RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   FW05T WITH GXR15 ENGINE (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/6949574-fw05t-gxr15-engine.html)

randy@puppetworkshop.com 01-22-2008 10:25 AM

FW05T WITH GXR15 ENGINE

Hello,

I have a FW05T with the GXR15 engine that it came with. I can not get the thing to start. I have tried everything that I can think of. Is it possible the type of gas that I am using is no good. Does anyone have one of these that runs smoothly? If so what type/brand of fuel are you using and what glo plug are you using as well? Any help would be much appreciated.

Also if you had to swap engines because one brand might work better and be easier to start what brand and model engine would work better .

Thanks in advance,

Randy

hpi apollo 01-22-2008 11:27 AM

RE: FW05T WITH GXR15 ENGINE

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm

ferrarimk13 01-22-2008 11:52 AM

its probably the temperature or the needle settings, read up on that nitro guide, and you should be fine, if you have any questions just post it.

randy@puppetworkshop.com 01-22-2008 11:56 AM

Thanks. All good stuff. Can anyone recommend a good fuel and glo plug type for this particular make and model engine?

Thanks

ferrarimk13 01-22-2008 12:24 PM

i use byrons, but i heard O'Donnell and sidewinder are also very good. for that engine, i recommend 20% nitro with atleast 16% oil, for longer lifetime. i dont know much about regular glowplugs, but a 3 is normal, i thionk

rockinro 01-22-2008 01:34 PM

i have the same engine and always used a O.S. # 8 plug...fuel is Byron's 20 and then 30%.

If it never started at all, check to make sure your glow plug battery is fully charged...and also make sure the high-speed needle (the big main one) is not open too much (rich), sometimes u have to tighten it a bit more than mentioned in the instruction manual...close it all the way in (not too tight!!!) and then unscrew it 3 1/4 turns, n then try starting it. If it doesn't fire up after a 3-4 trials then tighten 1/4 turns and try again. Once it is started make sure that there is a lot of blue smoke coming out of the exhuast so that u don't cook ur engine ;)

GYNAIKAS 01-22-2008 07:42 PM

I use both LRP glow plugs and Fuel. Maybe your glow plug is bad or the igniter's voltage is low. If not then try default needle settings (visit the official kyosho website).

randy@puppetworkshop.com 01-23-2008 06:55 PM

Thanks. New gas, new plugs, car starts and runs great. BUT when I run it off the ground it runs fine. The moment I put it down and give it some gas it goes dead. Especially when I really get on the throttle. Or as soon as it comes against any resistance on the engine it goes dead. What do I do know? What is causing this?
Thanks again.
Randy

Generalx5 01-24-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: randy@puppetworkshop.com

Thanks. New gas, new plugs, car starts and runs great. BUT when I run it off the ground it runs fine. The moment I put it down and give it some gas it goes dead. Especially when I really get on the throttle. Or as soon as it comes against any resistance on the engine it goes dead. What do I do know? What is causing this?
Thanks again.
Randy

I've got the same problem with my Inferno GT BMW M3, I don't know why, I'm still having trouble breaking-in. Just fishished 1 tank, a few more to go. Hopefully things will look better. Im getting lots of rich mixtures even by the factory setting its still rich. I hit the gas and the engine would stop. Try yours with wheels of ground, the engine would die too even off ground. Right? CUz thats the case with mine....

randy@puppetworkshop.com 01-24-2008 06:59 AM

It runs great off the ground. Try another fuel. Some have too much oil in them for this engine. I switched back to O'Donnell and it starts and runs great just not when its on the ground. I am sure its a setting of some kind even though I have been tinkering for hours to get it to work. Dont know what I am missing.

rockinro 01-29-2008 01:59 PM

your engines r too rich...just lean it a little (tighten the high speed needle).