RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-robotics-autonomous-robots-490/)
-   -   Modding Ultimate Wall-E (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-robotics-autonomous-robots-490/8283344-modding-ultimate-wall-e.html)

zaintlouis 12-26-2008 03:55 AM

Modding Ultimate Wall-E

i'm not an expert here so please forgive me with my noob questions. i got an Ultimate Wall-E robot toy for my 2 boys. it looks ok but i think it needs some modding.

like.. the nicad battery pack is small like 6 cells (double A size cells) and gets easily drain.

1) can we use lipo 7.4 battery packs in it.
2) can we make room inside its compartment to place an extra battery pack?
3) i also think the thread wheels doesn't have bearings, so plastic bearing make it a major drag and helps drain battery life faster
4) i was hoping someone would help and make some instructions as to incorporating metal bearings in it just like in our r/c cars.
5) does lipo battery packs only good for brushless motors? can i use a parallel wiring for two lipo packs to wall-e. no harm could be done?
5) anymore modding ideas is much more welcome. and thanks in advance.

zaintlouis 04-02-2009 06:08 PM

RE: Modding Ultimate Wall-E

Jusy found out that 7.4 lipos can be use to Wall-E. but you will have to repack it.

zaintlouis 06-12-2009 03:13 PM

Lipos can be use both brush and brushless motors.
lipo packs in parallel connection is ok to use on wall-e or any battery operated toys or devices.
wall-e doesn't like rough pavements. dont ever let your kids play him there. he likes smooth tiled floors, carpets. or any smoother surface areas. one of my kids wall-e got one of its gears broken when he was used on rough pavement. after that incident wall-e can't perform to dance perfectly anymore luckyly i was able to repair it. i made the broken part much stronger. he's now dancing perfectly.
there isn't enough room for extra bettery pack inside wall-e body.

well that's all i know about that toy. take care of your ultimate wall-e. sry to say there arent any experts to help us around here. we're on our own. there arent any aftermarket parts for wall-e so this toy is simply expendible so goodluck.

Alpha Male 08-10-2009 01:03 AM

can we use lipo 7.4 battery packs in it.
If you use a LiPo battery pack you will need an external voltage cut-off. If a LiPo battery gets below 6 volts, it will ruin the battery and could puff up or even catch fire.

zaintlouis 11-07-2009 11:41 AM

Yeh thanks Alp, it did a good help. lipo cut off is a must.

Lipo is so dam cool takes a long long time before he gets low batt lol well haven't broken anything new with wall-e yet. just really wish there are alloy upgrades for that toy.

veritysanty1978 07-27-2017 01:58 PM

Wall-e ultimate brand new damaged head and neck motors

Received and ultimate wall-e from american shop on ebay diznoidtoysdotcom.

He said it was a numbered item and had been taken out the package only to number it.

It arrived zip tied into its original case however received head adn neck damage (that he says is in transit). I paid 1300.00 for it as a collectible item.

It has not worked since I got it except for hte voice and wheel treads motors working and dancing.

Does anyone know how to take it apart so I can put new head and arm motors in and replace gears with metal ones.