumbup.gif] I've been waiting to hear about that car! I have their website added to my favorites list so that I will not forget where to go when I am ready to buy one. As a matter of fact, I sent them an e-mail today, asking several questions about their 1:8 gas cars...no reply, yet.

I'm getting a bit antsy. [sm=lol.gif] I can't wait for your review and a good, informative video!

Uh huh...you've gotta make a video.:D

snooptalian 07-26-2005 09:22 PM

I can't wait to hear the review also. I really want to get that small gas Beetle too. It looks awesome.

icecreamslick 07-26-2005 09:22 PM

...and in the video, you have to show us how it starts (starter and a rolling start). :D

cormierone 07-26-2005 09:32 PM

Ice,

Yeah Man!!! I'm going to do the video, the whole 9...

Cormierone

icecreamslick 07-26-2005 09:37 PM

...and I want to know if it accelerates like a nitro. :D There's not a lot of tuning involved with these cars, right? [&:]

Man, I want one, too! [:@]

At that price, I want more than one...about $400.00 + shipping, huh? [sm=greedy.gif] Ready to run?

Is this the one that comes with a carrying bag or with a metal pit-stand? [sm=confused.gif] (there are two sites with this scale (gas/oil) cars that I have seen).

I wonder if I can buy the motor and just drop it into my 1:8 scale buggy...

Your gonna drive it tonight, right? [:o]

teamchrome 07-26-2005 09:59 PM

Looks like I might have to find the funds for this!!
Hurry and get some drive time and a vid..
Need first hand info on handling and performance.

icecreamslick 07-26-2005 10:04 PM

YEAH! You can sleep later. :D Run the car. :D Make the video. :D Tell me that you love...it. ;)

snooptalian 07-26-2005 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

YEAH! You can sleep later. :D Run the car. :D Make the video. :D Tell me that you love...it. ;)
LOL...Buy me one and I'll do a quick review for ya...;)

cormierone 07-26-2005 10:22 PM

Ice,

It's 11:15 PM here in Virginia, I couldn't run it tonight. The items included are the carrying bag, the metal stand, 2 battery packs, radio, charger, a wrench for removing the belts, trimmed body, decals and a starter adapter for a drill. I talked to the owner Kevin and you can buy the motor seperately but after looking at the drive gear system is rather long and wouldn't fit in a buggy or MT without major mods. The total price delivered to my door was $413.00. I think the car is sweet!!! The Beetle body makes it really cool!!! I didn't like the wheels that came with it so I ordered OFNA wheel adapters and premounted wheels. I'll do a video and cover all the bases. Oh! and by the way this car doesn't weigh 14 lbs, that's the total weight of everything packed in the bag. This cars weighs about the weight of my Nitro TC3. So, if the power to weight is any concellation I think it's good for the mph claimed. Good night fellows.

Cormierone

snooptalian 07-26-2005 10:33 PM

Does it look pretty durable and well put together/designed?

icecreamslick 07-26-2005 11:06 PM

Man, that sounds frickin cool. [8D]

Automan 07-27-2005 04:52 AM

Cormierone, that is a cool little car you got there, and the paintjob is nice to [sm=thumbup.gif]

Im sorry, but this is the first time i heard of this car, a car that little that can go on regular gasoline to, thats awesome :) I sure would like to get one, do you have the sites that sells these small beauty's ? and to the manufacturer ? Would like to check em out and see if it's something for me to have... it's right size to play with the cat indoors to :D

Looking forward to seeing your car on video, and see how it moves.

cormierone 07-27-2005 06:38 AM

Automan,

The website is http://rcracingent.com and the owner's name is Kevin. He was very helpful and honest. He's very much into the product he sells. His phone number is 502-298-6248. To answer the question previously, this car is very well built, the design is unique which is a trade mark of Italian manufacturing. There's a video on the website of the cars running, where you can get an idea of what they look like.

Cormierone

Automan 07-27-2005 07:47 AM

Thanks !!

I have looked at it now, and it sure looks cute and fun. I personally think that the model you got was the best of them, or getting that mini and paint it mr been style would be funny :D
The second place in looks to your beetle is the buggy, that one looks nice to.

I'm sure interested in these small nice cars, would be fun and way more easy to take with you, and it doesn't take that much space to run it like those 1/6 monsters.

Of topic: I would love getting my hands on a 1/6 - 1/5 vehicle that runs on gasoline, but is something like a tank with nice metal tracks that can go trough anything, that would be nice ;)

Looking forward to seeing your vidz cormierone !! good luck with the first drive, hope all goes well.

aluminum crusher 07-27-2005 08:05 AM

Yeah Cormierone keep us posted on how well it performs by the way does it go 60mph on gas or 60 mph on nitro. Thanks

No Moa 07-27-2005 08:40 AM

what is the width of the body? If it is 1/8th scale, it should take some 200MM bodys maybe? I'm not a fan of the bodys they have, but with some Pro-Line bodies it would be awesome. See if your TC3 nitro body is anywhere near the same size.

icecreamslick 07-27-2005 09:14 AM

This is a different site with some similar cars...interesting. [&:] They are all made by the same company, but these guys might ship cheaper to areas around Europe.

http://www.compagnucci.it/r2004/eng/index.htm

This is part of the e-mail that I sent in order to find out some information:

-I do not like dealing with the constant tuning issues that nitro-methane engines need, so can I really expect a Compagnucci engine to work reliably and consistently?
-With all of their faults, nitro-methane engines are very fast. Does a Compagnucci on-road car accelerate as quickly as a nitro car or do they generally take longer to reach top speed?
-Are all of the cars built on the same general chassis and set-up, with the only difference between on-road cars being the style of body?
-I'm sure that shipping to America will cost a great deal of money. Is there a Compagnucci dealer anywhere in North America?
-I need to know how much money I should have to expect top spend in order to repair and improve my car. Do you have the spare parts listed by price?
-Do your customers have the option to buy only an engine, or would it be too difficult to just replace a nitro-methane motor with one your engines?

I like the Ferrari F50. :D

cormierone 07-27-2005 09:30 AM

No Moa,

It's not a true 1/8 scale, the chassis is 18" long w/o body and it's 10 1/2 " wide. There's nothing in the 1/8 scale arena that a body would fit. However; I have a HPI Super F150 and the wheel base is the same but the body is short on width, the TC3 body is long enough but not wide enough. I put the OFNA wheels on it and it narrowed the track at about 3/4 of inch. The rear wheel offset with the stock wheels have them extending from the body. That is one short coming about the body situation, however; the manager said that there are some old Parma bodies that would fit, I haven't checked into it as of yet. I will try to run both nitro and gasoline and see what the performance differences are. I'm a little surprised about the interest in this car considering all the negative comments I recieved in the previous tread I posted, I guess seeing is believing and it's cute little car. I'm glad everyone that have posted comments liked the car. The issue now is performance and looking forward to running it.

Cormierone

icecreamslick 07-27-2005 09:51 AM

What do you think of the body post set-up? :D Rather than having vertical body posts that stick up through the body, those on the Beetle are small, horizontal posts that stick out the front and rear...much less noticable. I think that adds to the realism. I mean, who really wants big, plastic rods poking out of the top of your trunk/hood. [:-]

Cool. [8D]

No Moa 07-27-2005 11:10 AM

i guess i could deal with just the Nascar body, that is a nice one.