Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Rock Crawling, Wanting to get started

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Rock Crawling, Wanting to get started

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rock Crawling, Wanting to get started

I looked at the one until I came across the wraith.
The electronics (Castle esc ) should be up to the task.

If it crawls good, that I will purchase it. (have it on back order now)

Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 AM
jsowens

ORIGINAL: K_B

Make it easy on yourself. Get the Axial SCX10; either the Dingo or the Honcho. The parts support and parts quality is better than the Venom and way better performing than anything RC4WD makes. That RTR Pathfinder is hideous. The Venom also uses proprietary beadlocks, so I don't think any of the aftermarket tires will work. The savings on the Creeper is not worth it.
Aftermarket tires do work on the creeper stock beadlocks. I've got a buddy who used panther cougars on his for over a year until he upgraded to aluminum wheels and I've seen plenty of other people use rovers and various other aftermarket tires on creeper beadlocks.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:12 PM
integyjato3.3
My Feedback: (5)

Buy an excced mad torque1/8 scale from nitrorcx. $159 shipped (with a free shipping code) Comes RTR with 2.4 ghz radio battery,charger. Try it out. If you like it and want something more then sell it and spend the money for a better one. If you dont like it then your not out a bunch of money. I got 1. I don't compete or anything. Just bought it for fun. Thing crawls over anything I have tried so far. Has 2 axle mounted 540 brushed motors. I'm sure they dont compair to top brands but if it's just to mess around with save ur $$$$$$
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: integyjato3.3

Buy an excced mad torque1/8 scale from nitrorcx. $159 shipped (with a free shipping code) Comes RTR with 2.4 ghz radio battery,charger. Try it out. If you like it and want something more then sell it and spend the money for a better one. If you dont like it then your not out a bunch of money. I got 1. I don't compete or anything. Just bought it for fun. Thing crawls over anything I have tried so far. Has 2 axle mounted 540 brushed motors. I'm sure they dont compair to top brands but if it's just to mess around with save ur $$$$$$
If you read the thread, the OP was looking for something somewhat scale, not a comp type crawler.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:12 AM
integyjato3.3
My Feedback: (5)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo If i read the thread. My bad . By it anyways.