RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC On Road Nitro Cars (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/)
-   -   is this knock off a copy of a name brand? (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-road-nitro-cars-242/9771329-knock-off-copy-name-brand.html)

nitrosportsandrunner 05-31-2010 02:35 PM

is this knock off a copy of a name brand?

1 Attachment(s)
a new poster on here has this chinese onroad nitro. he is having trouble finding parts.
i know that sometimes these RC's are a copy of name brand RC's and that the name brand parts will work.
im not really into on-road, so i wouldnt know
so here is the pic
anyone think it looks familler? it has a .15 engine, 2speed tranny and is belt driven.
when you click on the pic, make sure to click on that purple box to see it full size.

proanti1 05-31-2010 02:42 PM

RE: is this knock off a copy of a name brand?

Looks like a mugen... there was some other dude a while back that was also looking for parts for one of those.

nitrosportsandrunner 05-31-2010 02:56 PM

i looked at some mugen cars on ebay. one of them did seem to share the same A-arms and suspension layout. but the drive belts were on the wrong side and the gas tank wasnt in the same location.
maybe its a copy of a mugen car that i couldnt find on ebay, maybe an older model?

jatoracing33 05-31-2010 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The front A-arms definitely look like a mugen. I tried matching it with an MTX-2, and it looks mostly the same with the exception of the radio tray and the drive belts. I don't know, here's the pic i tried to match it with.

proanti1 05-31-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i looked at some mugen cars on ebay. one of them did seem to share the same A-arms and suspension layout. but the drive belts were on the wrong side and the gas tank wasnt in the same location.
maybe its a copy of a mugen car that i couldnt find on ebay, maybe an older model?
No, not an older model, I have an mtx 2 which is the oldest belt driven mugen touring car. I have one, I can mic one if you want. Will have to be tomorrow though, I'm at work right now. The car is actually quite far from being a mugen, its just designed like one. The two speed system is completely different. Do you have a camera? Can we see some pics of the bottom of the chassis?

taylor91 06-01-2010 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
need more?

Rewired4 06-06-2010 10:23 AM

Hey
I was recently given a similar car from a friend and was also wondering what make it is. My chassis is exactly the same except my pipe comes out the head above the pullstart on my motor. I want to get back into the hobby and would like to order some part's online only i dont know were to start, does anyone know the name of this rc car? Thanxs

>josh

bigdogkanicsar 06-06-2010 11:03 AM

you might want to check kyosho and yokomo or team magic. from looking may be kyosho?

Rewired4 06-21-2010 02:22 PM

Bump^

oneofakindtrini 06-21-2010 03:10 PM

No, can't be knock off, that engine is a turbo port. The suspension design is that of a Mugen, but at the same time..

jatoracing33 06-21-2010 03:59 PM

try getting numbers off of every part you can find a number for. i can see from the first photo there are numbers on the belt; write them down and google them. And does that sticker on the receiver box say anything?