Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

integy crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 AM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default integy crawlers

besides the normal integy sucks statments, does anyone have any input on the integy crawlers?

anything that i should know?

here is a couple pics of it

Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Shabbernigdo

Default RE: integy crawlers

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

besides the normal integy sucks statments, does anyone have any input on the integy crawlers?

anything that i should know?

here is a couple pics of it

Seems you alredy know the most important information.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL^^

with ANY crawler, adding weights to the front wheels or axle helps.
i havent seen an integy up close, but how are the tires? are they soft? what of the foams?
with the redcat rs10, the stock foams are too stiff for crawling. i just took them out, what a HUGE difference. making the tires softer lets them form to the rocks and grip better.

does that rig have 4WS?

does it look like you might be able to swap the steering links from the front of the axle to the rear?(BTA mod)

it may not be the best super crawler, but that doesnt mean there are not some simple mods that will make it fairly capable.

and half the fun is modding anyway!

OH, how old is your kid? i have a 8 month old boy and he crawls around after my rock crawlers when i drive them in the house. keeps both of us entertained!
Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

LOL^^

i havent seen an integy up close, but how are the tires? are they soft? what of the foams?
with the redcat rs10, the stock foams are too stiff for crawling. i just took them out, what a HUGE difference. making the tires softer lets them form to the rocks and grip better.

does that rig have 4WS?

does it look like you might be able to swap the steering links from the front of the axle to the rear?(BTA mod)

it may not be the best super crawler, but that doesnt mean there are not some simple mods that will make it fairly capable.

OH, how old is your kid? i have a 8 month old boy and he crawls around after my rock crawlers when i drive them in the house. keeps both of us entertained!
the tires are soft enough but the foams are a little on the stiff side.

it does not have four wheel steering, however the only thing i need for that would be a rear steering servo and 3 channel radio, all the linkage and steering blocks are already there.

i agree modding is half the fun and i have some plans for her already, like i am going to make custom tvps, battery tray, radio tray,
lower links, and possibly a custom cage instead of a body.

my baby girl is only 2 months old so far, but this will be #3 for me, and my wife has twin red head girls so altogether that's 5 kids.
i am excited for the baby to start getting mobile though. she is already a barrel of fun. lol

thanks for the tips
Old 12-20-2010, 03:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

LOL^^

does that rig have 4WS?

the tires are soft enough but the foams are a little on the stiff side.

it does not have four wheel steering, however the only thing i need for that would be a rear steering servo and 3 channel radio, all the linkage and steering blocks are already there.

i agree modding is half the fun and i have some plans for her already, like i am going to make custom tvps, battery tray, radio tray,
lower links, and possibly a custom cage instead of a body.

my baby girl is only 2 months old so far, but this will be #3 for me, and my wife has twin red head girls so altogether that's 5 kids.
i am excited for the baby to start getting mobile though. she is already a barrel of fun. lol

thanks for the tips
i have the redcat rs10. it has 4ws but its way cooler than most. it has 4 steering mode you can select from the remote(on the fly)
you have front, 4 wheel crab, 4 wheel opposite, and rear.
if you get a 3ch radio you can have 4ws with the rear controled by a 3 position switch(full left, centered and full right)
but you can also use a "Y" cable and use the stock 2ch radio. you will have full-time 4 wheel steering, and you have to setup the rear servo to function opposite the front. but its not hard to do.
believe me when i say that 4ws is way more fun and that it makes a rock crawler far more capable!
i have my 8 month old boy, and a 9year old step daughter. its nice to have 2 kids, and even nicer with the age difference. i try to get my daughter into RC, but like her mother they just dont appeal to her. thats why i had another kid!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
moezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Axial AX10 RTR crawler, andi put the 4 way steering on it by using the "Y" wire you have mentioned but i had a problem with it, when the truck was not moving and i steer to either side and press the throttle the cralwer didnt move, but my ESC lights red as its being in use, i had to let go of steering for it to move again. so i took the 4 way steering off of it now works fine, any idea why this would happem
Old 12-20-2010, 04:02 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: moezer

I have an Axial AX10 RTR crawler, andi put the 4 way steering on it by using the ''Y'' wire you have mentioned but i had a problem with it, when the truck was not moving and i steer to either side and press the throttle the cralwer didnt move, but my ESC lights red as its being in use, i had to let go of steering for it to move again. so i took the 4 way steering off of it now works fine, any idea why this would happem
i think its possible that the BEC on the ESC wasnt strong enough to run 2 servos and the ESC. BEC takes voltage from the battery to power the Rx and the servo. by adding another servo more voltage is being drawn, thus the RX doesnt get the power it need.
im not positive, its just a guess. you can get an external BEC, or a higher grade ESC.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
moezer

I have an Axial AX10 RTR crawler, andi put the 4 way steering on it by using the ''Y'' wire you have mentioned but i had a problem with it, when the truck was not moving and i steer to either side and press the throttle the cralwer didnt move, but my ESC lights red as its being in use, i had to let go of steering for it to move again. so i took the 4 way steering off of it now works fine, any idea why this would happem
i think its possible that the BEC on the ESC wasnt strong enough to run 2 servos and the ESC. BEC takes voltage from the battery to power the Rx and the servo. by adding another servo more voltage is being drawn, thus the RX doesnt get the power it need.
im not positive, its just a guess. you can get an external BEC, or a higher grade ESC.
is there a way to go around the BEC? i changed the reciver to a duratrax 3 channel reciver that i had in my nitro rc buggy would that work? i havent tryed it yet and i dont even remember what reciver i had in it hahahaha.

Sorry bigdog for stealing ur thread :P
Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

is there a way to go around the BEC? i changed the reciver to a duratrax 3 channel reciver that i had in my nitro rc buggy would that work? i havent tryed it yet and i dont even remember what reciver i had in it hahahaha.

no harm in trying that, but if its the ESC's BEC that is at fault, changing the Rx wont help. if you have another ESC to put on and see if that works.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM
bigdogkanicsar

it's a definite that i will invest in a 3 channel or 4 channel radio(now that you pointed out full right, center, or left).
also wheel weights are in the mix later.
all this takes me some time cuz of the rarety of cash.lol
Old 12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
moezer

it's a definite that i will invest in a 3 channel or 4 channel radio(now that you pointed out full right, center, or left).
**** life it self is time consuming lool
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
moezer

no harm in trying that, but if its the ESC's BEC that is at fault, changing the Rx wont help. if you have another ESC to put on and see if that works.
ok man thanks for the info, i dont have another esc and i wont be bothing with it right now, ill live with 2 wheel steering for now
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
bigdogkanicsar

**** life it self is time consuming lool
very true ,however i don't mind taking the time to live.