RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/8246301-nasty-1-10-scale-road-cars-using-21-larger-engines-come-inside.html)

Brent Davis 12-14-2008 09:50 PM

Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
3 Attachment(s)
I am a huge fan for the 1/10 scale cars using .21 or larger engines and was wondering who all besides the Miami guys and nitrohead have built them or have them? I love the challenge of getting the car to handle a full throttle take off and harness the full power under full throttle.

I found that the NTC3 was a great challenge with fitting 1/8 scale tires on it and then the exhaust was a challenge as well as the plastic ring/pinion gears which I later found out a steel gear solution for that. I then looked into the OFNA CD3 which has the center design transmission and that gave me alot better alternatives for the exhaust than the rear trans design of the NTC3 and OFNA LD3 cars. So as of right now, I have 4 OFNA CD3 cars.......one with a .21 Kangaroo in it, one with a RBmodded 3.3, one with a RBmodded RB .15 and one brand new spare car as a back-up.

What do you guys have or know of anyone that has built 1/10 scale version big block cars? Any pics?

Here's my CD3 with the Kangaroo in it.
Attachment 2238906

Attachment 2238907

Attachment 2238908

bigwill5686 12-14-2008 11:27 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
1 Attachment(s)
here is my super nitro, wolf pack everything but transmission, which i am still looking for. The motor is an OS 30vg that i got from ebmods. i am going to change that up for something faster soon....not sure what though


Brent Davis 12-15-2008 06:06 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
bigwill, now that is what I am talking about. Why change the engine when you haven't ran it yet though? Are those supposedly fast engines or just truck engines?

I too have the wolfpack radicals adapters and man have they saved me some headace. Without the use of the large 1/8 scale tires, there's no way that I could get the car(s) to stay hooked up at all. I also wouldn't mind building a belt driven car but there's no way for me to shorten the control arms to bring the tires in further to fit under a 235mm body. Are you making your own body for yours?

RUSTYREVO 12-15-2008 07:44 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
which adapter kt can i use for an ofna gpx4

RUSTYREVO 12-15-2008 07:49 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
I'm in raleigh, we aced lastnight and my boy has a tc3 built like your cd3 that thing is wicked. he also has a 1/10 with a modded 15 that is just about as fast at 150 feet .

i raced a stock os 18tz against th 15 with about a ten foot head start and won one out of two. the 15 is insane.

RUSTYREVO 12-15-2008 07:51 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
which adapter kit for gpx4

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 09:41 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: RUSTYREVO

which adapter kt can i use for an ofna gpx4
You would have to contact wolfpackradicals.com for the adapters.

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 09:47 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: RUSTYREVO

I'm in raleigh, we aced lastnight and my boy has a tc3 built like your cd3 that thing is wicked. he also has a 1/10 with a modded 15 that is just about as fast at 150 feet .

i raced a stock os 18tz against th 15 with about a ten foot head start and won one out of two. the 15 is insane.

LOL. I built that NTC3 for him, it actually used to be mine......(Calvin is his name). He called me last night while you guys were out there racing.

This is the old NTC3 that I built and sold to the B&E teammates.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/DSC00889.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/DSC00890.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/DSC00885.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/DSC00886.jpg

PrjctStrtFrce 12-15-2008 10:28 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Are [link=http://wolfpackradicals.com/html/_all_adapters.html]these[/link] the adapters?

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 10:31 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Are [link=http://wolfpackradicals.com/html/_all_adapters.html]these[/link] the adapters?
Yep.

PrjctStrtFrce 12-15-2008 10:41 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Sorry for going O/T, but which adapters are needed? Would it be a good idea to just get "all adapters" or a specific set? Would those adapters work on my Duratrax Street Force? I would assume yes, but would like to make sure. The link that they provide to purchase their items doesn't seem to have their items...do you know of another place?

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 11:01 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
To everyone that is trying to find the wolfpack stuff....good luck, it took me almost a year to find all the stuff for my super nitro, and i am still looking for a trans, but if you can contact wolf directly he will sell you some of the stuff he has left. but there isn't that much to be honest

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 11:14 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Yeah I heard that wolfpack was not doing too much of any business anymore so if you can get in touch with him, that would be good for you. I know of way too many machine shops around that can easily duplicate those adapters so that is what I am going to get next as a few spares wouldn't hurt to have.

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 11:37 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

bigwill, now that is what I am talking about. Why change the engine when you haven't ran it yet though? Are those supposedly fast engines or just truck engines?

I too have the wolfpack radicals adapters and man have they saved me some headace. Without the use of the large 1/8 scale tires, there's no way that I could get the car(s) to stay hooked up at all. I also wouldn't mind building a belt driven car but there's no way for me to shorten the control arms to bring the tires in further to fit under a 235mm body. Are you making your own body for yours?
I have run the 30vg for testing purposes and i think its just to much power, anything over 1/4 throttle and all 4 of the foams break lose, doesn't matter what speed i am at. As for the body i am still running a 235mm body, and yes the tires stick outside of the body in the rear, but since this car will be only drag racing for right now its not a big issue to me, but i am working on trying to get a 1/8 scale body to fit.

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 11:44 AM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

I know of way too many machine shops around that can easily duplicate those adapters so that is what I am going to get next as a few spares wouldn't hurt to have.
I am trying to find someone to make a few sets so i can start my next project, and maybe i could sell a few to some select people

RUSTYREVO 12-15-2008 12:06 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
actually that looks a lot like the body i wrecked. i have a tc3 as well thats what i raced lastnite not have diff problems with the 18 as far as stripping. just slidding side ways out the hole. need those adapters or something. come to think of I it was not the one they got from u i raced. they have another car with a wicked 15 on it. the car they got from u is unreal don't know whats in it but it hits like a 1000hp big block

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 12:54 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: RUSTYREVO

actually that looks a lot like the body i wrecked. i have a tc3 as well thats what i raced lastnite not have diff problems with the 18 as far as stripping. just slidding side ways out the hole. need those adapters or something. come to think of I it was not the one they got from u i raced. they have another car with a wicked 15 on it. the car they got from u is unreal don't know whats in it but it hits like a 1000hp big block
Yeah when I was talking to Calvin, I could hear you running the .18 TZ as I asked him what was in the background. He said it was a stock .18 running around. They saw the NTC3 and called me to buy it. I sold it and have even worked on it since then as well making a few parts fit for them. That car is definately fast especially with the engine that they are using with it. You are Sean right? I talked to Calvin a few minutes ago.

bigwill, making some of those adapters would definately be the bomb. There aren't many people doing such a thing as we are but I am sure you can sell a few. Without the body covering the tires, you are right in having a body made to fit. I just couldn't see a car without a body to fit over those tires. I am surprised at the .30 being too much power as well but I haven't tried anything bigger than a .21 yet either.


RUSTYREVO 12-15-2008 01:05 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
yeah I'm sean. can u give me a call. i found a place that has some radical stuff in stock but the said that tc3 is not metric and adapter will not fit. dont know how tro use pm so i will out my cell number up here 919-889-3575 need to know which ones to get from them

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 02:53 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Brent, the biggest problem with the .30vg is the torque. a stock .30vg was fine, but when i put the modded one on its just to much for 132ft. I am thinking about going with a modded .21 nova

GT100 12-15-2008 04:04 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Hey, you guys are completely nuts for putting those oversized engines in those cars. Why would anyone bother putting anything bigger than a 15 into a car. If the companies that made those car thought it would be a great idea to mount anything besides a 15 in them, then they would have done it. All you guys are looking for is to tear up stuff in a perfectly good car. Speed isnt everything you know. There are some of us that actually like to race on tracks, so why put a motor like that in a car? I'd bet that if you ran your car and my car on a track, then I would beat you all day. 21 and bigger motors are supposed to be in trucks and true 8th scale cars, not 1/10 scalers.

Oh wait,thats all stuff I'd heard from people when I started doing that. :D

Great looking cars you all. Im loving those bodies as well. Keep up the good work and keep me posted on some of those speeds.

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 05:22 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

Hey, you guys are completely nuts for putting those oversized engines in those cars. Why would anyone bother putting anything bigger than a 15 into a car. If the companies that made those car thought it would be a great idea to mount anything besides a 15 in them, then they would have done it. All you guys are looking for is to tear up stuff in a perfectly good car. Speed isnt everything you know. There are some of us that actually like to race on tracks, so why put a motor like that in a car? I'd bet that if you ran your car and my car on a track, then I would beat you all day. 21 and bigger motors are supposed to be in trucks and true 8th scale cars, not 1/10 scalers.

Oh wait,thats all stuff I'd heard from people when I started doing that. :D

Great looking cars you all. Im loving those bodies as well. Keep up the good work and keep me posted on some of those speeds.
Thanks man, this is actually the first time my car's pics have hit this website, i was kinda nervous cause i know how most people can be on here.

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 05:35 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: Got_to_100_now_die_hatin

Hey, you guys are completely nuts for putting those oversized engines in those cars. Why would anyone bother putting anything bigger than a 15 into a car. If the companies that made those car thought it would be a great idea to mount anything besides a 15 in them, then they would have done it. All you guys are looking for is to tear up stuff in a perfectly good car. Speed isnt everything you know. There are some of us that actually like to race on tracks, so why put a motor like that in a car? I'd bet that if you ran your car and my car on a track, then I would beat you all day. 21 and bigger motors are supposed to be in trucks and true 8th scale cars, not 1/10 scalers.

Oh wait,thats all stuff I'd heard from people when I started doing that. :D

Great looking cars you all. Im loving those bodies as well. Keep up the good work and keep me posted on some of those speeds.

LMAO! At first I was getting angry thinking that you were being a smart azz but then I did notice it was a Miami guy.....lol. I really enjoy the challenge with getting the small wheelbase cars to hook up and run FAST. Sure we all know how well they run in 1/8 scale but the real challenge is in a 1/10. Heck you and that twin RB TM928 car aint no joke either but I do really like it.

bigwill, man you gotta be yourself and as what was posted before, I too got the why's and it won't work and yada, yada, yadas but after doing it myself, the car handles and runs very good. There's a guy on here that goes by Nitrohead3500 and he was kinda skeptical at first doing a big block in his NTC3 but after seeing a video of mine, he put one in his and saw for himself that it can work out just fine. This thread just may inspire someone else that has been told different too.

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 08:04 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 


[/quote]
bigwill, man you gotta be yourself and as what was posted before, I too got the why's and it won't work and yada, yada, yadas but after doing it myself, the car handles and runs very good. There's a guy on here that goes by Nitrohead3500 and he was kinda skeptical at first doing a big block in his NTC3 but after seeing a video of mine, he put one in his and saw for himself that it can work out just fine. This thread just may inspire someone else that has been told different too.
[/quote]

O dont worry i am always gonna be myself...Now when you see a super at hollywood in the spring you gonna be wondering if its mine or not, which kinda makes it fun, keeping everyone guessing why that super keeps up with 1/8th scale guys

bigwill5686 12-15-2008 08:05 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 
Brent, are you making those bodys yourself?

Brent Davis 12-15-2008 08:14 PM

RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: bigwill5686

Brent, are you making those bodys yourself?
No. You can get them from here.

http://werksracing.com/query.do?main=bodies


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:10 PM.