Community
Search
Notices
RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots Discuss autonomous and radio control robots and anything related to robotics in here

How to do twin track robots RC wise

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 12:17 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do twin track robots RC wise

How do I do twin track as in tank tacked vehicles robots tanks bull dozers or boats.

So the left and the right vertical sticks both control a throttle that can go in reverse or frward where the centre posiion is stop both down reverse both up forward and one up and one down to turn?

How do I do this on a transmitter as well as the reciever else so guess thats two electronic speed controls.

But all the transmitters I see only seem set up for aircraft with one throttle, that cannot do reverse just 0 to 100% forward and only one stick>}
What kit do I need and how would it be set up please.

its for a robot project a star wars drid much lijke B3emo for the Ando series.

So also lookign to add in feastures includeing pushign out a lightsabre handle, operatign a smke machine button etc
Old 12-04-2023, 12:17 PM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

What you want is called a sabertooth motor controller. That will put motion control on one stick. Push the stick up for forward, back for reverse and steering is left and right. Just Google sabertooth motor controller. Something that old, I'm assuming it uses brushed motors. Not sure if the sabertooth will work with brushless.