Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

1/8 hsp crawler

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
74robby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 hsp crawler

does any one know where i can get the plastic ball ends for my 1/8 hsp crawler?
my book has no part numbers for them
Old 08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Spexx

Default RE: 1/8 hsp crawler

I use ********,blacksmithproductsand ebay. Plus you don't have to stick to hsp specific parts. Some other parts fit.
Mine is now a scale truck. Trying to decide on what motors to put in for a bit of wheelspin but still torque. Ideas?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
zman5000

badass hummer dude, iv'e found only black ones. i dearly want a yellow one.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Spexx

Ye I struggled to find a body. Was lucky to find this one from a new bright truck hardly used and for free lol. Put L.e.ds, Homemade roof rack and accessories, now got a winch, 4 wheel steering with minimal turn at the back to keep scale look, star cut foams and drilled rims but tyres still not gripping near enough, and a personal touch of topping up the oil shocks with BABY OIL lol. Dont ask. 
The 1/5 shenqi hummer truck shell is another option for something on the larger side and easy to paint. Seen one on ebay.
What else can I do to the tyres as they just not deflating enough, Cut the foams even more?
How can I get more wheelspin but keep my hill climbing torque and long runtimes?
To work out a esc dual motor limit that only has info for one motor, do you use the single turn limit multiplied by two, E.G 15 turn 540 size motor limit is 30 turn dual motor limit?  

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
pritch

Sweet looking machine Spexx.

I don't think the esc / turn thing works out quite like that. I only say that as the Novak Rooster has a 27t limit on one motor, and a 35t on two. It may depend on how they are configured, I'm not sure as I use motors with way more turns for crawling with my Rooster so best to ask in one of the dedicated forums on here.

The inevitable answer to your question about wheelspin is that it's hard ot do both, though maybe a motor around the 30t mark may do both, if it's big/quality enough. I think you will have to sacrifice some genuine crawling torque, but on a scaler perhaps that's not the end of the world?

With regard to foams, I cut mine to deep stars in my Proline Moab XLs - they are unstoppable. But I wouldn't want to be doing more than 10mph on them as they are super squidgy and would rip to shreds - again, it's going to be a compromise. GL.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Spexx

Thanks for the info Pritch. I ordered 35 turn motors to try out but using a cheap ESC I hope can handle the lower turns from stock 55 turn. If it burns will invest in something else but I haven't got much money so looking for a pre-owned one lol. By the way the HSP is under-rated and is a great hill climber. 
Shame in my area there is a lack of trailing/crawling areas and local park is best bet lol.