Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

scx 10, winches, transmitters galore

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

scx 10, winches, transmitters galore

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 AM
shockwave3895

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scx 10, winches, transmitters galore

so i am looking to get into the hobby of crawling with an scx10 honcho. i was wondering what there are for good, cheap, 2.4 ghz transmitters that i could run a winch and the truck with. i was also wondering what good winches there are. and finally, what are good hopups for the scx10, how difficult is waterproofing it (it is 105% garunteed to be completely submerged, accidentally or on purpose), and what will i break first. i have a evader ext that i beat to hell, so i am not a complete noob, but i have never run a crawler, or even held one for that matter, so i need everyone to speak to me like im 5 :-D

thanks
shockwave
Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: scx 10, winches, transmitters galore

ORIGINAL: shockwave3895

so i am looking to get into the hobby of crawling with an scx10 honcho. i was wondering what there are for good, cheap, 2.4 ghz transmitters that i could run a winch and the truck with. i was also wondering what good winches there are. and finally, what are good hopups for the scx10, how difficult is waterproofing it (it is 105% garunteed to be completely submerged, accidentally or on purpose[img][/img]), and what will i break first [img][/img]. i have a evader ext that i beat to hell, so i am not a complete noob, but i have never run a crawler, or even held one for that matter, so i need everyone to speak to me like im 5 :-D

thanks
shockwave
not sure whats the cheapest 3ch 2.4ghz radio. i have the 2.4ghz radios that come with redcat's but they are only 2ch.

i think RC4WD makes a winch. there is also a way to make your own winch out of a servo, but i dont know how to do that.

waterproofing can be easy or alittle hard. you could buy a traxxas waterproof ESC and servo, and put your Rx in a ballon with a zip tie at the end.
or, you can pull apart the case of most ESC's and coat the board in Plastic Dip. and with a servo, you seal the seams of the case with something and put some heavy grease were the spline comes out.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Jado 6
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scx 10, winches, transmitters galore

Hey dude, I have an assortment of crawlers and scalers- here's the deal. With the scx- if your running alot of juice, replace the aluminum output shfts on the tranny with steel ones. I've got a goat 3s with an 11.1v lipo, and went throgh two sets of stockers before i got smart and got some RRP steel units. On the other hand, I've got a rooster and a 55t in another, and have never broke a thing. I can't think of another problematic area with the axial- guess that's why everyone lovesem'. Of course you can upgrade till your head explodes, just don't confuse pretty aluminum parts with more capabality on the trail. C ya out there.