Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots
Reload this Page >

MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 01:34 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT

History to this MIA RC servo operated robotic Pilot is imbedded in all associated MIA videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9C92ZBgQr0[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15374.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	1783819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25826.jpg
Views:	2188
Size:	241.9 KB
ID:	1783820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82301.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	1783821  
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Default RE: MIA RC MICROLIGHT TRIKE ULTRALIGHT ROBOTIC PILOT

Early beginnings to present

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMBhkHV3Kc[/youtube]

Name:	Nl30347.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	1783822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53142.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	1783823  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

playing with the look of canopies on the MIA freestyle Microlight Trike Ultralight.

I did a couple full body canopies, covers, but I am still undecisive on the specific one.

I don't want to cover the look of the Robo pilot. I think it adds a bit of high tech look and
interest. I will leave the more, in scale, look for the other trikes I have been building, but we'll see how that goes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyGdXZnFlJQ[/youtube]
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpHTXdYwbOA[/youtube]

The Making of MIA"s latest RC Microlight Trike Ultralight Wing.

Well I bit the bullet again and dug out the sewing machine and the roll of ripstop nylon fabric I've had for nearly 10 years. I am so glad I kept the roll of ripstop in a cool place, and in a plastic bag sealed container. Still as good as new, when I first received the roll. I got so much of this stuff I could actually build a real full scale sail from it. LOL

Anyway, this is not the first time I am sewing a sail, and certainly not the first sail I've done with batten pockets, but it is a new sail that I've been wanting to do reminicing the one I did back in the 80's. I miss that sail and trike, I should not have sold it!.

OK, so while building this new sail, I figured I throw in my own tricks, methods and select materials which I have been continuously using on many of MIA Products.

The flying, landing and king post on my RC trikes and even on real ones have always bothered me. They are tedious to build, and really do not offer anything more than moderm easier, more efficient, and "safer" less complex methods do. So I revisited the topless wing again, whcih I had done on many smaller micro rc trikes I had build in previous years. But this time I added a few new patentable innovations which can also be applied to real microlight sails from a higher "safety concious" point of view. And boy oh boy!, how well I know this, having also crashed and learned a lot from such, on many trikes I built, in the years I've been designing them.

The MIA RC Robot Pilot works to my satisfaction and now I have a great looking and performing sail (Wing) to match the Robo pilot and new MIA RC Trike weight requirements.

My previous sail I was testing the MIA RC Trike Robo Pilot with, did the job. But I started to add other types of equipment and this called for a new sail.

So here is a compilation of some of MIA Micro-FLIGHT 's RC Trike Microlight Ultralight wings, sails. It is important to note that the sail has to be designed in line with the desired type of aircraft, weight, performance, so each sail is different. I've done so many, sometimes I loose track. I am only showing a small portion of them in this video.

My inspiriation, as usual, comes from real aircraft, but also as typical of me, I usually find a better way to build it, simpler, more efficient and to my specs and satisfaction.

So this latest MIA RC Trike Wing, although it looks similar to many real trike wings sails out there, it has some very cool innovations whcih will be seen in the next video when my wing is completely finished and mounted on the Trike and ready for flight. Check it out!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

MIA RC Microlight Trike Ultralight

Weather here in Arizona has ben unseasonably muggy, wet and humid. While waiting for weather to clear so we can take it flying, I made this video.

The landing gear suspension is on purpose that way, because I use this model to train a couple of my team members. The more in scale larger trikes
I have are more for pro flying. I forgot to install the canopy and windshield I showed in an earlier video, so the pilot looks naked! LOL.

Someone suggested I should go to Toys R Us and buy him some toy action figure clothing, lol, problem is that my pilot is larger than a GI-Joe Ken doll and I really
woul prefer to do the clothing myself so it is completely original. No pilot, body or clothing canabalized from other products in the MIA Microlights.

The MIA Robot pilot works great, as shown in my terminator like pilot trike earlier video, a change of pace from the more typical rear mounted servos to keel control .

The sail is a full cut, sewn, topless wing with battens and pitch stabilization built in. Took some thought and special made parts to make it work "with simplicity" at this scale.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHwmycab9pA[/youtube]
Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

MIA Naked Robot Pilot flying a MIA Topless Wing.

Name:	Mk25307.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1789957   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30300.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1789958  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:31 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

MIA RC Microlight (Trike) Robotic Pilot Real Weight-Shift Controlled Topless Wing.

Name:	Ig12045.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	630.5 KB
ID:	1794234  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGRedKm9uZQ[/youtube]