RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   single speed to 2 speed upgrade (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/8966534-single-speed-2-speed-upgrade.html)

reeve1987 07-26-2009 09:58 PM

single speed to 2 speed upgrade

so my thunder tiger TS4N is currently fitted with s single speed setup.

i was hoping some of you can post up a link to where i can buy all the relevant parts to upgrade to a 2 speed setup. and also a list of the parts as i dont actually know exactly what parts i need to buy. also if a gasket needs replacing and is creating a leak would this result in the following 2 symptoms, firstly lost in efficiency from the engine i.e not moving until mid-high rpms from idle. also accelerated fuel consumption?

your assistance is greatly appreciated as with all of my threads and look forward to reading your replies.

also several screws on the undercarraige require tightening regulary, i.e after every run. would you recomend threadlock or will superglue suffice?

larryf333 07-28-2009 01:42 PM

RE: single speed to 2 speed upgrade

I don't know about the 2-speed, but I can tell you that a leak in the engine will result in those symptoms and that threadlocker is definitely better than superglue.

oneofakindtrini 07-30-2009 11:47 AM

ExhAust Gasket Def.. Needs to be changed And Head GAsket.. Sure you not running too rich? And TreaDLocKer The Red One.

djzachtyler 07-30-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: oneofakindtrini

ExhAust Gasket Def.. Needs to be changed And Head GAsket.. Sure you not running too rich? And TreaDLocKer The Red One.
be careful with red threadlocker, it makes it a PITA to get the screws back out I recommend the blue threadlocker... too many times I have bought used RCs that had red and the screws were inpossible to get out and required drilling and tapping in the end... Blue LocTite is the best...

reeve1987 08-02-2009 02:30 PM

thanks guys, any ideas on the tranny parts?

reeve1987 08-07-2009 04:59 PM

can anyone help with list of parts?!!!

larryf333 08-07-2009 09:19 PM

Red loctite is extra strength. Definitely make sure you get low strength loctite like zach said. Seeing as you are in the UK and I am unfamiliar with the TS4N, I can't tell you which parts to get. Wish I could be of more assistance.

snowbl!nd 08-08-2009 12:15 PM

PD0896 includes everything you need to convert from single to 2-speed.

reeve1987 08-08-2009 12:53 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOthank you blind!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i just need to find a retailer for it and the price lmao

snowbl!nd 08-08-2009 01:34 PM

£35 there or there abouts. So not cheap...

tuner_mx6 04-13-2010 08:26 AM

were would the head gasket be at cause i dont think i have one wht does it look like would that cause my car to not be letn the fuel get to the carb. and my exhaust gasket broke to would that do it please help me im so stuck rite now ty

Chriscraft 09-14-2012 05:19 PM

hi guys,
I am looking for parts for my tomahawk vx. I need parts for the 2 speed tranny. I have searched for certain parts and not having any luck.
Got any suggestions?[:o]