RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/3942132-official-kyosho-thread-v1-fw-05-series.html)

RC-MAN-4EVA 02-21-2006 07:38 PM

OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

I couldn't find any kyosho thread so i started one so we can post all topics on kyosho onroad cars in one thread..... By the way can someone tell me what hopups for V1 RRR WC do i need to make my car drop 1.5 pounds? thanks

HerrSavage 02-22-2006 11:16 AM

RE: OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

My FW-05T is on the way. I found a great deal on it on e-bay here in Germany, after being persuaded by more than one German that it'd smoke an HPI RS4 Evo(I love my Savage, so wanted an RS4 - but the Kyosho was 2/3 the price while being supposedly significantly better!)

Is this car a decent parking-lot basher? If not, what mods should I do to make it one?

dwayneh 02-22-2006 07:46 PM

I have a V one S as a general use car (I don't think i'll ever have the time to race). Haven't had any real problems in the 6mths i've had it (except for a leak in the fuel tank seam). But it's also nowhere near as quick as I thought it would be.

I do, however, have severe understeering problems but am preparing to strip the car and fill the front diff with grease in an attempt to reduce this. To compound the problem it has throttle off oversteer which I'm hoping a change of tyres and a rear wing will fix.

HerrSavage 02-23-2006 11:28 AM

Can anybody tell me what the difference is between the FW-05T and the FW-05T Plus?

D-Nicest 02-23-2006 01:57 PM

The Plus has threaded aluminum shocks and some other goodies. For people who have the RRR k factory makes an aluminum chassis with graphite put in to all the soft spots, so it's a blen of bothe graphite and Aluminum. They also makee aluminum pulleys and aluminum fron middle shaft mount. There is not really much you can do to make the RRR lighter. With cars like that you can only make it heavier with eye candy.

RC-MAN-4EVA 02-25-2006 04:40 PM

hehehehe my car is loaded with so many surprises :D i'll post pics later

RC-MAN-4EVA 02-26-2006 09:45 PM

anyone got a pic of their kyosho ride?

dwayneh 02-27-2006 06:05 PM

Only with the body on.

http://image.rcuniverse.com/gallery/...s/lg-44246.jpg

RC-MAN-4EVA 02-27-2006 06:35 PM

ohh nice body... what car is it? RRR?

dwayneh 02-27-2006 11:14 PM

It's a V one S (I don't have the skill to handle a RRR). See my earlier post for my opinon on the car.

HerrSavage 02-28-2006 07:24 AM

That's an extremely cool-looking car.

HerrSavage 02-28-2006 07:28 AM

What % nitro should I use with my FW-05T? Already got plenty of %20 for my Savage.. Let me guess, that won't work...?

HerrSavage 02-28-2006 07:30 AM

And hey, what motor should I keep an eye out for as an upgrade? I'd like to see 100kph..(61mph..) I guess gearing is important too..

HerrSavage 02-28-2006 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some pics. Hoping to break in this weekend, and pick up my black Lambo body which hopefully will look like the ones in the photos..

HerrSavage 03-04-2006 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, broke it in today. Well, I had it done for me... The thing was VERY VERY fast. There was a guy there with an HPI RS4 Evo - and the Kyosho was really twice as fast. Awesome , awesome car. Looks good with the black Lambo body as well... Second gear is like rocket- thrust. Insane.

HerrSavage 03-05-2006 01:35 PM

Got it out in the open today. Starts nice, gets going like a freaking rocket(til now I've only had experience with my Savage..) I NEVER got to top-speed.. 2./3 was too fast. It's totally psycho fast but in the end I - idiot - didn't extend the antenna all the way so it smashed HARD into a wall. Shock tower kaput, as well as front-ramer holder thing.. Spur gear also totally wasted. Was fun though. Ludicrously fast..

Need some good tires. Lots to learn.

Is changing the spur gear more or less like on a Savage? Do I have to take the whole dam car apart to do it?

Thanks.

Saboteur10573 03-05-2006 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: dwayneh

It's a V one S (I don't have the skill to handle a RRR). See my earlier post for my opinon on the car.
It's not a matter of skill to handle the car, it's just than the RRR is a track car- built with the intentions of heavy racing. If you don't race at a track often then it's not worth having. :)

HerrSavage 03-06-2006 11:20 AM

PLEASE HELP. The chassis-plate is bent. Does this mean that I HAVE TO replace it? I'm guessing I do - or it'll just eat spur gears, but hoping to hear that I won't...

Please help - also with how to change the spur gear....

Bluebrew 03-12-2006 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a big fan of the FW series. Here's some crappy pics of a couple I have. One's a FW-04 bone stock, the other is a FW-03 with a 4-stroke.

HerrSavage 03-12-2006 11:41 AM

Well, I had an all-day trip to Dresden the other day, and ended up getting the tuning chassis plate(for way more than I ever wanted to spend on this car..) I hope to freaking god I rebuilt everything correctly. The guys from the Kyosho shop had to help me get the motor mounted. I'm worried about the clutch. The bell is kind of chipped, and it all rotates a little stiffly. I really don't want to have to EVER replace the spur gear..

RC-MAN-4EVA 03-27-2006 10:28 PM

wow... my thread died already?! must bring it back to front page!! lol........ my RRR is almost complete.. but taking a break off my RRR... i'm flying helis for a while now

HerrSavage 03-28-2006 01:30 AM

Well, I took mine out last week and it went great. Seized up during the second tank, couldn't figure out what it was. After looking MUCH more carefully, found a TINY stone in the clutch-bell. Still new to onroad....

Also, I'm learning that it's hard to find big, flat, and open enough parking lots to drive this thing. It's crazy fast...

mlino 03-28-2006 08:34 AM

Hi All!

Does anyone know where can I get a blank setup sheet for kyosho v-one RR and V-one RR evo? I try to get at some internet site like www.rcdocuments.com but there are not any blank setup sheet there.

The Kyosho site only held the new V-one RRR and FW-05.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Marcio

silent_echo 03-28-2006 03:51 PM

hey bluebrew i was looking at that 4 stroke and i was wondering how it works and how it differs form a 2 stroke (besides how many strokes:))

Unique1 03-29-2006 02:39 AM

Hi guys,
I just got a Kyosho V one S, single speed.
Does anyone know where I can get a 2 speed from, that ships to AUS?

Thanks