Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Servo Question

Howdy All
    I just bought a HS-805BB hitec servo. I have other servo's working fine but this just goes a few degrees forward and backward when I send information to it. I can rotate it gently and it's not stuck. Is this common? Is it broken?
    I really need this to work!

Thanks
    Doug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Servo Question

Can you test it with a servo driver/tester? If you have, and the same tester worked fine with other servos, and you checked/rechecked the connections without success, you must have a bad servo. If you are using a receiver, switch it to another channel which you KNOW is working - if it doesn't work there, bad servo. If it DOES work in another channel, there could be a problem with the receiver.

Hope this helps...Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 805 has the potential to draw a lot of current. What are you using to send control pulses to the servo?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, All
    Thanks for your help. Ispoke with the Manufacturer and he thought it was defective. Just my luck. I tried everything. The current was adequate. The servo driver drives other servos correctly.
    Thankx