Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

Brushless motor controller for robot...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 AM
JustHover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor controller for robot...

I'm wanting to use a couple 1/18th scale brushless motors for a differentially steered mini sumo robot. I'm looking at the CC Mamba Micro Pro or the Sidewinder Micro. I need the forward and reverse to be symmetrical, and I'd like the thing to break when not commanded forward or reverse. The problem is I don't want to drop a couple hundred just to test the feasibility. They tell me everything is adjustable, but I can't see through the hype for the information I really need. I even wrote Castle Creations support but they blew me off. Anyone who has experience with these motor controllers wanna help a guy out?

I also see they package these controllers with motors. They have 4200kv, 5400kv, 6800kv 8000kv motors. Which to choose? Run times are very short, 3 minutes. I want the most torque possible and will need to make gearboxes to get the rpm's down to usable levels, around 750 to 1000.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:24 PM
sHmily963

Default RE: Brushless motor controller for robot...

good luck
Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Brushless motor controller for robot...

If you're going to gear the motors down just use standard RC brushless controllers with high ratings, they're the least expensive you will find. You'll probably still end up cooking them. Roboteq makes the best controllers, if you have the money.

It really doesn't make sense to use brushless motors like that though.