Community
Search
Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

Humanoid Robot

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Mr. N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humanoid Robot

Hey everybody lets throw in some ideas how this would be possiable, software, parts, ect.

WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLbla1IJ6oc

You gotta admit this isfreakinawesome and alittlescary.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
fiddy_zen

Default RE: Humanoid Robot

I guess if you had alot of money you could make an automaton like that but the real problem is there is no artificial intelligence available at least none that you would trust using with an armed robot maybe in 50 years...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Mr. N

Yes the technology is out of reach for a while but the basic building of something like that is not. I wonder if the smooth movement in the arms, legs, ect ispossiblewith todays tec or if were still stuck withjerkymovement?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 AM
fiddy_zen

this is the most current video I could find on youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcZJqiUrbnI

impressive, but if you think about it, it's just a puppet without strings, and they never show if there are people controlling it with r/c or something. I think the people working on robots are doing the easy part, making things that can move and look like humans, but again, without intelligence what do you have? A fancy puppet show. The robot in this video can perform a song and dance that it has been programmed to do, that's it. If it could learn to do any number of songs and dances, the way humans do- by learning, then you would have a real robot. We still have so much to learn about human intelligence and the way we learn to do things, I am afraid it will be a major hurdle in real robotics that will take decades to over come.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Mr. N

thats creepy, the face is just so empty, but the movement of the robot was pretty smooth. I bet its just wirelessly connected to a computer because the movements had some jerk to them and itdidn'tlook like a delay jerk like if someone had a suit on and the robot was just coping their moves. I'd love to see it fire a weapon but with humans controlling everything of course. With the intelligence i heard some researcher were working on a chip that made nano links like the human brain and it could learn, but i'm sure its just a thought for the future. For a robots brain i think its easier just to have a wireless connection to severs which act as their brain and the robots could all be linked to servers and it would be a network. The robots would never be able to work on their own without this server so no rouge robots.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 PM
fiddy_zen

haha, you are obsessed with the idea of armed robots Yeah, you could have your robots connected to the internet no problem, but it isnt really a brain, I mean you and I are connected to the internet right now, is it thinking for you? Maybe you could have a human controlling the robots that way, but still they would be puppets. We really need some AI for these things, heck if a robot even had the intelligence of a mouse it would be a revolutionary advance. Compared to a computer, the mouse is a genius. I guess it's an unfair comparison since computers have no intelligence. They are extremely powerful number crunchers and we depend on them for all our technology, but they have no intelligence at all. I am not saying it is impossible for some computer-based intelligence to be developed someday, but so far it remains a dream.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Mr. N

Haha sorry, I see what you mean, i guess it would just take time to program the billions of thoughts that a human would have. I wish it could be like the human genome project where we could scan a brain and get all the code out. Ah dreams