Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Xl5 esc

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
boatfisher25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xl5 esc

I am getting the scx10 honcho kit and I was wondering if the traxxas xl5 esc Will work with the axial 27 turn motor because I have seen people run it.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
gokemidoro

Default RE: Xl5 esc

ORIGINAL: boatfisher25

I am getting the scx10 honcho kit and I was wondering if the traxxas xl5 esc Will work with the axial 27 turn motor because I have seen people run it.
Thanks

Methinks you've answered your own question, but you won't have drag brake. I don't know if that's much of a concern for a trail truck, though.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

many guys run the waterproof version XL-5 on the scx....cause its waterproof! as mentioned, it doesnt have a drag brake but then thats not totally needed for trail running.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
boatfisher25

ok thanks, i was just wondering because i want this to be my waterproof truck that goes everywhere, and besides i have one laying around from my slash 2wd